• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mango

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I understand that the video says 2 years, not the 10 advertised on the thread title.

Also appears to be like brand new with the FTF, FTE, etc.

Last edited:

dtkw

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Bloomington
    I am impressed, but I would be more impressed if he didn't clean it first and fired with mud here and there. Like the HK416 in the demo on mud, sand, and water.

Mango

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Any videos of a 1911 doing the same thing? Two years in the ground with the change of seasons, impressive.

I think two world wars were probably a better test of the 1911 than a YouTube video would be.

Also, no one really knows if it was really buried for two years, or if the gun being shot was the one dug up.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    When I'm deciding on what weapon I should purchase and carry, "can I bury this for a few years and then shoot it afterward" has never been a criteria for me.

I guess there's a cool factor there for the Glock fans, I just don't see the purpose.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    When I'm deciding on what weapon I should purchase and carry, "can I bury this for a few years and then shoot it afterward" has never been a criteria for me.

I guess there's a cool factor there for the Glock fans, I just don't see the purpose.
    I have to agree - as with any precision tool, I do not choose which to get based upon how long it would survive unprotected in the ground.

That said, if I were going to bury a firearm, I would do so in some sort of protective container/material/etc.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Actually this video puts Glock enthusiasts in a pretty dim light..... You need to be a special kind of 'tard to bury something worth $500 completely unprotected with the intention to let it rot. And then when you throw in the fact that he was so insecure in his choices that he needed to go to this extent just to prove that his confidence is justified........ Like I said, a special kind of 'tard.

Maybe It's just the contempt and neglect that they are exhibiting by the way they treat a perfectly functional firearm that is rubbing me the wrong way, but I am not impressed at all by the behavior. The gun firing does seem surprising however.....

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom