• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Only 2 stores in Ft. Wayne that don't give price over the phone.

Awesome, that helps Gander out more than ever

Only two of sixty shops in the area don't quote price

I know haters gona hate, just the way life is, but a big box store like this doesn't care if an employee marks down a few guns to a lower price to match a LGS. It sells 95% at marked cost so allowing employees to transfer a Glock 19 for $469.99 to match Midwest Guns isn't a biggie.

Yeah, because losing money always helps a business out :rolleyes:

Checkfoo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Yeah, because losing money always helps a business out :rolleyes:

Yeah I phrased that poorly, kind of an incomplete thought. To be honest I'm experiencing more and more people showing up with adds for safes, guns, and ammo. I feel like word is getting around and it's bringing in a brand of shooter that originally would of been more likely to shop at Gander for bobbers instead of bullets. So in that aspect it helps. But, like you mentioned if a LGS were to give some kind of ultra lowball I just use the lowest sale price I've seen at Gander, or can remember getting quoted from another store. For example Gander typically runs a sale twice a year where every in stock Glock is $399 so I use that. If the customer is looking for less still I just send them to the shop they had me quote for the $200 dollar deal :). Shoot, I end of sending most people to The new Wrigley's, Freedom, and Ranger just because we don't carry a lot of the accessories people are looking for. No commision kind of changes the behind the counter dynamic (for the better and the worse.)

SilveradoII

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    I just left GM. I asked about the ammo and was told they have typically been putting out about $40,000 of ammo a week. He said that has been lasting until about noon. Corporate told them they should start receiving 2 to 3 times that every week. He wan't sure if it was going to start this week or not.

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    When I was at Castleton this morning I overhead an employee telling someone else that they're going to try doing more trucks and do them at night

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I stopped by the Greenwood store tonight and have to say, I'm impressed with what they have. There are more guns in that store than I've seen in the last 5 shops combined. The prices are still Gander prices, but are close to what I've seen at some of the local shops right now. For instance, they have a CZ 75 Compact for $599, a Cannick (nice looking CZ 75 clone) for $479 and Armalite AR24K for around $550. They had a CZ 97, and a P7 as well. It has been a long time since I've seen that kind of selection in just CZ format guns.

Maybe it was the new carpet smell that got to me, but I ended up buying this while I was there. It's a 1944 Remington Rand M1911A1. I've been promising myself I'd pick up a WWII vintage 1911 one day and could not pass this one up for the price.
    IMAG1724_zpsd8d6d3af.jpg

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I stopped by the Greenwood store tonight and have to say, I'm impressed with what they have. There are more guns in that store than I've seen in the last 5 shops combined. The prices are still Gander prices, but are close to what I've seen at some of the local shops right now. For instance, they have a CZ 75 Compact for $599, a Cannick (nice looking CZ 75 clone) for $479 and Armalite AR24K for around $550. They had a CZ 97, and a P7 as well. It has been a long time since I've seen that kind of selection in just CZ format guns.

Maybe it was the new carpet smell that got to me, but I ended up buying this while I was there. It's a 1944 Remington Rand M1911A1. I've been promising myself I'd pick up a WWII vintage 1911 one day and could not pass this one up for the price.
    IMAG1724_zpsd8d6d3af.jpg

I saw that one, decent deal for the price.

Jeepers

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Gander stepped it up a notch that's for sure. The new layout is loaded with guns and ammo, although they didn't have any 223 or 9mm when I was there. Lots more clothing on display also. Looks like they chopped down camping, fishing, and archery.

dugsagun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    portage
    Stopped at one today, still mid transition so stuff is everywhere. Had a few boxes of 9,40,&45, barnes pd stuff. Had some uber priced 22 top o da line rem ammo for 25 bucks a box of 50, ouch. The gun section was average, although the tool behind the counter was talkin nonsense to some poor sap who prolly didnt know better.

avcautoinc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    the reason why they are stocked is because they are turning the entire back wall into a "gun world" a separate franchise within gander, the ganders with the gun world get priority over the others for gun stock

Vicfirth01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I know I will never take advantage of Gander's "Gun trade in" deal again. Idiot tried to offer me $90 for my ruger 10/22 cause he said it was only 75% of excellent condition. I laughed and walked way!! I am bias but I would have put my gun next to their new ones due to its condition.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    I know I will never take advantage of Gander's "Gun trade in" deal again. Idiot tried to offer me $90 for my ruger 10/22 cause he said it was only 75% of excellent condition. I laughed and walked way!! I am bias but I would have put my gun next to their new ones due to its condition.

That's not just Gander Mountain. A gun shop isn't going to give you high value for a trade in. They intend to make money.

If you want more money, sell it yourself.

Top Bottom