• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    What if I were to buy air time blaming you for all those young men growing up without fathers? What if I tell the world they only acted like that after meeting you and you obviously are teaching them this is "normal"? Feels good, huh? How much of that pain goes away after I tell you, "If it's not needed for you, then it's not about you and you don't need to be offended."

I feel like you want this to be a trick question. But it isn't, because reality is this simple: I never felt like that ad was targeting me.

If you watch that ad and feel attacked, then one of two things is happening.
    1. You see some of your own bad actions being portrayed
    2. You are identifying with the wrong people in the ad
    The ad shows both bad stuff and good stuff. If you do the good stuff instead of the bad, then identify with the people shown doing good stuff. It's not that hard.

With this logic we can figure out the universe! Armies create war, churches create sin, women create rape and on and on.

WHAT?! Honestly, I'm lost. I don't know what you are trying to say, and I don't know how this is connected.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So you honestly don't see all men being targeted when the ad featured the photoshopped long line of men grilling, extending to infinity (in the shot), and all saying "Boys will be boys". That image just says 'some' or 'a few' to you?

You are more unique than you know

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    I feel like you want this to be a trick question. But it isn't, because reality is this simple: I never felt like that ad was targeting me.

If you watch that ad and feel attacked, then one of two things is happening.
    1. You see some of your own bad actions being portrayed
    2. You are identifying with the wrong people in the ad
    The ad shows both bad stuff and good stuff. If you do the good stuff instead of the bad, then identify with the people shown doing good stuff. It's not that hard.

WHAT?! Honestly, I'm lost. I don't know what you are trying to say, and I don't know how this is connected.

What, you are upset when someone feeds you a line of crap. Not to worry, be happy, I am gonna sell the idea to some idiot that repairs toasters who will run it as an ad and then we can all agree "something must be done" or "it doesn't apply to me".

Personally I come here to discuss. That neither makes me wrong nor a simpleton. You don't know me. Gillette for sure doesn't know me. Yet Gillette insinuates I am the problem, you imply I am at least part of the problem, and you both claim to be the answer or part of the answer. That is exactly the "yeah me, screw you" attitude I have referenced in previous posts.

If you read this post and feel attacked, then one of two things is happening:
    1. You hear some of your own bad actions being portrayed
    2. You are identifying with the wrong people in the post...

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Obviously you're not a man.

You need to get with the modern times and start being easily offended, while at the same time criticize others for being offended by things that you agree with.

In ten years we'll look back at a dumb commercial, a la Coke's world peace sing-along.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Personally I come here to discuss. That neither makes me wrong nor a simpleton. You don't know me. Gillette for sure doesn't know me. Yet Gillette insinuates I am the problem, you imply I am at least part of the problem, and you both claim to be the answer or part of the answer. That is exactly the "yeah me, screw you" attitude I have referenced in previous posts.

If that is how you understood my post(s), I apologize. You are right to say that I don't know you. What I meant was this:

If the bad stuff in the ad isn't anything you do, then there's no reason to get upset since it wasn't about you.

Does everyone here take personal offense to a lawyer's billboard about DUI defense? If it doesn't apply to you it's easy enough to just ignore. There's no benefit in looking for a way to be upset.

I honked my horn this morning. I only meant it for the guy stopped in front of me looking at his phone at the green light, but from this thread I understand how someone on INGO might have mistaken it to be targeting them personally.
    (Now that I say that, it would be a bit ironic if someone here was checking INGO at a stoplight in Knightstown about 6:15 this morning.)

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    You know. I stopped using their blades a long time ago. I got sick of paying $30 for a set of 4 blades that wore out in one shave. I moved over to Dollar Shave Club a while ago and I don't regret it. $9 a month for 4 new blades, and a bunch of other things that I really like.

Regardless I saw the commerical.. Typical broad brush from the NPC's

I used to buy their blades about three times a year. Since I've retired and don't shave with any regularity, I only buy their blades once a year, if that. Almost makes a personal boycott pointless.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Just went to get some lunch. On the way home, there was a pickup truck with a sticker in the rear window that said, "Ditch the *****! Let's Go Hunting!"

That seemed disrespectful towards women. So I shot him. Am I doing this right? ;)
    Yes disrespectful to women. No, on doing it right. You’re supposed to doxx him and relentlessly shame him on twitter for being literally Hitler, post a meme comparing his photo with Nazi death camps, and, if you happen to be a writer on SNL, offer to give fellatio to anyone who will punch the nazi im the face.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yes disrespectful to women. No, on doing it right. You’re supposed to doxx him and relentlessly shame him on twitter for being literally Hitler, post a meme comparing his photo with Nazi death camps, and, if you happen to be a writer on SNL, offer to give fellatio to anyone who will punch the nazi im the face.

That sounds like entirely too much work. And I'm NOT making that offer to anybody. :):

Top Bottom