• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    When I was 14 I had a watch with a radium dial. It was so hot that in science class we placed the watch on top of a film cartridge over night. in the morning the teacher sent it out to be developed. It had produced a watch print through the foil wrapper. Radium was very common then, in clocks and gauges and various items.

If that aint bad enough, when I was 16 I saw signs all over the four corners Indian reservation saying to never lay your camera down. the dirt in some places was so hot that not only it would expose your film but the camera would absorb it and fog your film for a year later.

Your smoke detector over your head is red smoking hot too, as are those red clay plant pots from mexico!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    When I was 14 I had a watch with a radium dial. It was so hot that in science class we placed the watch on top of a film cartridge over night. in the morning the teacher sent it out to be developed. It had produced a watch print through the foil wrapper. Radium was very common then, in clocks and gauges and various items.

If that aint bad enough, when I was 16 I saw signs all over the four corners Indian reservation saying to never lay your camera down. the dirt in some places was so hot that not only it would expose your film but the camera would absorb it and fog your film for a year later.

Your smoke detector over your head is red smoking hot too, as are those red clay plant pots from mexico!

:runaway:

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Wait, how do we know this is Fukushima radiation? Do they make it show a passport to enter our water? If it was smart, it would just sneak across the mexican border.

Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND
    So.... We get to choose who we believe?

People get to believe whatever they want, but the actual results are clear of bias.

It is a good thing and testament to the robustness of nuclear reactor design that we don't have strong measurements of the results of exposures like this. There are some on the extreme ends, like 3 mile island and SL-1, but the scale and complexity of Fukushima and the access to study it was new.

Top Bottom