• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dooshie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    Indy
    I have a chance to but a glock 26 gen3 brand new in a box never fired. What would u guys pay for it. It's for my wife to carry. It fits her hand good. and to the forum mods. If it's in the wrong place would u move it to the right place... Thanks all

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    You can self report a thread and ask to have it moved. (the little triangle button at the bottom of your post.)

I took the liberty of reporting it to the mods to request the move to a more appropriate spot so you dont have to this time. That report causes the mods to be alerted since they may not see it unless one of them happens to stumble in and read it by chance.

dooshie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    Indy
    thanks every1. Ya I noticed it well after where I should of posted it..... lol
    Ya I have a chance to buy it for 350.00 never shot at all... Good to here this from every1... looks like I need to do abunch of reloading for my wife now lol

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I have a chance to but a glock 26 gen3 brand new in a box never fired. What would u guys pay for it. It's for my wife to carry. It fits her hand good. and to the forum mods. If it's in the wrong place would u move it to the right place... Thanks all

New gen 3 private party? $450

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    New gen 3 private party? $450

Yes. there is value in a private party sale if the gun is truly brand NiB, never fired, never carried. Some people put a premium in an "off the books" firearm. If it is used, not so much.

Its tupperware, they never go bad just sitting. :):

EDIT: Just noticed you are the buyer. Forget the private party stuff. If the seller uses that angle, tell them you dont care. I'd knock $100 off retail unless I knew and really liked the guy. (People are paranoid about a form 4473 sitting at a gun store proving they bought a gun. If you ever watched the original Red Dawn movie, you'll understand part of the paranoia... if not, the bad guys used the 4473s from the hardware store/gun shop to round up all the citizens guns in town they could)

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Glock 26

Retail is $499 so at $350 you are getting a steal. Jump all over that, even if you don't need the pistol.

Unless I'm incorrect the buyer would also pay a minimum of 7% Indiana sales tax. If the gun was purchased from a dealer or private seller out of state shipping charges would most likely apply - and possibly sales tax and or a dealer transfer fee of $25-$40 unless you have a friend who has an FFL and will do the transfer for free.

To say retail is $499 doesn't paint a true picture in my opinion. At minimum I think a truer cost would be a minimum of $499 + $33 in sales tax or shipping charges plus dealer transfer fee. I would suggest a new gun "all in" would be closer to $550. BTW, I did take a look at Bud's sight. The cheapest price for a new Glock 26 was $542. (No sales tax or shipping fee apparently). I did not scan for a used gun price.

Nothing was mentioned about the gun being a Gen 3. I am wondering if the market recognizes a difference between a Gen 3 and a Gen 4 regarding value of one over the other ?

Last edited:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Blue Lable on Gen 3 guns is $425 + Tax. So $450 for a pre-owned but unfired G26 is a fair price in this market if I were purchasing from a friend. I wouldn't give more then that.

Top Bottom