• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dhamby

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Crawfordsville area
    I have noticed this a lot lately. Both places I recently purchased my .223 and .308 both had not ammo on their shelves but had some put back for firearm purchases. Like stated most won't purchase a firearm if they can't get ammo for it. Smart business move IMO, though may suck for the ammo "collector."

RyanGSams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Portage
    I picked up a 9mm and it is 20 dollars cheaper than Smith and Wessons MSRP on their website. Plus they seemed to have a decent supply of ammo, not many 9mm. Only Blazer Brass if i remember, but there was no short supply of .40 or .45 rounds

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I think that's standard practice around town. I was out at PSS and heard Bob tell a customer that if he bought the gun, they'd make sure they would find him ammo for it if he wanted it. A gun store needs to be able to do that to support their customers. It does nobody any good if someone buys their first gun, but can get no ammo for it.

rlett

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Nearest Location

Where would I find the nearest Gander Mountain. I am from Bloomington.

Thanks,
    rlett

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And its not gun specific. I bought a box of 22LR with my 12GA O/U (which for big box haters was actually competetively priced). They would only sell me 1 box of 100, no more. On the plus side it was CCI for the pre-panic price of $8/100. :)

I tried to get a second box on the premise that my gun had two barrels, so I should get twice as many boxes as the limit but he didnt bite. LOL

JasonB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2013
    Pittsboro, IN
    No issue with that...

C & C Midwest Firearms in Clermont is almost the same... They will sell ammo if what they feel is enough is available for anyone purchasing a gun...

Usually limited to 1 box of .22lr, but had no issues selling 500rd with new SR22 bought for my wife a couple weeks ago.

Really appreciated that they ensured they actually had ammo for what they sold...

Top Bottom