• Status
    Not open for further replies.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Ripper, how do you know Brandon? I doubt he would recognize me we've only met a few times, but his great uncle Bob (the one who lived in TN up until a few years ago) is my grandpa. I was at his welcome home event out in Leo.

I'll happily share anything I have to shoot with anyone. Probably the coolest thing I have is an old M1, but I've also got a few other rifles and handguns that I think are pretty fun. :)

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    So like what toys will everyone be bringing?????

And hey it will be after Christmas so anyone with Christmas gifts will be able to try them out????

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    So like what toys will everyone be bringing?????

And hey it will be after Christmas so anyone with Christmas gifts will be able to try them out????

If I can make it, 2x S&W .38 Revolvers (one little one big), S&W .357 (Model 19) M1, Marlin 39a, XD-9 4 Inch, SR-22..maybe a couple of others.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    What kind of shoot is this?

I wonder too. Every Marine knows what a 50 shot NMC match is. Load on command, fire on command, unload on command. Pit duty. Scoring for the shooter on the line.

This sounds like a totally unstructured, load and shoot, whenever you feel like it, kind of a day.

Sounds kind of dangerous to me. It doesn't sound like marksmanship is a priority.

I was not invited, so I know you won't miss me.

If you want to shoot like the USMC shoots, come out to www.FWRR.US to shoot across the course.

I hope you have a nice day blasting away.

Have fun.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Sounds kind of dangerous to me. It doesn't sound like marksmanship is a priority.

Wow..suddenly forming my opinion about a certain local gun club I was interested in....Just because someone isn't standing by yelling fire every time a trigger is pulled doesn't mean it isn't safe. Roush is straight lane shooting with a full time RSO on staff that enforces a pretty strict 180 rule, and requires all firearms to be away from the shooter with the action open during target checks. Yes there are morons there from time to time but try finding a public range that doesn't have that.

FortWayneGunfighter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 13, 2012
    The desert...
    you werent invited because i couldnt tag everyone in it, also combat marksmanship tables 3,4 and 5 and 6 are not how you described call down this is a shoot to practice with your firearms and to check out how you like others and to meet some more INGO folks you dont need guns of your own nor do you need to be the best shot fun and practice shoot not competition.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    I wonder too. Every Marine knows what a 50 shot NMC match is. Load on command, fire on command, unload on command. Pit duty. Scoring for the shooter on the line.

This sounds like a totally unstructured, load and shoot, whenever you feel like it, kind of a day.

I was not invited, so I know you won't miss me.

If you want to shoot like the USMC shoots, come out to www.FWRR.US to shoot across the course.

I hope you have a nice day blasting away.

Have fun.

It isn't a qual day. It isn't even a training day. So, no, there is nobody standing behind you scoring your shots, and nobody is running pit duty keeping score, too. There isn't even a pit. And the range doesn't go out to 500 yards either.

But the range is very professional. The range will be called hot or cold from the tower, and the RSO keeps an eye out for unsafe behavior, constantly enforcing the range rules. If the rules are followed, it is not dangerous as you suggest.

It is an open invitation to people who want to shoot, meet, and eat. If it sounds fun, come join us. We won't even hold your comment against you. Or, if you'd rather shoot at the other range, you're welcome to do that, too. We'll have fun. You can have fun with us or without us. Either way, lets just all have fun. Rah?

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    this is a shoot to practice with your firearms and to check out how you like others and to meet some more INGO folks you dont need guns of your own nor do you need to be the best shot fun and practice shoot not competition.

Now thats the definition of an open shooting day.. Everyones invited & You do not even need a gun of your own.... :) :) :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom