• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Hey BBI - seeing you post here made me wonder, if the original target wasn't "random" but the casualties (well, at least 1 of them) wasn't the intended target, would this get counted in your other data?

It seems like this would get tricky, definitionally. Probably better to rely on complete randomness - no known connection whatsoever, even if it limits the sample size.

No. There was no resistance. My stats do not include people who did not attempt to fight back. If I did that, the average round count would be .001 or something ridiculous like that and the stats would become meaningless. That's the issue I have with the big data collection pools like UCR and Justice Dept stats. They don't cull data, and if you average different types of events, you don't get a picture of any particular type of event.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Why hasn't the alleged shooter been identified at this point? The victim argued with the shooter, so he knows who it is. No info on news outlets, which means he's probably a ....

Ahhh fuggedaboutit. The news bureaus here are busy covering sports. No time to do hard news with facts.

While not commenting on this specific case, people who are shot multiple times aren't always available for initial statements immediately after the incident. While it's a fact many victims don't cooperate, it's early to make assumptions on this one that may or may not be warranted later based on information that is publicly available.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I don't understand how this could happen, after all they have...and I quote..."we maintain a highly-trained staff that is prepared to respond to a variety of emergency situations. We take numerous proactive measures and coordinate very closely with local officials as a best practice."

insert purple as needed...

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So that's how you get 10,000 post. LOL

jvsIqgz.gif

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Simon mall is their property if they want to make it a gun free zone fine, however I would imagine that their lawyers have already placed calls downtown and tax payer financed security will be making it presence visible rather than private security financed by the mall owners.

You can get a lot farther with money and a connected law/lobby firm than you can with just money alone.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Why hasn't the alleged shooter been identified at this point? The victim argued with the shooter, so he knows who it is. No info on news outlets, which means he's probably a ....

Ahhh fuggedaboutit. The news bureaus here are busy covering sports. No time to do hard news with facts.

They need to start asking these "victims" if they're willing to identify the shooter. If (when) they say no, let 'em bleed out on the sidewalk. :dunno:

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Saw a report on Ch13 WTHR. 2 perps. One very tall and thin. The other med height and thin. Maybe they should have bought cheeseburgers and malts rather than ammo.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Such a shame for an area that was once a really nice place to be. As a kid, my aunt and uncle lived not far from there. We used to go Trick-or-Treating in their neighborhood with my cousins without a care in the world. Now, it's a place you don't want to be after dark, and even during daylight hours, it can be sketchy.

I've got mixed feelings about fleeing to the suburbs, because at one time, this WAS the suburbs. If all the good citizens leave, there will be no one left to make a stand. Then again, maybe there's not as much left in that area worth fighting for, which is why the folks who can afford to do so are leaving.
    I live out here and it sure hasn't pushed me to move.

igotdiesel2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Southport area of In
    Simon mall is their property if they want to make it a gun free zone fine, however I would imagine that their lawyers have already placed calls downtown and tax payer financed security will be making it presence visible rather than private security financed by the mall owners.

You can get a lot farther with money and a connected law/lobby firm than you can with just money alone.

Washington Square Mall is no longer a Simon run property. They sold it or let go of it or whatever about a year ago. I moved from Cumberland about 7 years ago. I haven't been to or even driven down Washington Street since. I used to go to that mall when I was a kid living in New Palestine. From where we lived out in the sticks, it was a hike getting there then. -Jason

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Word is Simon sold it to their lender.
    This guy(s) been caught yet? I'd assume one of the victims knew the perp?

igotdiesel2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Southport area of In
    While not commenting on this specific case, people who are shot multiple times aren't always available for initial statements immediately after the incident. While it's a fact many victims don't cooperate, it's early to make assumptions on this one that may or may not be warranted later based on information that is publicly available.

BBI, I have to say having you and all the LEO's on this board sure gives some insite to what really happens when something like this happens. Thank you, and the other LEO's for sharing what you can. -Jason

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    BBI, I have to say having you and all the LEO's on this board sure gives some insite to what really happens when something like this happens. Thank you, and the other LEO's for sharing what you can. -Jason

NP. This is one of those things that if it happened on a street corner at 42nd/Post it wouldn't even have made the local news. Only the setting makes it interesting to the media and to the masses. It is not an active shooter, it is not random violence, it's violence for the usual reasons that just happened to occur in a past-its-prime mall.

Top Bottom