• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chrisw0118

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2013
    I went into the Castelton G.M. today to buy a pair of shoes and ended up in the back looking to see what they had in stock. I was really surprised that there was plenty of 9mm, 40 S&W, 45 ACP, and 223 Rem. But what really gets me is that for such a big box outdoors outfitter they really don't hold up to the little guys when it comes to supplying us with reloading supplies. I have not found anything affordable or what I really ever wanted when I shopped there before discovering the local shops around Indy, and Indiana.

So lets all support our local small businessmen.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I wander through on occasion,just to see what they have to offer.

Last time I was in I noticed a 50rnd box of .22 Hornet with a price tag of $67.95!

Guess I won't be shooting the Hornet anytime soon.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    The Lafayette Gander mountain does not have loading supplies. The one that was near me in Texas did have a good amount of stock for reloading. The prices were crazy. When they had Federal and Blazer Brass 9mm ammo for about $10 per box of 50, they wanted $23/hundred for 9mm FMJ projectiles.

When Primers were $26/1000 other places, they wanted $4.50 per hundred and no discount if you bought 1000. Powder was out of sight. By the time you bought plain reloading components from them, you could have saved money buying Lapua Match ammo.

Shotgun stuff was the same. If you bought shotshell primers, powder and wads from them, you had already spent more that the price of new factory shells, not even counting the price of shot. I do not know who ever bought the stuff.

Chrisw0118

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2013
    I can remember about a year or so ago before they remodeled the two Indy area stores that did have more Shot gun reloading supplies. Now all I saw on the shelf today was several bags of wads and various manuals. I think they need to put someone at the door to ask us what we actually think about the new layout and what is stocked in the stores.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Last time I was in the Greenwood GM they didn't have much ammo and what they did have was too expensive. So I did what any sensible girl would do. I bought a pair of shoes instead. I actually found a cute pair of Merrells on clearance.

Vamptepes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Eagledale
    I know they Gander Mountain down on county line road. Down by southport/greenwood had a good amount of reloading supplies before the shortage. I do know gander mountains get there shipments in on fridays for ammo though.

Black Cloud

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Many years ago, I used to shop the GM in Merrellville when they first opened. They used to carry quite a selection of waterfowl gear, seasonal hunting and fishing gear, and reloading supplies. Then sometime in the last decade, they went the route that most big-box stores do- they operate on a credit basis. Most businesses don't have a huge warehouse or distribution center to move goods that don't sell well in one area to another that my do better. This is what's ruining the one-stop shops we loved before.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    About 2 or 3 weeks ago, the manager of a GM told us he started sending all reloading inquiries our way because all GMs (including that one) are getting completely OUT of reloading supplies.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    The Sunday add was mostly about fashionable sport clothing. I understand that there is a LOT of markup in fashion. 300-400% is not uncommon. I can buy $80 sweatshirts in many different stores in many locations. I wish they would do a better job with reloading supplies and equipment. There are few local outlets for that merchandise.

Bull1315

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2013
    Terre Haute
    Was in the Gander Mountain in Terre Haute a few weeks ago looking for powder for reloading and they had very little there too. Talked to the counter guy and he told me that they dont carry much of that anymore. Sad for such a large store.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    The Lafayette Gander mountain does not have loading supplies. The one that was near me in Texas did have a good amount of stock for reloading. The prices were crazy. When they had Federal and Blazer Brass 9mm ammo for about $10 per box of 50, they wanted $23/hundred for 9mm FMJ projectiles.

When Primers were $26/1000 other places, they wanted $4.50 per hundred and no discount if you bought 1000. Powder was out of sight. By the time you bought plain reloading components from them, you could have saved money buying Lapua Match ammo.

Shotgun stuff was the same. If you bought shotshell primers, powder and wads from them, you had already spent more that the price of new factory shells, not even counting the price of shot. I do not know who ever bought the stuff.

Sadly, I've been to a LGS and found the same results. By the time I bought the components, live ammo was cheaper.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    At least you guys have a Gander Mountain near you to go in. Just bring up google maps and look for GM in Indiana. It's a good 2 + hour drive for anyone around here to get to one.

Vamptepes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Eagledale
    Your really not. Its just a dicks with more guns anymore. I wish I could et out to a cabelas or bass pro sometime but its quicker for me to drive to ohio lol

Chrisw0118

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2013
    Gander Mountain will soon be bought out by Cabelas and that will be fine with me. Even though they are not In Indy , I stop in there when I am passing by one of their stores and they have everything. Even their online ordering is easy.

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    Im going to Columbus Ohio this weekend with my girlfriend to visit her brother. He lives <5 miles from Cabela's. I'll stop in as they typically have a respectable reloading section. I wish we had one in Indy. They out Gander to shame.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    We got both BPS and Cabelas here. Not that it does any real good. They are both overpriced to the point I can order most stuff cheaper even after shipping. I also don't have to deal with the idiots driving like morons or burn the gas.

Top Bottom