Fox News, Joining The Liberal Fake News...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    This is extremely dangerous to our democracy.

giphy.gif

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    If those broadcasts are contemporaneous, then I don't think you can discount the existence of a single source for material and wording that they were all drawing from. If the broadcasts cover a number of days, a copy cat effect might be more likely
    I would not expect a word for word plagiarism. It looks more like something that came down from corporate.

All four major networks are shown there. Could be a concerted push back against independent news sources.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    In 5G, television will connect itself to the internet

When I have to replace my current HDTV that has no mic or camera and am forced to buy a new one I will likely have to open it up and physically de-solder the mic/camera connections and the 5g modem.

I refuse to let a spying device into my home. I won't let any of those "smart speakers" like amazon/google, or ring security cams anywhere near my home (even though we already carry them in our pockets in the form of smartphones which have software defined functions easily hacked).

It's already even worse than Mr. Orwell could imagine in 1984.

Even though my career/livelyhood depends on IT & computers, I am sorta hoping for another Carrington Event (solar mass ejection) to fry all technology into oblivion and start over.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I thought we were a Constitutional Republic. :dunno:

If you source your information from anyone but THEM it's dangerous to democracy...

[video=youtube;jjDLcvOB1og]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjDLcvOB1og&ab_channel=ScratchingTheSurfac e[/video]

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    When I have to replace my current HDTV that has no mic or camera and am forced to buy a new one I will likely have to open it up and physically de-solder the mic/camera connections and the 5g modem.

I refuse to let a spying device into my home. I won't let any of those "smart speakers" like amazon/google, or ring security cams anywhere near my home (even though we already carry them in our pockets in the form of smartphones which have software defined functions easily hacked).

It's already even worse than Mr. Orwell could imagine in 1984.

Even though my career/livelyhood depends on IT & computers, I am sorta hoping for another Carrington Event (solar mass ejection) to fry all technology into oblivion and start over.

Right there with you. I've had a Faraday pouch for my cell phone ever since they began talking about monitoring social distancing via the woefully inaccurate Bluetooth signal strength methods in order to contact trace and impose quarantines. I have the phone with me in the grocery, but it is radio isolated. I check texts before and after. Going back in for a forgotten item isn't really terribly inconvenient

The question always seems to bcome down to, am I paranoid enough

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Right there with you. I've had a Faraday pouch for my cell phone ever since they began talking about monitoring social distancing via the woefully inaccurate Bluetooth signal strength methods in order to contact trace and impose quarantines. I have the phone with me in the grocery, but it is radio isolated. I check texts before and after. Going back in for a forgotten item isn't really terribly inconvenient

The question always seems to bcome down to, am I paranoid enough

Unfortunately, even a farady cage for a cellphone is not enough as it can still record telemetry/audio inside. As soon as it is removed from that pouch and re-connects to its network it sends a burst of historical data back to the mothership.

That telemetry is so sensitive, apple/google/whoever can tell when you're in a car, walking, going up/down stairs, when and where you did it and many other items. Do. Not. Trust. any device or company.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Media bias is a myth I have been told.

Makes you wonder who is giving the media it's talking points... (we know)
    An admittedly cursory DuckDuckGo search on "Sinclair Broadcast Group" seems to indicate that it is a media conglomerate that is accused of "right wing bias".

Also, that this echo chamber denunciation of fake news was indeed a script mandated, in March of 2018, by corporate to be read on the air by each affiliate.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/sinclair-broadcast-group/

My point? Both sides have their biased outlets, and one should always have a supply of salt grains when consuming their respective products. Assuming, of course, that one can trust the source of these allegations.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    An admittedly cursory DuckDuckGo search on "Sinclair Broadcast Group" seems to indicate that it is a media conglomerate that is accused of "right wing bias".

Also, that this echo chamber denunciation of fake news was indeed a script mandated, in March of 2018, by corporate to be read on the air by each affiliate.

