• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bar68

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 6, 2011
    Auburn
    Does anyone have any experience with Fusion Firearms? Looks like, from their website, that they offer forged 1911's made in New York.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    I used to have a fusion 1911. Beautiful gun. Shot very well, perfect fit and finish, totally happy with it. I would put it up against any 1911 I've ever owned or handled, and that includes browns, nighthawks, bases, etc. Another ingo member has it now, but I won't name names.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I have never dealt with the company, but I can second what iChokePeople says about the beauty of their guns. I ran across a used one at the local gun store a while back, unfortunately he had it priced more like a new nighthawk. I know I spend a few hours a month drooling over some of the products that they have on their website.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I have 3 that I put together from there kits. I can't imagine spending an extra $1000.00 for Les Baer.

Fusion make real nice 1911's

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    If your going to spend that type of money, I would be LES BAER

Baer makes a great gun. I chose the fusion over several baers. I think Baer is every bit as tight and accurate, but IMHO Baer doesn't make very sexy guns. Fusions are top quality and insanely sexy, and you can design it yourself and have a truly unique gun. Not unusual, unique.

I will have another fusion. I enjoy the design process. I'll have bob build me a long slide, probably in 10mm, probably slab sides, all black, and so sexy that my other guns will cry.

barrelmaker_2002

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Rochester, MN
    If your going to spend that type of money, It would be LES BAER

No. A properly maintained gun that costs Les Baer $ should not break very often, if at all. My friend's Les Baer has broken 6 times in 16,000 rounds. SIX.

THR - View Single Post - Les Baer Premier II - 10,000 round report

Plus, they blew their lead time estimate by several months and their customer service has been fair at best. For example - a strongly worded letter was sent along with the gun the last time it went back to Baer and they did not respond let alone apologize.

Regardless, I will pass on products made by Les Baer.

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    Never even knew about them, but I hit up their website and I like the concepts. They ARE really quite shmexy. Wouldn't mind building a kit myself, when I get the fundage.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    I've used some of their parts and what I had was high quality and reasonably priced. But they do cost as much as a Nighthawk or Wilson Combat and don't have the rep. Probably as good functionally but if you decide to sell might bring 2/3 the price of better known custom manufacturer.

barrelmaker_2002

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Rochester, MN
    But they do cost as much as a Nighthawk or Wilson Combat....

The cheapest pistol Wilson makes has an MSRP of like $2200. For Knighthawk, their cheapest pistol has an MSRP of $2500. Fusuon guns start at about $1300 and their average gun is likely under 2 grand.

...and don't have the rep.

Bob Serva does not have the rep...really?

ultraspec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    There has been a couple threads on glocktalk under the 1911 subsection and some of the stories I read about fusion would make me think twice about getting one. Thats just from what Ive read about them. Check around maybe I guess?

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Any maker will have some dissatisfied customers. From my experience, bob is super easy to reach, personally, and I have zero doubt that he would do anything reasonable to make you happy. Some people are not reasonable. I personally did not find one single thing to complain about on mine. Nothing.

Last edited:

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Fusion frame with 80 series GCNM slide...got the frame used from a guy 2 years ago....have ran close to 5k threw it....low power target loads to +P loads it has held up very well.....after i get my Caspian rail done i'll build a complete Fusion...

beh6cm.jpg

Top Bottom