• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bmmyers08

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Danville
    i was talking to a guy at work and he says he has never been outside the 465 loop. How the hell does this happen. he isnt the first person i have heard this from. the oldest person i heard it from is almost 50. maybe its just me but there is no way i could go without ever seein the rest of world. y would someone do this to themselves?:dunno:

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Same reason I spend most of my time in Marion, Boon, Hamilton, Hendricks Co.s That where everything is I need. I don't need to venture out too far unless I feel froggy. Cincy Zoo, Atterbury, Loiusville, Atlanta. But I am just happy close to home and family.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    To some, it's all they know, and they are happy with it. One of my ex wifes relatives was like that, she had never been more that 50 miles away from home, and was in her 50's when we drove her to Tulsa OK for a wedding. She had a great time just staring out the car window. She said she never dreamed she would cross the Mississippi river in her life.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    That is crazy ... i mean with all the transportation we have nowadays, its wild to think that people walking and on horses travelled more than some people today

raggedoutcummins77

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011
    morgantown in
    i use to work with a guy for a few days that had never been out of frankfort indiana i trained him for a week and he ran a run for a half of a day and called me and said he cant do it he dont know his way around not even with rideing with me for a week how crazy is that

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    I got a friend at work who we joke never leaves Greene county. He does on occasion, but not often.

I couldn't imagine not getting out and seeing things, got kind of a wandering heart and traveling toes. Comes from growing up with parents who loved to travel. That and a family that lives from one coast to the other.

bmmyers08

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Danville
    i guess there are more people like that than i realized. i just suppose i dont hang with these people...lol. i have lived in 4 states and been to prolly 40+ of the 50 we have. and im only 24. i guess im just more of a traveler then most. i didnt think of myself that way at all though. i think i would feel trapped if i stayed in 1 spot all the time.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I've been to 44 states (never to Michigan, go figure) and over a dozen countries, but most of that was as an Army brat as a kid. I haven't traveled much the past few years, but I would still find it pretty hard to stay inside a 53 mile perimeter... it would take a conscious effort I think.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    I've been to 44 states (never to Michigan, go figure) and over a dozen countries, but most of that was as an Army brat as a kid. I haven't traveled much the past few years, but I would still find it pretty hard to stay inside a 53 mile perimeter... it would take a conscious effort I think.

3 hours North and you'll hit MI. ;)

Kase

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Crawfordsville
    Amen Brian! But there is still no place like home!

Welcome to InGO Nate. Now.....

5034406902_2d6f883872.jpg

painmerchant

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 23, 2011
    clarksville
    I am from a small town in Kentucky originally and it blows my mind how many of its inhabitants have never left the tri-county area. They may go a county over to the livestock market once a season and thats about it. I for one had to get out of there, but to each their own.

4x4

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    My grandfather hasnt left Indiana since he got back from Okinawa in 56 (USMC)

Top Bottom