• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Davecz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2014
    Dyer
    Torn between the two. Glock feels better and from what I heard shoots better but the pico is probably the most concealable gun I have handled. I could probably carry in gym shorts and would barely notice.

Any thoughts?

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have a Nano and carry it frequently. I've been overall pleased with it's functionality and form factor.

I saw my first Pico at the 1500 last weekend. Really felt awesome to me and loved how small it was. For me, I abandoned the 380 caliber some time ago for 9mm, but I am a Beretta fanboy and considered jumping back in due to the small size and shape of the Pico.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I'm a huge fan of both Glock and the G42. Mine has been an incredibly fun pistol to shoot and I carry it and use it for back-up gun competitions some shooting sports have. I can't say enough good things about it. I'm also a fan of Beretta and the Pico is a great piece but I hate the mag release with a passion. I can't think of a worse place to put one or a worse style to use. Undoubtedly it would be a great gun, very reliable and incredibly well made but for pocket carry I use an LCP and opted for a OWB holster for the G42 because it does have actual sights on the gun and that can create a snag hazard for pocket carry.

LPPOsecurity

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    NWI
    The glock is the best feeling little fun I've ever felt, and it's all Glock in a tiny package, I don't think you could go wrong with it, I've not had hands on a Beretta Pico, but if I were betting I would say it doesn't have nearly as good of a trigger and prolly doesn't feel as good in the hands as the Glock

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    I'm a huge fan of both Glock and the G42. Mine has been an incredibly fun pistol to shoot and I carry it and use it for back-up gun competitions some shooting sports have. I can't say enough good things about it. I'm also a fan of Beretta and the Pico is a great piece but I hate the mag release with a passion. I can't think of a worse place to put one or a worse style to use. Undoubtedly it would be a great gun, very reliable and incredibly well made but for pocket carry I use an LCP and opted for a OWB holster for the G42 because it does have actual sights on the gun and that can create a snag hazard for pocket carry.

:+1:

Midskier

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    NWI IL/IN BORDER
    Pico looks and feels very well done..... very smooth very slim (.71") with in 0.1" of the lcp or cw380 , comes with 2 - 6 round mags
    Cabelas Hammond has / had one and saw another @ the 1500 Sunday

Davecz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2014
    Dyer
    Saw one at cabelas, trigger is actually pretty good but the mag release truly is horrible. If I ever was in a position where I needed to use it I better get it done with six shots otherwise I'm a goner. Might as well not even try to switch mags. It is tiny though. Question is who has a 42 in stock?

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    The Pico IMHO is junk. The mag release is almost impossible to engage without changing grip and using two hands, and the slide release also very hard to hit with a thumb.

Davecz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2014
    Dyer
    Not my first handgun, wouldn't be my first Glock or beretta. I think I should buy both and the one I don't like give it to my wife for Valentine's day.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    Saw one at cabelas, trigger is actually pretty good but the mag release truly is horrible. If I ever was in a position where I needed to use it I better get it done with six shots otherwise I'm a goner. Might as well not even try to switch mags. It is tiny though. Question is who has a 42 in stock?

This would fall under the training issue title more then likely.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    I'm not a fan of the Pico but I am a fan of the Nano which I carry quite often. If you check the dimensions you'll find it's actually smaller than the Glock 42. It holds 6 rounds of 9mm vs. 6 of .380 ACP for the Glock. I've probably fired 500 rounds out of mine at the range and it's been flawless and I find it very pleasant to shoot as well as being quite accurate.

I'm having trouble understanding why you might want to go with a .380 when you can get a 9mm in the same sized package.

ncuster852

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2014
    Brownsburg
    OP nailed it. Glock is more "shootable" Beretta is more "Hideable". Choose which one is a higher priority to you, then get both. Muahahahahaha!!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Torn between the two. Glock feels better and from what I heard shoots better but the pico is probably the most concealable gun I have handled. I could probably carry in gym shorts and would barely notice.

Any thoughts?

What do you carry now? If you are carrying a larger Glock, and are used to that platform, and just really want something smaller, the 42 would be my pick of the 2. More info is needed.

Top Bottom