• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trophy hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    southern indiana
    Yea, I do have to say, walking past the entrance of the Flower and Patio show with my BDE in its new holster and my AR slung over my shoulder was quite a sight!! I watched a young mother with her two kids look at me then grab her kids and was almost running across the road when she saw me walking her way! :rolleyes: I got a lot of strange looks from people. It was very funny.

What was even better though, and I can't believe I forgot about this, the Hockey Players from Grand Rapids were just getting there that evening (Sat.) and off loading their bus. I was walking by when one of the guys stopped short, just in my way so I stopped said "hey, how ya doin?" He said Good then shook my hand with a BIG grin, picked up his bag and kept walking. I'm not sure it was funny, but how it all happened felt really good for some reason. I'd like to think that maybe he was shaking my hand for walking around OCing my pistol AND my rifle, or that maybe he was a fellow gun owner from across the Country. Whatever his reason, I sure felt good about it.

maybe he just peed and didn`t wash his hands?:dunno:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    What was even better though, and I can't believe I forgot about this, the Hockey Players from Grand Rapids were just getting there that evening (Sat.) and off loading their bus. I was walking by when one of the guys stopped short, just in my way so I stopped said "hey, how ya doin?" He said Good then shook my hand with a BIG grin, picked up his bag and kept walking. I'm not sure it was funny, but how it all happened felt really good for some reason. I'd like to think that maybe he was shaking my hand for walking around OCing my pistol AND my rifle, or that maybe he was a fellow gun owner from across the Country. Whatever his reason, I sure felt good about it.

He was just being smart. Disable one of your hands and it would be much harder to use the rifle. Making you use the handgun to slaughter them all. Good call I think :rockwoot:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I can't believe no one else has commented on the guy that shot himself with a cheap P.O.S. dual barrel .410/.45 colt single shot with NO TRIGGER GUARD not even 50 feet outside the show! Scared the crap out of me at first till I turned around and saw he only shot himself. I feel bad for the guy, but who carries something like that seriously? I was really looking forward to seeing how bad the media would spin it but haven't seen anything about it.

Did the guy have reddish hair and a long goatee? If it was, I know the guy. I'm trying to confirm it was him.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    well all I have is 3rd party info. I don't see the guy any more. I was wondering if someone an saw him could give a description. I used to work with this guy.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Wouldn't calling a gun baby be like your girl telling you that your willie is cute?

:laugh: Well considering I'm not packing a .50AE DE, I think calling a 9mm DE a Baby. I call my car baby, I call my woman baby... Why not my gun? Considering that's it's official name. :dunno:

JC PAINT WORKZ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    Indianapolis
    prolly have to be that dude wearing the Squirrel hat. my buddie wants to buy one now.. great..

or could be the dude who wanted like 100 bucks for the diamond model 15 S&W grips when i can buy the same exact ones from S&W Brand new service grips for 31 bucks!!

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I can't believe this. Don't tell me I'm the only one that saw him! Ok, close your eyes and picture this... well... you know what I mean...

A very thin, very tan, Latino gentleman... I'm guessing in his 30's... with spray-painted-on blue jeans, big pointy cowboy boots, a very tight sleeveless see through white t-shirt, great big cowboy hat, the biggest two-tone gold belt buckle I've ever seen, and so many facial piercings that he appeared to have fallen face-first into a tackle box. Oh, and ne'er I forget the lovely pierced nipples that he so modestly had protruding from the aforementioned see through t-shirt.

He was kind of a mexican/red neck/cowboy/punk/emo sort of look.

Oh my gosh... that was actually the funniest thing I saw all weekend. I was trying to figure out what kind of a look he was going for. I LOVE watching people.

Saw him. I was waiting for a buddy outside the main entrance and when he walked away..... the whole group of folks standing with me just started snickering. :rolleyes:
    You didn't stop by the table!!!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I was talking about the official name.

Yea? I didn't even finish my thought in that first sentence either... That's what happens in a house where you get yelled at for standing in the wrong place... :rolleyes:

Anyway, it's OFFICIAL name is Jericho. But they started calling it the Baby DE and it just kinda stuck. Now they have the Micro Eagle. Maybe they should swap names.... Or just go back to Jericho.

They still have re-runs of Jericho. I wish they'd bring it back.... Oh crap. We thread jacked. Sheet. Sorry.

SteelersFan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Muncie
    I can't believe this. Don't tell me I'm the only one that saw him! Ok, close your eyes and picture this... well... you know what I mean...

A very thin, very tan, Latino gentleman... I'm guessing in his 30's... with spray-painted-on blue jeans, big pointy cowboy boots, a very tight sleeveless see through white t-shirt, great big cowboy hat, the biggest two-tone gold belt buckle I've ever seen, and so many facial piercings that he appeared to have fallen face-first into a tackle box. Oh, and ne'er I forget the lovely pierced nipples that he so modestly had protruding from the aforementioned see through t-shirt.

He was kind of a mexican/red neck/cowboy/punk/emo sort of look.

Oh, yeah! Some great people watchin at the Indy State Fairgrounds!!! :popcorn:

Saw him on Sunday and hoped it wasn't anybody from the board.

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    well....this is funny to me in a dark way kinda.

While I stood in line on Friday waiting for the doors to open and chatted with the folks around me...2 or 3 of the guys were from Illinois and were complaining about their States gun laws etc.

We were sympathetic to their cause and listened to their woes. Then they whipped out their FOID cards, and I kinda chuckled and immediately apologised. No disrespect meant, but damn I'm proud to be from and in Indiana.

God bless INGO and all its members and future members! :D

:yesway: :patriot:

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    It wasn't at this 1500 but, at the 1500 just before the election I saw a very attractive young lady decked out in Obama gear, walking around passing out liberal propaganda, and people were taking it.

Last edited:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    It wasn't at this 1500 but, at the 1500 just before the election I saw a very attractive young lady decked out in Obama gear, walking around passing out liberal propaganda, and people were taking it.

It always seems to me that people handing out flyers should be saying "Here, you throw this out for me."

Top Bottom