• ...and so much more!
  • Which would you choose?

• Total voters

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    I go back and forth between the g26 and g27 now. lol I've never shot a 40 cal. before but I'm sure I can train myself to get use to the extra recoil it has over the 9mm.

Go try one to be sure. Im not the only one, my dad agreed hed much rather carry the 9 instead of the .40.

Its all personal preff which is why I suggest going and trying both. If you shoot the .40 and shoot the 9 after there are CONSIDERABLE recoil differences.

Check out hickok45 on youtube. He has a ton of reviews on everything. His words... "if youre going to be at the range frequently and have the time and money to practice, go with the .40. If you plan on going every once and awhile, go with the 9.

My marine buddy who has served 2 tours in afgan and 1 in iraq told me (as will many others) shot placement is key. 2 rounds from a 9 are better than 1 miss from a .40 every time. Not to mention the 9 has higher velocity for better penetration. If you buy speer gold dot 124 grain +p theres only a .02 difference on expansion. Also keep in mind a 9mm is a .35... id rather have accuracy, cheap ammo, and available ammo over a .05 preshot and .02 post shot.
    :twocents:

like I said, its all personal preff. A ton of people I know carry .40. Absolutely nothing wrong with it. Im just giving you my opinion.

WATCH THIS VIDEO
    YouTube - Glock Fab Four

also keep in mind this dude can hit a 9mm and a .40 glock 230 yards away... he knows his ****.

Will0369

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Westfield
    I own a PF-9 and carry it every day, even in the house. I searched and searched for a good small pistol, but when lcp and its clones were all the rage, I came across the PF-9, while at the range. It is a "major" caliber in 9mm and more than one guy there had picked this pistol over their Kahrs. Price point is huge to me when we talk about deep concealment every day carry, I dont care if I bang my Kel Tec against the truck door, I dont care about holster were, and I can carry to spare mags. The glock is awesome, but for IWB carry in the summer, you cannot beat the PF-9, unless you spend twice as much on the CW9 from Kahr. Now I would like to put my hands on an new Ruger LC9 and see how it measures up.

zombiehunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    edbean: I swear you must be peeking in my windows....I JUST subscribed to hickoks channel and was watching all of his videos! lol (he definitely helps me think more about buying a g27 or g26!)

Thanks again everyone for the constant suggestions! I'm willing to listen to anything anyone has to say!

zombiehunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    IWB carry in the summer, you cannot beat the PF-9

This is what keeps me undecided between my 2 choices too! I want something that I KNOW I will carry no matter what the weather! Again, I'm a BIG guy and when I can...I wear shorts! I'm always freaking hot (I'm actually in shorts right now with the furnace turned off) so I want something that is comfortable, lightweight, and easy to conceal in a IWB holster during summer months! (I typically wear jean shorts or cargo style shorts)

I will have to see them in person before I make any purchases! Not only for size comparison, but to see how they feel in my hand! If I don't like the feel of it in my hand, I won't shoot it enough at the range to feel comfortable with it...and thus, I won't carry it!

zombiehunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    ok, just made a stop in to Rusty Duck in Spiceland and handled a Kel-Tec p3at.....those things feel like toys! lol If those are anything like the pf9, I don't think I want one anymore!

He didn't have a pf9 to handle nor did he have a G26, but he did have a g17 that I looked at....and I liked the shape and feel of it in my hand a LOT! :)

I'm not sure what I'm gonna do yet tho....but I'm leaning more toward the g26 a lot now (just hope I can find a better deal than the $599 he wanted for one! ouch!)

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    If you pay anything drastically over $500 youre getting ripped off. (for 3rd gens) I paid $509 for my g19 from a store notorious for over charging.

zombiehunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    I'm not sure if it was a gen3 or what....I'm hoping for the price he wanted, that it was a gen4!

Anyone know a good place to buy brand new glocks for a reasonable price? I don't really care about gen.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    I dont believe the gen 4s for the 26/27 are even out yet. I like the gen 4s, but they have been having some problems with jamming and ejection failures as well as the casings hitting you in the face because of the springs. They will probably have the issues fixed by the time they come out (if they havent yet), but like I said before. Dont fix what aint broke. I stuck with the proven gen 3. Ill wait a few years until I get that gen 4 .45acp ;)

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    I dont believe the gen 4s for the 26/27 are even out yet. I like the gen 4s, but they have been having some problems with jamming and ejection failures as well as the casings hitting you in the face because of the springs. They will probably have the issues fixed by the time they come out (if they havent yet), but like I said before. Dont fix what aint broke. I stuck with the proven gen 3. Ill wait a few years until I get that gen 4 .45acp ;)

Pretty sure the Gen4 G26 is out. I don't believe the Gen4 G26 will have the ejection/jamming issues because the G26 has always had the dual recoil spring.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    yeah if its a .40 then it should be fine. They just used the .40 dual springs on the 9s and thats what caused it. By now... if you get a NEW gun, you should be fine. Just make sure you get it from a good dealer who stands behind their stuff. Or atleast have glocks number on hand incase you have any problems.

