• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Not that it matters, but what I'd really like to see is a G21 with a G30 length grip, or to put it another way, a G30 with a G21-length slide/barrel.

Opie

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Evansville
    The Glock 30SF will be the closest match, however it will be thicker. I can feel very little real world difference between the G30 and G30SF, though technically the 30SF is shorter front to back. I have owned and shot a lot of Glocks over the years and the G36 is the most awkward in my hands.

I have seen 7-10 different G36's with reliability issues. These weapons not only malfunctioned for the owners, but the problems were replicated by firearms instructors on the range. At first we thought they were being limp wristed until we fired them ourselves and had the same problems. New mag springs and recoil assemblies solved it for a couple of the guns, but not all. These were low milage guns with probably less than 500-1000rds fired. I took pictures of the malfunctions and sent them to Glock, but we never got a fix.

Rovindal

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2010
    I just bought a g36 last month. My first glock! I hated the way it felt in my hand. But I hate the way all glocks feel. Very large hands and my finger doesn't fit under the trigger guard. 30 minutes of sanding the trigger guard and tons better! Still doesn't feel great but better. I bought it to carry not to take to the range. It's lighter and slimmer than the g30. Feels better in my pants. I tried a g30 w/ a 36 slide. Not much much difference really. The slide is narrow but the frame still sucks. If I want 10-12 rounds I would rather carry a bigger HK45. To me glocks are trash guns. They feel terrible in my hand, I can drop them, throw them or just throw them away and I won't care! I like that. I baby my kimbers & HKs Everyone needs a ****ty piece to carry. 30, 30sf, 30s or 36. So similar it doesn't really matter

spanky_27

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    Columbus
    G30

I pick my G30 up tomorrow 2/4/13 in Shelbyville had one before and should have never traded it.I seen a lot of GLOCKS in Columbus,IN at pheonix guns give them a call they had a 21sf and a 30 would have bought mine there but i had already ordered one from Shelbyville..

Drake.45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Carrying the G30 as we speak, it's got around 1000 rounds thru it and it has been flawless so far, I'm looking to get a 1911 so I can stick with the .45 but something a little thinner. You cannot go wrong with a Glock.

Rovindal

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2010
    I have had my g36 for over a month. Haven't shot it yet. I hope that is does in fact shoot! Especially since I have carried it every day! The funny thing is I went shooting the other day. It was in my pants but I just shot my HK usp .45 tactical. Didn't really have any interest shooting the glock!!

bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    I think you'll like the G30. I pocket carried one for years. If you decide you want a G19 size gun later on check out the G32. It's a 357sig in a G19 frame. I carried a G31, full size 357sig for a few years, before the G30.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I have got the 30. It's nice. The width isn't an issue for me and my big hands. I prefer my 1911. It is longer and groups better but would not be affraid to trust my life with the 30. I am happy with it.

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    After I picked up my 36 I quit using my 30. Yes the 30 carries more rounds but the 36 is so much smaller and easer to carry. My 30 now lives in my get home bag.

LD36

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Bloomington, IN
    If you want one that feels like a G19, then a G36 is the only choice. I had one but sadly had to sell it. It fit my G19 holder and almost identical dimensions. Its a good gun.

As far as a gun shop in southern Indiana with a good selection, I'd say either Cosner's in Bedford (tend to be priced higher than most) or my personal favorite, Orion Arms Corp in Jeffersonville.

Top Bottom