• Total voters

zombiehunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    Which would YOU choose?

I don't want other suggestions saying "Well I would pick an M&P" or "I like my Taurus" blah blah blah

If the only 2 choices sitting on the shelf for you to buy were a Glock 26 and a Kel-tec PF9, what would you get?

Each have their pros and cons....and I'm SURE I know the answer, but I'm posting this poll anyway! :ingo:

Whatever ends up winning this poll will most likely become my next purchase and my EDC firearm!

Let me also explain: I had my heart set on a pf9....I WANTED a pf9....I've done HOURS of research on the pf9!
    But, I just recently started changing my mind to the G26 too. :( I'm so confused!

I don't want to buy a gun that is gonna be big and bulky because I KNOW I'll never carry it.....that's where the pf9 comes in!
    But, I also want something I can take to the range and enjoy shooting a lot, plus has a better capacity.....that's where the g26 comes in to play! (I mean honestly, who doesn't like the 30 cap. mags for the glocks! lol)

Last edited:

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    Glock 26 hands down - no contest.

The only positive the PF-9 has over the G26 is a lower price point. Remember, you get what you pay for.

The Glock 26 is chunkier then the PF-9 but with proper holsters and belts you can easily CC a G26 on an average sized body frame. (I do every day).

zombiehunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    well I'm not exactly an "average sized" body frame. lol
    I'm a 300+ lb man (working HARD to lower that number tho lol)

The money isn't really my "selling" point, it's the size/weight issue!

Like I said, I will NOT carry daily if it's big and heavy, but I WANT to be a daily carry for my safety and the safety of my family....just feel like it's my responsibility to carry!
    (I know I know, it's a p.o.s. but I use to carry a hi-point and that thing was a BRICK so I stopped carrying it!)

Last edited:

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    There is no comparison the PF9 is better. Great warrentee, Kel Tec really sticks behind there stuff, and they should, its a great value. Why pay more for the same thing, the PF9 is thinner, and with practice just as accurate. Some people will say that you can't put the hot loads in the PF9, and they are right, but i don't know of anyone who fires hot loads in a sub compact. Well not with any accuracy anyway.

Some people will also say the trigger pull on the PF9 is crap compaired with he glock, I personally like that the PF9 doesn't have a safety, so yes they make the trigger harder to pull, work with that too and soon you will have that under control as well.

this all being said there is nothing wrong with the glock, its a great gun.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    No contest G26!!!

My EDC is a G27, same size just different caliber, and I love it. Great carry gun. I can carry it all day long and barely notice it. I have nothing against KelTec. I like them and own 2 KelTecs, but between the G26 and pf9 I would 100% go with the G26. Go with what you will carry though. Like you said if it is too big for you then you wont carry it, so go with what feels best so you will be sure to always have it with you.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    My opinion: If you already have a very nice reliable pistol and are looking for a pocket pistol go with the kel tec. If you dont have any hanguns get the glock.

thoffman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Muncie
    kel tec, glocks feel like bricks to me

and glocks blow up haha sorry had to but i would for sure go with a kel tec pf9

Last edited:

OWGEM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Columbus, IN
    I have a G26 and my brother has the PF9. At the range the PF9 choked on my Spear Gold Dots, failure to feed. My brother fires it regularly but keeps the round count down, it's not a range gun. The G26 is my EDC and works well carrying and at the range.

YMMV. Your best bet is to try both to see what you like.

derrickgoins

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I'd say go with the Glock. You can pick up the G19 mags and add a few more rounds for range work and training. Kel-Tec makes a reliable gun but it's not a range gun by any stretch! Also, make sure and get a good belt and holster combo.

theturtle06

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Denver, CO
    Why are you comparing apples and oranges?

The answer:

Nail, meet head.

The Kel-Tec is a pretty nice little gun for the money, don't get me wrong, but is a mousegun. The G26 you can shoot at the range and it won't punish you with the recoil while the KT will likely not be as pleasant or easy to shoot. YMMV may vary there. The Glock is a more solid pistol in the fit and finish department too. If you're comfortable with a pocket gun, there's nothing wrong with the KT but you'll find yourself shooting a G26 at the range more due to its comfort compared to the KT.

tooleman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Those are both good guns in my opinion I would base my decision on what the gun is to be used for. I carry a g19 but some days I would like to carry a smaller "pocket" pistol. So I would go with the keltec

Top Bottom