• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Gander Mountain will have sales every so often and certain items will be at decent price. I have not been in a GM in a few years but from my experience even the sales only brought the price down to decent, I never saw an actual deal on firearms at GM.
    Gander Mountain used to be pretty competitive on pricing, but not too much anymore. I have bought firearms from them, but only when they have one of their sales going on. For instance, I picked up my PT-709 for 299.00 NIB there, but would not pay their normal retail for that gun.:n00b:

Frontier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    If asked or offered the opportunity in any way, I would have said something. But I would not have stuck my nose in. Im not sure what kind of person buys from Gander Mountain instead of a LGS. Maybe they just dont know the difference or maybe they have money to burn.

Not to mention there are way too many of 'that guy', you've seen him at gun shows, at the range, at the shop, the guy whose purpose on Earth is to share his immense knowledge of firearms with anyone blessed enough to be in earshot.

Also will be heard saying: "oh you need a gun for home protection? The sound of a shotgun racking will be enough to make every burglar jump out the nearest window"

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    I go to Gander now and then, to grab ammo and to see what used guns are on the rack. I also watch their Sunday ads. Just recently they had a Marlin 795 for $119. I didn't think that was too awful. I certainly no longer buy firearms from them anymore.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    They can put it between the dollar beef jerky and the free candy.
    Kinda even things out. :):

FREE CANDY! Now yer talkin my language. I love FREE CANDY! I should weigh 300# from all the candy I eat but luckily I'm a svelte 170#. :D I need to visit yer shop sometime, if I knew where it was. :dunno:

All this GM bashing. Everybody knows they have higher prices and don't give much on trades so why do these threads pop up weekly? Sorta like going to Fresh Market and then complaining that you paid to much for milk. :twocents:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Wow! All this time I thought you were a small Mom & Pop Shop. Pretty nice lookin shop!

It looks small from the outside, but everybody who comes in is surprised at the space and how much we keep stocked, especially in the reloading aisle.
    People in the Ft.Wayne area have no reason to bemoan the lack of nearby equipment or components. ;)

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    It looks small from the outside, but everybody who comes in is surprised at the space and how much we keep stocked, especially in the reloading aisle.
    People in the Ft.Wayne area have no reason to bemoan the lack of nearby equipment or components. ;)

Well I'm not near there but if I ever get up that way I'll drop in for some candy. :D Oh, might look at some guns too. ;)

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    As people have mentioned, their firearm prices pretty much blow (with the odd exception here and there). In general, their ammunition prices suck too... with the exception of CCI mini-mags.

For some reason virtually every ammo vendor at the 1500 and most of the LGS (including Plainfield and Bradis) seem to think that CCI mini-mags should be $10 a box of 100. Gander was selling 1600 rounds in a nice plastic .30 cal ammo can for about $7.50 a box. Walmart can come in a bit cheaper (about $7 a box), but A) they are often out of stock and B) they have some sort of stupid 6 box limit at the one near me, to prevent people like me coming in and cleaning out their entire supply.

But really, other than that, GM prices aren't very good. On the other hand, the GM in Castleton houses apparently one of the last remaining gun smiths in the Indy area. That guy will work on really pretty obscure and old guns too. He fixed my Webley Mk VI that I had been trying to get fixed for years (I had been turned away by literally half a dozen gunsmiths in 4 cities across two states previously).

Willob

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    I have found a couple of good buys in the used section back when they actually had a few used guns. I also got a good deal on a new Ruger #1, .204 that had a very small ding on the bottom of the forend. I think I bought the gun for $550.

mm5de88

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Clinton In
    GM is a joke a buddy of mine went in to look at a browning rifle that he wanted went back 2 days later and they had raised the price 250 bucks. I don't buy off of them i go in and look at a gun i want then go buy it somewhere else cheaper.

willr28

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2012
    gander mountain

Have had the same experience as you did. Very over priced, and the "help" was rude. Treated me like I had just fallen off a pumpkin truck.

Top Bottom