• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jay2981

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    With the weather being so good my brother and I head out to a friends range. I decided to bring the ar, Ak, and mosin. He later informs me one of his friends is coming as well. About an hour in he arrives and begins unloading his joys when I see it. Look a second time to be sure and it is a cobray m/11 in 9mm. This was my first time to shoot full auto and a gun I've been wanting for years. I just gotta say I love the willingness in this community to share guns, ammo, and a helping hand. Now I'm off to convince him that he needs me to buy it from him.:rockwoot:

Kenny87ky

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2011
    Louisville, KY
    I would start looking for them now if you really want one, dealers are trying to jack up the prices on them, even the fair ones, Ruben had 2 for 4K, they sold, and also has 2 Mac 10s for almost 4.5K(also some for 3K oddly) and a NIB for 5K. This is Mac exclusive right now and most other prices on other guns are still staying put so you have to ask yourself once you have that 4-5K saved up, do you still want a MAC, or should you just go for an Uzi instead since you are almost there.

the little 380 ones are most plentiful and still holding at 3K but trying to find a Mac 11/9 for the price a mac should be is going to almost require waiting for individuals letting theirs go.

I think the dealers are scheming up something, all normal people are buying macs cause there cheap so dealers jack up mac prices, people go"hmm I will just buy a real sub gun instead at that price", they go buy the other guns, thus getting prices to move up on the other guns, and these expensive guns get even more expensive. Can't get supply and demand to work fast enough for you just make it up yourself.

Of course don't tell him any of this, and make him an offer similar to what he may have paid for it, if your lucky he may not be in the loop to current pricing schemes.

My guess though is that he won't think about getting rid of it.

Last edited:

jay2981

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Yeah I've been watching the prices on these for a while now. If he really is considering selling this one (which he seemed to hint) I may have to jump all over it.

Kenny87ky

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2011
    Louisville, KY
    do you want a lage upper? lage makes a upper for the 380 that not only gives it the "lage look" but converts it to 9mm, the 380 version also uses m11/9 magazines with a feedlip upgrage also available from lage.

So when its all done it will be a laged out m11, only slightly smaller. With that said look at the prices of 380 macs and if he want more than that for his m11/9 skip and go for the little guy. Unless you want stock, then I think the M10s are better for that, but thats just my personal preference. I would jump on a M11/9 at around 3K or under.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    Good luck on finding one! I got a great deal on mine from subguns.com about 4 or 5 months ago. Keep a close on watch on the classifieds, the M11/9's dont stay for sale for very long. Most of them are sold in the first day or so, so you gotta be quick on the trigger (pun not intended).

Unfortunately I still have probably 4-5 months left for my stamp.

jay2981

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    You guys are on it! I've just gotta find out how serious he is in selling and price.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    This is a great price too if it includes the suppressor. Sounds like it does and its already got the Lage goodness. And to top it all off, its in IN, so no dealer transfer fee.

NFA Firearms Ads

Edit: Well, maybe not a GREAT price, but I wouldnt consider it unreasonable. If my paperwork wasnt already in the works Id probably be hitting this one up.

Last edited:

Kenny87ky

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2011
    Louisville, KY
    Why would someone do that to a transferable? I know you said it could be fixed but what would it involve? I was scared just picking up my lower reciever at the dealers when I was getting my paperwork. Theres no way I could get the courage to coat it.

I meant like sandblasted and refinished. Macs are just a big lump of metal so its not like they get points for sexiness or original finishing, most people buy them for a cheap bullet hose, NIB or Used is generally the only way to differentiate value unless its really beat up.

O'Shark

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Ladoga, IN
    With the weather being so good my brother and I head out to a friends range. I decided to bring the ar, Ak, and mosin. He later informs me one of his friends is coming as well. About an hour in he arrives and begins unloading his joys when I see it. Look a second time to be sure and it is a cobray m/11 in 9mm. This was my first time to shoot full auto and a gun I've been wanting for years. I just gotta say I love the willingness in this community to share guns, ammo, and a helping hand. Now I'm off to convince him that he needs me to buy it from him.:rockwoot:

Was that out west of Jamestown by chance? I was outside grilling on Saturday afternoon and someone was having entirely too much FA fun north of me :ar15:. It sounded awesome :cool:

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    Was that out west of Jamestown by chance? I was outside grilling on Saturday afternoon and someone was having entirely too much FA fun north of me :ar15:. It sounded awesome :cool:

Entirely TOO MUCH fun? I dont think TOO MUCH fun is possible with a FA.

I cant wait to let my neighbors hear how much fun im having with my M11. Then let them not hear it once I suppress it.

Kenny87ky

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2011
    Louisville, KY
    I cant wait to let my neighbors hear how much fun im having with my M11. Then let them not hear it once I suppress it.

getting ahead of yourself aren't you? unless he already said you can have it.

If you do get a m11/9 make sure to get a lage 22 kit though, that is one advantage the m11/9 has over all other macs.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    getting ahead of yourself aren't you? unless he already said you can have it.

If you do get a m11/9 make sure to get a lage 22 kit though, that is one advantage the m11/9 has over all other macs.

I already have mine. Well.. sort of, its paid for, just at the dealers waiting on my stamp. And im already on the list for my m11/22 kit from lage.

Kenny87ky

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2011
    Louisville, KY
    I already have mine. Well.. sort of, its paid for, just at the dealers waiting on my stamp. And im already on the list for my m11/22 kit from lage.

my bad, thought you were the OP for some reason, memory is not to sharp today.

Docjon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2012
    Shooting full auto is always a good experience. Can't help but put a smile on the face. But gets kinda expensive anymore.

Top Bottom