• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trevorreplys

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2009
    My dad just got his first gun a Glock 19. I want to get him something for it for Xmas. With all the accessories and holsters out there I thought Id make a thread to help me out

If you had just got your first Glock 19. What would be the first accessory you would want? Honestly I would like to get him a IWB holster but he might already have one.. I wish I could see his gun printing sometime to know if he does have one.

Post your ideas to help me out! Thanks
    Note: He does already have his LTCH

m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    The first accessory would be some real sights to replace the crappy plastic sights the gun comes with. I'd get him some mepro or trijicon night sights.

If you're looking to get him an IWB holster, check out the Comp-tac MTAC.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    My normal "carry package" consists of Meprolight night sights, extended slide stop, extended mag catch, frame plug, smooth-faced trigger (to replace the serrated one that comes standard), and polishing of the trigger bar/connector engagement surfaces.

Really, the only thing the gun needs is night sights; everything else is gravy.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    My normal "carry package" consists of Meprolight night sights, extended slide stop, extended mag catch, frame plug, smooth-faced trigger (to replace the serrated one that comes standard), and polishing of the trigger bar/connector engagement surfaces.

Really, the only thing the gun needs is night sights; everything else is gravy.

i am not a fan of the extended slide stops.... had one on almost every glock i owned for a while until i started doing dynamic shooting and i found with off hand, or weak hand, and even some unconventional positions that i would inadvertantly push it up and lock the slide back while firing... went back to stock and its a non issue....
    sights 3.5 pound connector with some polish work extended mag release and grip plug are all big +'s in my book.

alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    A Blackhawk Serpa holster. Since I bought it it's my only carry holster. I have another holster that is easier to conceal the G19 but I just prefer the Blackhawk holster.

Also, extra mags but I'd personnally just go for 15rds G19 mags or some KCI mags which go for around $10 a piece and are just as good.

I love my G19, it's been my primary carry/side arm for the last 18 months.

jmb79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Wyoming
    Every Glock I own has the following (in no particular order)

OE smooth trigger (if it did not come with one from the factory)
    Meprolight night sights green/green
    OE extended mag release (except on large frame pistols)
    OE extended slide stop
    OE 3.5 lb. connector
    Holster
    Lots of ammunition and range time

Trevorreplys

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2009
    Ended up ordering the night sights and picked up some ammo @ the store. Thanks for the help! My original thought was the night sights but thought the price was a bit steep but since everyone says they are a must I had to get em :p

Top Bottom