• ...and so much more!
  • clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    Has anyone but me gone to a FTF meeting and changed your mind about selling to the person you met?

I have because of their demeanor or actions. Anyone else?

PhilMcCrackin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2009
    I have once he was a young guy and had that whole wanna be gangster look going, from the car he drove to the clothes he wore, then after we started talking I realized what an *** I was he was one of the nicest most polite intelligent young men I ever met.

It made me realize as I aged I started to treat the younger generation as I had been treated. Really opened my eyes that day.

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    Then you did not change your mind, you sold to him? I am talking about not selling. I have twice. Both times was when someone would not or could not prove who they was and gave me attitude because I questioned them. I require at least a drivers license.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I did, once. After meeting the young man (who was not otherwise ineligible from owning a firearm), I decided to walk away. Too many things about the meeting were alarming. Fortunately, his circumstances changed dramatically when he took control of his life and I would no longer have any reservations about dealing with him.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I have NOT backed out of a deal, but have not been given a good reason to.
    I would NOT hesitate to back out though, if I felt the need to!
    Some people are hard to read, but I've dealt with the public most all my life in a professional capacity.
    If someone trips that alarm, THAT'S IT! I'M DONE!
    Other people's feelings are NOT worth risking my liberties for!
    Not in this instance anyway.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I have NOT backed out of a deal, but have not been given a good reason to.
    I would NOT hesitate to back out though, if I felt the need to!
    Some people are hard to read, but I've dealt with the public most all my life in a professional capacity.
    If someone trips that alarm, THAT'S IT! I'M DONE!
    Other people's feelings are NOT worth risking my liberties for!
    Not in this instance anyway.

same for me

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have once he was a young guy and had that whole wanna be gangster look going, from the car he drove to the clothes he wore, then after we started talking I realized what an *** I was he was one of the nicest most polite intelligent young men I ever met.

It made me realize as I aged I started to treat the younger generation as I had been treated. Really opened my eyes that day.

A lot of last election's voters thought the smooth talker was nice, too. :dunno:

concrete dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Goshen
    cant say that i have ever had this problem.and everyone that i have done business on here with has been an upstanding person.

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    Never had an issue myself. If anything Im more likely to be judged than the person im meeting. Im very non-conformist. But I stray far and wide from the ghetto gangster wanna be thug kinda people.

tcshooter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I ALWAYS make a FFL transfer if there is a paper trail to me with the weapon...period.

As far as selling (or buying) to people I meet in here and a couple other sites I frequent I have had no issues. Most have either brought along or offered a bill of sale and most have asked if I wanted to see their driver's license or carry permit.

Many have not, but when you walk up to a guy and there is no nervous twitch and he isn't looking over his shoulder every ten seconds you feel somewhat comfy with him to begin with.

holejack1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2009
    South West Indiana
    +1 for doing the right thing. I would not sell to anyone who I had any reason to think wasn't living right. In fact, I refused sale once to guy that was otherwise a friend, because I didn't think he was up for the responsibility of gun owership.

rockydog

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Lake Wawasee Northern IN
    I haven't ever had to refuse to sell but i did buy one back from a guy who was a good guy when i sold it to him, but a year or so later, his wife and him became crack heads. I bought it back before it went down the road for a rock, or sold to the first person who had enough cash for a rock. I didn't really want to spend the money at that time but I didn't want to see it dissapear into the dark underbelly of society. :):

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    I recently backed out of a FTF because the guy wanted my DL# and LTCH # but did not want to give up the same on the bill of sale. He just had a sigature line for himself. I pointed out some mnior issues and said I'd get back to him and thatI'd like a copy for myself with all his info as well. Just didn't feel right

duboismd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Indy
    Never have backed out on a deal yet on INGO but would if I felt it was needed. Have backed out of "conversations" if it felt off...

Whiskey Lake

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Indy Area
    I dont mind offering information if someone is willing to offer theirs back...Got to give to get, I say. But if the situation looks shady, I would quickly walk away. I had a guy email me trying to sell me a gun...turns out that it was a gun that had been stolen from my cousin. The police never did get the guy, though...I even gave them the emails and address.

Top Bottom