Otherwise you should be good to go!

theturtle06

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Denver, CO
    Pretty sure the Gen4 G26 is out. I don't believe the Gen4 G26 will have the ejection/jamming issues because the G26 has always had the dual recoil spring.

^ This is correct. Sold two in the last week in the shop I work at. The Gen4 26s are out but I'm not sure if they're as readily available as the 17/19s. On the full size 9mms, they've started shipping them with different recoil springs than the first batch which have reportedly fixed the isolated issues. I'd imagine because the Gen4 26s came out well past the Gen4 17/19s they had the updated recoil springs in the Gen4 26s.

Chow40cal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    Olympia
    ok, just made a stop in to Rusty Duck in Spiceland and handled a Kel-Tec p3at.....those things feel like toys! lol If those are anything like the pf9, I don't think I want one anymore!

He didn't have a pf9 to handle nor did he have a G26, but he did have a g17 that I looked at....and I liked the shape and feel of it in my hand a LOT! :)

I'm not sure what I'm gonna do yet tho....but I'm leaning more toward the g26 a lot now (just hope I can find a better deal than the $599 he wanted for one! ouch!)

If someone told me that they expected $599 for a G26, I'd probably have to inform him of where his head was lodged...I won't pay that for a full-framed Glock, it's just not going to happen. The three I've purchased have all been LE/Military rates, but I don't think I've ever...let me say again EVER, seen a G26 go for that much. Mine is OD even, and I think civilian pricing I've seen was more like $475-500. I purchased one at Midwest Gun in Mishawaka, and another out here in WA.

Bottom line: Find a place for your hard earned cash where the guy behind the counter doesn't keep half of it...

zombiehunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    I think civilian pricing I've seen was more like $475-500. I purchased one at Midwest Gun in Mishawaka, and another out here in WA.

Bottom line: Find a place for your hard earned cash where the guy behind the counter doesn't keep half of it...

thanks Chow....I wasn't sure what the "normal" price range is on these little beasts! Now I know for future reference! :) :draw:

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    I was in a similar situation. I had a PF9 and it was a nice little piece. Occasionally a fte but for the most part reliable after a couple hundred round break in. No problems after that. I then had a chance to buy a G26 at the military rate and I just couldn't pass that deal up.

Absolutely no comparasiom between the two. The glock is the winner hands down. I just don't see how anyone could compare the operation of the two. The glock is one of only a few handguns I have ever bought new that is 100 percent functional. Handles anything you can throw at it. Try different weight hollow points with the pf9 and see how it functions.

Money wise I guess you may have to go with the pf9 but if money is not the overriding factor, then go with the glock. you won't be sorry.

zombiehunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    no, money isn't the issue at all....it's only size/weight! I want a gun that I KNOW I will carry and not look at it as a burden to put it on and carry! lol

I like the kel-tec because it is just so small I know that in a holster, I would practically forget I had it on my hip.

I know the glock is more expensive and bigger/heavier, but I like it better in theory (reliability, customizations, etc.).

Again, I have still never handled either one, but based on the feel of a glock 17 in my hand, I REALLY liked the feel of it! (width and frame shape that is)

I'm gonna keep this poll up and take suggestions, but as of right now....I'm going to get the glock 26! :) Now I just need to shop around and find the best deal on one! I'm uncertain as to buying new or used....I like having NEW stuff, but I like the discount that a used one might bring! lol

zombiehunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    so would everyone agree that a NEW glock 26 with shipping and handling AND FFL transfer fee totaling under $500 is a good deal?

I'm looking at gunbroker and I'm seeing some that with shipping and everything would end up around $470-$490 and my FFL only charges $10 so that seems like a good price....would you agree or should I look elsewhere for better prices?

Keep in mind, the auctions I'm looking at are for NIB (new in box) as I think I'd rather go that route if I can get a good price. (I'd like to stay away from used unless I can get a REALLY good price on it!)

Top Bottom