• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rushca01

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Poking around the interent and found this little gem.

Man I wish I had about 16,000 dollars to blow on a FA lower....:rockwoot::ar15:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH6FrfDFwgs&feature=related"]YouTube - PWS 2008 Demo Video[/ame]

ETA: Their comps seem to work pretty well too ;)

sp3worker

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I love the one handed gangsta firing with the Beta mag, those comps really do work. Hopefully in a month or so I'll be doing the same! :rockwoot:

chuckp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Central IN
    Shooting steel with a 223 at that close range is flat out stupid. I have seen ricochets come back with unpleasing results off of steel at close range like that.

Chuck

chuckp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Central IN
    how close are they?? were you there when they made the video??

Don't need to know exactly. But after taking a ricochet to the head myself and having a truck window break behind me at about 50 yards that seemed a bit close in the video. If that video of shooting steel is less than 50 yards well then I guess I should have been there to get a better judge of distance.

Hope that answers your question!

Chuck

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Shooting steel with a 223 at that close range is flat out stupid. I have seen ricochets come back with unpleasing results off of steel at close range like that.

Chuck
    :scratch:
    .223 explosively fragments in soft tissue, are you saying that it holds together and ricochets when it hits hart steel?

I've never seen .223 ricochet back from a target and I shoot steel all the time with it. It splatters straight out radially from the face of the target. Maybe AP ammo on some hard plate would ricochet, but I doubt it.

:twocents:

chuckp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Central IN
    :scratch:
    .223 explosively fragments in soft tissue, are you saying that it holds together and ricochets when it hits hart steel?

I've never seen .223 ricochet back from a target and I shoot steel all the time with it. It splatters straight out radially from the face of the target. Maybe AP ammo on some hard plate would ricochet, but I doubt it.

:twocents:

Those fragments have to go somewhere. Ever watch tracers. How about shooting tracers at steel at close range and see what happens.

Chuck

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    There is rifle steel that is made on such an angle that all the splatter goes downward and can be shot a closer ranges. :twocents:

chuckp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Central IN
    I understand that, and every time I've ever seen it, it splatters radially (in the plane of the plate) from the point of impact.

Well after what happened to me and what I have seen from rifle rounds and pistol rounds at close steel targets I have to disagree somewhat. Some do and some don't. I prefer to not have to have one find me again that decides to bounce instead of splatter.

Chuck

Last edited:
    Top Bottom