• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Gander Mountain? Well let's see, I took a like new Browning BT-99 trapgun in and they offered me 300.00?? For a gun they sell for 1200.00. Once in awhile they are okay but not lately. I figured since they sold their used guns ridiculously high maybe they pay more than other shops but not so. It's their perogative to buy low and sell high but mine to not sell there. It takes longer but find a private seller who will pay closer to what you want. The only local shops that I have sold to and felt like I did okay was PSS and Elmores.

marshallartist

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Brownsburg
    It's been a few years but when I traded with them they gave a fair price on the trade. Unfortunately since then their prices on the guns they are selling have have gone from outrageous to near-criminal.

ISP 5353

Master
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Putnam County
    I spoke to them one time and it was an absolute joke. They offered about 10% of the guns value and were very rude when I refused. Sold the gun outright for a fair price. Just my experience!

kjf48197

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 28, 2012
    Indy south side
    I would not trade there, but if you can find a gun they carry for a cheaper price they will price match. I just did that for a BT99 and even got a modified choke for free. I just printed the pic and price and took it with me. It was no problem.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Anderson
    I like to go and look at stuff, but I've had a few run-in's with them regarding price, so buyer beware. My birthday was not long ago, and my parents bought me a rifle sling from GM, but it wasn't the one I wanted. I went to the store to return the sling and I looked at the receipt and saw they paid $50 for one S&W M&P 9mm magazine (another birthday gift). When I got home, I told my folks to return it and buy from 44mag.com. For $5 more, they could get me 2 magazines, including shipping.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Sold them 2 rifles a few years ago. They hosed me on the deal but I was in Illinois then and didn't want to go through the hassle of a private sale in the peoples republik.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Hose monsters to the max. I go there to look and get out of the house on a rainy day.
    Then, after looking, leave with nothing and make sure I say "bye" on my way to a real gun store.

Bollorollo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indiana
    I used to go there a lot and at one time they had pretty good prices, a large inventory, and great customer service. But now they are way over price not as helpfull as they were a few years back and don't give much for guns you try to sell to them. I won't go back there anymore plus I was yelled at by an employee before because I told someone looking at a S&W MP 40 cal that he could get one for 90 dollars less At Plainfield Guns. hahaha the guy behind the counter was PIST OFF lol but the customer was very happy to hear he could save a lot more on a gun he wanted to buy.

Quad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I used to go there a lot and at one time they had pretty good prices, a large inventory, and great customer service. But now they are way over price not as helpfull as they were a few years back and don't give much for guns you try to sell to them. I won't go back there anymore plus I was yelled at by an employee before because I told someone looking at a S&W MP 40 cal that he could get one for 90 dollars less At Plainfield Guns. hahaha the guy behind the counter was PIST OFF lol but the customer was very happy to hear he could save a lot more on a gun he wanted to buy.
    +1 for educating the uneducated. Gander preys upon those types!

WOLFEMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    LAFAYETTE
    If G.M. keeps it up, they will price them selves right out of business!

On second thought, Don's has been doing that for years..:dunno:

:ingo::patriot:

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    When I was selling my Colt AR-15 HBAR Sporter II, I asked GM what they'd give me for it (out of curiosity). The guy looked it up and told me, "$300". I know the AR market is a bit soft, but really? Anyway, I obviously did not sell them my Colt.

I have bought a few used guns there though and come out pretty well. I bought an old Sears Roebuck Ranger 12 gauge semi-auto (still not sure what it is exactly, but I think its either a Savage or Stevens contract gun, looks like a copy of a Browning autoloader) for like $80 and it still works like a champ (they even gave me a 1 year warranty on it). I was also in there one day, considering buying a second barrel for Benelli Nova Tactical (to turn it into a skeet gun). After they told me the barrel would be $400, I found a used Nova Field with a 26" barrel and a full set of chokes for like $180. So I bought that as well (with 1 year warranty)

So randomly, they have good deals on used guns. But their new gun prices, ammo, and accessories are normally pretty overpriced.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Just a thought. If you do not mind the effort. Selling on Gunbroker.com has worked well for me. I find that trading anywhere, they want to hose you, which they are in it for a profit I get that. By selling on GB you set your price then take your cash and buy what you want. GB's commission is relatively low as well. Again just a thought.:)

Walt_Jabsco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Indianapolis
    When I started working for the Indianapolis Gander Mountain in 2010, they were buying used guns at 70% of what they would sell them for, and selling price was based on blue book value and some adjustment based on market. It was more than basically any other gun store offered and Gander did a fairly brisk used gun sale.

The offering price went down steadily while I was working there and by the time I left about a year later, they were down to 50% value. Consequently, they basically no longer sell used guns at all, because that's just short of robbery.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    One gun told me all I needed to know. I dropped in once and saw a Hi Power that looked like it had been through a nuclear holocaust and they still wanted 7 bills for it.

Top Bottom