• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PlinKing2392

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Avon
    Aww, he looks like he was a great friend. Don't let my squirrel adventures make you think I'm the bad guy; I'm the one that adopted the kitty this thread started on. She's making progress :) She came out of hiding on her own this evening; she's going to be fine.

Yep, I knew she would be with a fellow ingo er. It took her just about a week to exploring our place too. I'm loving the updates.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Tonight, for the first time, I saw Ptraci nose-to-nose with Muffin and no hissing! I think she's finally realizing Muffin is about as threatening as Hello Kitty. Heck, I don't think Muffin even realizes hissing means "I don't like you". She's kinda dumb that way.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Glad to hear it. If they start sleeping next to each other, then there must be something wrong with my 3. They don't stand next to each other much unless they are lined up to go outside.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    The relationships among cats are easily as complex as those among humans, just more straightforward, in other words, they don't have an inhibition against just smacking someone that gets on their wrong side. I've seen cats that basically don't like cats, that curled up with another one out of nowhere. I had one that went into a homicidal jealous rage upon seeing another curled up next to me. It took weeks getting her to stop trying to kill the other, and I mean literally kill her. Think of the term "catty". I had one that was almost an engineer; for example she liked to play with unfilled balloons, figured out which drawer they were kept in, how to open it, and how to get one out. There were more with her. I've had cats that were oblivious to social cues to the point you'd almost diagnose autism. Some are gregarious, some are loners. I've even had gay ones. They're a lot more like us emotionally even than dogs, and that goes to the variety of personalities, too.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    You obviously have a lot of insight into cats. So I will share some of the things I have noticed that differentiate us.

1. I can't/won't lick my own butt
    2. I have the option if I want fixed or not
    3. Opposable thumbs (Obvious)
    4. I don't like fish.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Yeah :) I wouldn't trade places with them, oh hell, maybe I would, but I wouldn't be without one, or two, or... Oh, they're one of the herbs and spices that make life so tasty. Just enjoy.

Top Bottom