My point? Both sides have their biased outlets, and one should always have a supply of salt grains when consuming their respective products. Assuming, of course, that one can trust the source of these allegations.

Oh but Trunews is tru.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Oh no. One of the “fact-checking sites” said it :runaway:
    I am glad they could take time out from chasing the Babylon Bee to weigh in on this.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Oh but Trunews is tru.
    Since I don't post here much, this may may be hard to believe, but on most topics, I consider myself to be to the political right of most people around here.

As such, I believe my stances to be correct and, dare I say, morally superior to those of the liberal left. So, when I see things like this scripted message coming from "my" side, it pisses me off because a) I want to think that "we" are above such nonsense 2) this and the wacko (imo) conspiracy sites water down "our" message and D) I used to believe much of the breathless stories about evidence which will send Clinton to prison, or iron-clad proof of voter fraud which will result in Trump being victorious. And invariably, true though they might be, the stories end up being less than farts in the wind.

I really, really wish that these stories were true, that justice would always prevail, and that good always triumphs over evil. But in real life, it seems that justice and good rarely win, and the petulant 5 year-old that still lives in me still wants to stamp his foot and scream, "No fair!"

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me a thousand times, shame on me.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I used to believe much of the breathless stories about evidence which will send Clinton to prison,

And much of it was true, but the republicans lacked the balls to see it through. Your beef is not with the sources of that information it is those responsible to do something about it...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I used to believe much of the breathless stories about evidence... ...iron-clad proof of voter fraud which will result in Trump being victorious. And invariably, true though they might be, the stories end up being less than farts in the wind.

This may well end up being the case, but journalism as it used to be is dead, including Fox News. we will get the real news from sources that we may have never heard of before. Have you looked at any of the independent reviews of the vote data? It is clear the cheat is in, now can they turn things on that data, or do feelz win?

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    And much of it was true, but the republicans lacked the balls to see it through. Your beef is not with the sources of that information it is those responsible to do something about it...

^This. Far too often, the problem with the Republicans are in not carrying through with their stated policies. Hate them as much as you want, but when they have a path to do it, Democrats have far less of a problem actually following up and enacting their policies.

That tendency towards not living up to their word is why Trump had such a hard time implementing long-standing Republican policies.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    ^This. Far too often, the problem with the Republicans are in not carrying through with their stated policies. Hate them as much as you want, but when they have a path to do it, Democrats have far less of a problem actually following up and enacting their policies.

That tendency towards not living up to their word is why Trump had such a hard time implementing long-standing Republican policies.

And the freaking speaker of the house, for Gods sake, quit, and took nearly 40 others with him. They just couldn't enact the agenda they had run on and fund raised on, when the opportunity was there.

That we celebrate Cocaine Mitch running judges through is a prime example. That should be expected work, not above and beyond...

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

I question Media Bias' lack of bias, I looked at the least biased page and ABC7 Chicago is right there near the top. IF they are among the least biased news sources out there, we are truly doomed.

Weird though that a supposedly right wing group has stations for all of the major networks. I would bet that the general content of those news casts is far from right wing.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Since I don't post here much, this may may be hard to believe, but on most topics, I consider myself to be to the political right of most people around here.

As such, I believe my stances to be correct and, dare I say, morally superior to those of the liberal left. So, when I see things like this scripted message coming from "my" side, it pisses me off because a) I want to think that "we" are above such nonsense 2) this and the wacko (imo) conspiracy sites water down "our" message and D) I used to believe much of the breathless stories about evidence which will send Clinton to prison, or iron-clad proof of voter fraud which will result in Trump being victorious. And invariably, true though they might be, the stories end up being less than farts in the wind.

I really, really wish that these stories were true, that justice would always prevail, and that good always triumphs over evil. But in real life, it seems that justice and good rarely win, and the petulant 5 year-old that still lives in me still wants to stamp his foot and scream, "No fair!"

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me a thousand times, shame on me.

Well, IMO, right there's your problem

Top Bottom