Friday Night Steel -- March 13th (Friday the 13th)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Hey thats not nice:laugh:

It has been said and is very likely true. There are two kinds of competitive shooters; those who have been DQ'ed and those that will be.

Try like hell to avoid it and learn from it when it happpens.

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    It has been said and is very likely true. There are two kinds of competitive shooters; those who have been DQ'ed and those that will be.

Try like hell to avoid it and learn from it when it happpens.

I have both times, I'm just sad at how many ways I have found to DQ so far.:rolleyes::D

DemolitionMan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Avon, IN
    Sorry I didn't see this thread before the event. I was in the group that started on Stage 3, firing my Kimber TLE II and Mossberg 590A1.

I won shotgun! :rockwoot:

..... well, ok, so I was the only one shooting shotgun, but I'm not going to let that get in my way!

This was the first time shooting the Mossberg (just got it last week) and I learned a few things.

1) 75+ rounds of 12GA hurts both your wallet and your shoulder

2) If I'm in trouble, I should grab the SG instead of the pistol. I generally was faster at each stage execpt #1.

3) Speaking of Stage #1...that was really evil. Turning around, loading the SG, and then firing? A one-legged man with a rock could have killed me by the time I was ready to shoot! OTH, I got pretty quick at shoving shells in the magazine tube by the end.

4) Next time if I shoot both, I'm shooting pistol first! My pistol scores, especially on the first couple stages, were dismal.

5) SG's are not designed to be fired braced on your arm. I tried that in order to shoot left handed around the barrier on Stage 4....ow. My boys think the very colorful new bruise on my bicep is cool though.

Ah well, shooting stuff is fun. Looking forward to next time, though I may leave the big dog at home.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Zoub.... oh Zoub... Where are you at buddy?
    Technical difficulties and a few other things this past week, then mix in that damn gun show!! I may sit down and edit later this week but I have to prepare for a big week at work so I will be low profile for a few days starting now.

It is good to spread things out, consume in moderation. First priority is to get clip to Shooter of Shooter Jr.

As for shotguns, next month I will have two or three with me, plus a few friends with shotguns and plenty of invites to people, including club members tosome see or shoot shotguns at FNS SO we may need to do a shotgun intensive squad. or I may end up being alone, you never know!!

I guarantee one shotgun will be cool, not over done but cool in a functional kind of way.

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Technical difficulties and a few other things this past week, then mix in that damn gun show!! I may sit down and edit later this week but I have to prepare for a big week at work so I will be low profile for a few days starting now.

It is good to spread things out, consume in moderation. First priority is to get clip to Shooter of Shooter Jr.

As for shotguns, next month I will have two or three with me, plus a few friends with shotguns and plenty of invites to people, including club members tosome see or shoot shotguns at FNS SO we may need to do a shotgun intensive squad. or I may end up being alone, you never know!!

I guarantee one shotgun will be cool, not over done but cool in a functional kind of way.

Im down for shotgun squad next shoot!

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I am going to have to come out to one of these...i do only live 5 minutes away. I cant take my pistols yet (waiting on LTCH) but i can come to watch. How does using a shot gun work? That seems kinda easy using buckshot.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    How does using a shot gun work? That seems kinda easy using buckshot.

Not as easy as you think. ;)

Also remember, you need to be fast.

As far as the shot size, I use #7-1/2 or #8.

The club also has a rule that you must use #6 or smaller for FNS, no slugs or buck.

I think we might try an all shotgun squad next month. I am thinking only pump shottys, no autos, but if folks want to run their autos that is cool too.

Top Bottom