• Glock 17 vs M&P 9mm

• Total voters

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    its a very user specific choice. They are both good handguns. Try both, and find the one that fits you better. Buy that one.

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    I dislike the trigger and grip shape of the M&P, so Glock has the better ergonomics for me. Glock has fewer parts, less to break, easier to detail strip, easier to maintain. M&P looks better, is easier for people with small hands to manipulate. M&P comes with night sights standard, that's not always the case with Glocks, when you get to the 9c vs the 26 the 9c will have a rail when the 26 won't.

Both are fine weapons and thousands upon thousands trust their lives to each everyday, but for me when I had to give consideration to both, I chose Glocks

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Both are fine guns. I prefer the Glock because it fits me better. I have shot some M&Ps and didn't care for the stock trigger. It can be changed or some even like it as-is. Can't go wrong either way when it's a personal preference choice. But my choice is the Glock. You may differ and that's OK.

RBrianHarless

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Kokomo
    I have owned both the Glocks and the M&P. I really like the Smith and Wesson but I love the Glock. Can't go wrong with either pistol.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    I have owned and carried both and I honestly cannot say which one I like better. They both are great guns.

Z71Gunner

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Brownsburg, IN
    I had to vote for the Glock. I own a G17 and enjoy it. I have not had the chance to shoot the S&W, but I understand that it has a pretty solid reputation.

windellmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    I dislike the trigger and grip shape of the M&P, so Glock has the better ergonomics for me. Glock has fewer parts, less to break, easier to detail strip, easier to maintain. M&P looks better, is easier for people with small hands to manipulate. M&P comes with night sights standard, that's not always the case with Glocks, when you get to the 9c vs the 26 the 9c will have a rail when the 26 won't.

Both are fine weapons and thousands upon thousands trust their lives to each everyday, but for me when I had to give consideration to both, I chose Glocks

The M&P Pro 4.25" barrels have night sights. The standard guns do not. It is pretty hard to find one with night sights.

Top Bottom