Gander Mountain in TH no longer selling guns after Jan. 1st?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BowhuntnHoosier

Angry Old Conservative Fart
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Terre Haute
    GM is a great place to go and see a gun before buying. I do know several guys buy them there but I usually do my buying in TH at Favre's Gun Shop on Fruitridge. My son has bought guns from Patriot Arms on Maple also. I hear there is an indoor gun range in Clinton. Is this the one? Anyone know their range hours,prices,what guns they allow? Thanks

csmith

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Clinton county
    If I remember correctly the store is beside the cheap cigarette store. I purchased an AR from them cheaper than buds had it for, and they have the cheapest price I can find Donon pmags at $13 each. The two guys that own the place seemed honest and customer service oriented to me. I definitely plan on doing more business with them.

fireball168

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Clinton
    M&S is in the white house just across from Hardees/Marathon/First Bank, before you get to McDonald's/WalMart. Go East on 163, just off of 63. Big sign right out front.

Most recently it was a Nurse Practitioners office, then sat empty for a year or more.

Haven't been in there yet.

The indoor range that was mentioned is at McDonald's Rod and Gun Club - a beautiful piece of property and a great place to get lunchre.

On 163 coming into town, once you start going down Crompton hill (the west bluff of the Wabash), you'll see the sign on the left - take a left just before the bottom of the hill (and the old railroad right of way).

McDonald Lake Rod and Gun Club

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    their used to be a gun store in Ellis plaza years ago. Steve Ellis (IIRC) and a brother or two were the ones who owned it. I wouldn't be surprised if they were opening a new one.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    M&S is in the white house just across from Hardees/Marathon/First Bank, before you get to McDonald's/WalMart. Go East on 163, just off of 63. Big sign right out front.

Most recently it was a Nurse Practitioners office, then sat empty for a year or more.

Haven't been in there yet.

The indoor range that was mentioned is at McDonald's Rod and Gun Club - a beautiful piece of property and a great place to get lunchre.

On 163 coming into town, once you start going down Crompton hill (the west bluff of the Wabash), you'll see the sign on the left - take a left just before the bottom of the hill (and the old railroad right of way).

McDonald Lake Rod and Gun Club

I went to High School with the owner. Was told it was a pretty sweet place to shoot. Almost went there over Labor Day Weekend when I was in town but didn't have the time.

I haven't been there yet but I think it's the old tobacco shop in front of the bowling alley

I know the place now. Actually, a good friend told me of it just the other day and I had forgotten. I hear they have some pretty nice long guns in there.

Ziggy01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    their used to be a gun store in Ellis plaza years ago. Steve Ellis (IIRC) and a brother or two were the ones who owned it. I wouldn't be surprised if they were opening a new one.

Top Guns was there before. The second I saw that add for a new shop in Ellis plaza Steve's name came to mind. I bought my first handgun (G22) from him years ago.

USMCsergeant

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2011
    Vincennes
    My brother lives in TH and he went in there and asked if it was true. The guy he talked to said that he hadn't heard anything like that. My brother goes in there at least once a week and said he would keep me posted though. If I hear anything I will post. Hope not though.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Very true Want2ShootMore, but it was one of the only places around that had some variety, and the ability to go and get a feel for it before ordering it. I know I'm not the only one that would go there to handle a gun and see if I liked it, then go to my normal dealer and order from them.

I don't like going there anymore even to handle guns... I find them quite often to be rude to me, and snobby if they caught wind I'm just there to handle the guns.

Top Bottom