• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    That would be Neil Smith from Ohio. Very big, high dollar gun collector/smith who use to have the triple minigun setup at Knob Creek years ago. Those 10 foot guns bring up to $70k for one he sold at Louisville. Yep, and it left with someone (sold) about a year and a half ago when he was set up next to me there. Neil also makes the Gatling Gun replicas. All the way up to 40mm.

NICE

blainepoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 25, 2008
    Hamiltonian
    The guy set up across from me was selling meteorites and an old musket that was about 10 feet long. He had 2 original Colt M16s that had never been fired or even had the cosmoline removed from them for 40K!

I saw that stuff...he also had an artillery piece he was selling (pictures on his table) for $125k!! There was a dummy round from it sitting on his table.

Funniest thing I saw was a sign outside of the building next to a side door that said loading/unloading zone....then I was like oh wait :ugh:...(I had already unloaded BTW).

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Yup, glad I wasn't shopping for guns. Guess that's why they say Bradis is where you go after the gun show.

One of my buddies said there was a guy walking behind us, sh*t-talking Bradis about our price on something-or-other. His wife kept telling him to shut up... he finally got all pissed and asked why, she pointed at me (I was wearing a bright red Winchester racing jacket with "Bradis Guns" on the back). He mumbled something to himself and stopped to let us get farther ahead of him. Meanwhile, I was busy talking to my other buddy and was oblivious to the whole thing. Not that I would've cared, but I could've acted all offended or something had I known. :):

bigg cheese

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    I wanted to like it... I really did. And I hope it wasn't one of you here :rolleyes:.

Some large man in a hawaiian shirt, upon my request for a standard leather shoulder holster, tried to sell me a complete synthetic "undershirt" with a small patch under the arm for a gun to sit.

Quite a sales pitch as well, except that I hated the product...

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    Funniest thing would have been me trying to walk the mile to my car while doing a 40lb curl in each arm with the lead weights I bought. That sucked, but was probably funny to watch.

Oh, and then there was that dinky hat I had on...

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    The thing that amuses me is the disparity in prices, and how the higher priced stuff seems to sell just as well. I wanted to tell people that "hey, you can get that for $100 cheaper at that table over there," but, in the end, if you're not willing to put out the effort and time, why should you get the benefit of mine for free? I guess like a boys and girls, there's a match out there for everyone.

amboran

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2008
    Brownstown,IN
    seriously-who is paying these high prices? Have these people never comparison shopped on anything? A little more $$s for convenience may be warranted,but my goodness,some people are just so dumb with money(maybe just lazy). And I think D*$k's is too high for ammo.................:dunno:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    seriously-who is paying these high prices? Have these people never comparison shopped on anything? A little more $ for convenience may be warranted,but my goodness,some people are just so dumb with money(maybe just lazy). And I think D*'s is too high for ammo.................:dunno:

I paid, well, after all was said and done, about $600 on my upper. That includes the rear sight, 4-rail forend, and BCG. Another $70 for the Red Dot. The BCG and Red Dot were the only things NOT bought at a gun show. Prices were a bit high, but worth every penny to have the parts in hand walking out the door than waiting 6 months on back order while you hope and pray another AWB doesn't come slipping through the cracks in Congress. :dunno:

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    The illegal AOW (AK pistol w/ VFG) under glass up at the front in the main room.

One of my buddies said he saw a guy with no legs in a motorized wheelchair, with a gold-plated SIG riding in the basket on the front. Not necessarily funny, but registers on the :n00b: scale.

The basket is a bench rest. i would not mess with him. I'll take my chances on the guy with the gold teeth first

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    The dealer who kept leaving his table for 20 minutes at a go and then was surprised when some guy took off with a Kimber from the table. Did I mention that his guns weren't even in a case?

I was at the next table down from him (at the table with all the reloading gear by the door) when he noticed it. I had seen him earlier at another table and he was grating on me then. He was pretty shrill when he first noticed it. He kept saying "UNBELIEVABLE"!!!!. With the way his tables were set up, it was no wonder. He had them sitting on plastic hard pistol cases with huge wood display racks between the guns and the area where him and his help would stand. I didn't stick around as I didn't want to be in the middle of that mess. I went back by again later and that stuff was moved.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    takes big stones to jack a gun at a gun show

Yeah, I was talking with my wife about that...
    Just imagine being in the 1500, no matter how unnoticed you may think you are, there has to be at least 1 other person that is looking at you at all times.
    Couldn't see how anyone would take that risk. :twocents:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Most people had them locked to a steel cable or something. Why would you leave your pistols unsecured in a crowd of thousands? There were SOOOOO many tables that could have had stuff stolen and no one would have noticed. Not like the guys at the door to leave would have stopped anyone with stolen goods anyway. Unless they were being chased. I had my AR Slung over my shoulder and they asked me "Got any guns leaving?" I said "Nope." and walked out the door. It's like, uh, DUH!

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    The dealer who kept leaving his table for 20 minutes at a go and then was surprised when some guy took off with a Kimber from the table. Did I mention that his guns weren't even in a case?

Damn! There was a table giving away free Kimber samples and I missed it?

I usually feel like I'm scoring big when I get the little pepper steak samples at Sam's Club.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Not like the guys at the door to leave would have stopped anyone with stolen goods anyway. Unless they were being chased. I had my AR Slung over my shoulder and they asked me "Got any guns leaving?" I said "Nope." and walked out the door. It's like, uh, DUH!

Guns brought in are usually tied with a different color zip-tie than guns vendors will be selling. Guns that have been sold by a vendor are supposed to have a sticker attached to show that it was purchased. Obviously, that wouldn't stop someone from grabbing the Kimber and sticking it in a coat pocket, which is probably exactly what he did. The guy at the door probably saw the zip-tie color on your gun and realized it was yours (or at least, not a vendor's).

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Guns brought in are usually tied with a different color zip-tie than guns vendors will be selling. Guns that have been sold by a vendor are supposed to have a sticker attached to show that it was purchased. Obviously, that wouldn't stop someone from grabbing the Kimber and sticking it in a coat pocket, which is probably exactly what he did. The guy at the door probably saw the zip-tie color on your gun and realized it was yours (or at least, not a vendor's).

Yea, but he had to of seen my Baby Eagle in it's new holster without a zip tie in it... Just FYI, the zip tie was in the bag I had.

Top Bottom