• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    Anybody else around here have one of these?

I have two currently. And i kind of love them. They are simply amazing machines featuring amazing craftsmanship. I thought I'd post some pictures, if you have one, you should post pics too! Sorry for the blurry phone pics.

Here's the first one, a Premier Grade 454. Picture shows my range set up from my last time out, shooting at paper, doing load development. Picture after that is a group fired with a featuring a Hornady 250gr XTP over a load of H110 fired at 25 yards. Doesn't matter if i can't do that group again, it happened so I get to post a picture! The denim is there to protect the rest. The 454 will really punish the rest, it lit the jeans on fire!
    CAM00438_zps97928b9a.jpg

CAM00442_zps87a9c77c.jpg

This is the second, a Premier Grade chambered in 500JRH. It's like a 500 S&W Magnum, Special. Take the same brass and cut it shorter, use the same bullets. It's not as powerful as the magnum, but it fits in a handy, normal sized revolver. I've only fired very mild loads, but I'm already gathering supplies to reload. Plan is to work my way up to this round's potential. Full power it'll run a 440gr bullet at 13-1400 fps. Plenty for a gun this size. I haven't shot this one much, but I plan to! And I can't wait!

The first picture shows the first four rounds out of the barrel with me doing the squeezing. Again, a very mild load, but it seems to shoot ok. 20 yards, off-hand.
    IMG_20131229_234238_zpsb76be17d.jpg

IMG_20131229_235126_zps356b654d.jpg

Any other INGOers have one of these guys sitting around?

Last edited:

voodoo304

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2011
    SW Indy
    I've never shot one, but I've been to their shop. As a kid my parents took us on a trip out west. We were lost and stumbled upon a big pole barn out in the middle of nowhere. At that time the 454 cassull was the most powerful handgun cartridge in the world. That was their slogan "home of the most powerful handgun on Earth".
    Inside were picture books of celebs who bought them as gifts and I remember seeing many photos of Clint Eastwood doing his Dirty Harry pose with their revolver.
    i was only 10 at the time and don't remember much if the trip, but that barn in the middle of nowhere will always stick with me.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    The quality on these revolvers is amazing. In big bore silhouette the tension barrel Dan Wesson was the dog to beat. Then Freedom Arms came out with their revolver set up for that game. All the sudden, the Dan Wessons were not as domanant and that big single action FA quickly became a force to deal with. They are very powerful, very accurate and very well made. They cost a lot extra, but you get what you pay for.

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    The quality on these revolvers is amazing. In big bore silhouette the tension barrel Dan Wesson was the dog to beat. Then Freedom Arms came out with their revolver set up for that game. All the sudden, the Dan Wessons were not as domanant and that big single action FA quickly became a force to deal with. They are very powerful, very accurate and very well made. They cost a lot extra, but you get what you pay for.

Hey Leo, do you have a FA, or a Dan Wesson? I happen to be a big DW fan as well, but I've never found one to come home with me!

confused89

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    IN
    You have 18 days to let me shoot it before I go north young man. I guess I will see you on the 10th for sure unless you around this weekend.

Top Bottom