• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JP2611

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2012
    IDK all the specifics about OC or CC but I would never try to carry on a military base and that is where the Air Show was.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    It's killing me knowing the F-22 was there yesterday and I was doing nothing. $^&# it! I can't go today, because of a family event.

How was the F-22? Also, the web site lists an F-100. Was that a Super Saber, or was it a Fokker (yawn) passenger plane? If a Super Saber, did it fly?

I haven't seen an F-100 Super Saber fly since I was a young kid, and I thought it was the coolest looking thing I'd ever seen. It was bright silver, and the swept wings look like nothing you see today.

joekoug

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    It's killing me knowing the F-22 was there yesterday and I was doing nothing. $^&# it! I can't go today, because of a family event.

How was the F-22? Also, the web site lists an F-100. Was that a Super Saber, or was it a Fokker (yawn) passenger plane? If a Super Saber, did it fly?

I haven't seen an F-100 Super Saber fly since I was a young kid, and I thought it was the coolest looking thing I'd ever seen. It was bright silver, and the swept wings look like nothing you see today.

The F100 Super Sabre is a static display - it's not flying...

backfire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    Left my EDC at home since I knew we were going to a Military Installation..

The weather was semi-hot and sticky. Then it started sprinkling...then it started raining...then the ceiling came down about 500 ft., where it was nearly impossible to see the planes for more than about 500-700 ft or so- as they soon disappeared into the clouds on ascent.

The Raptor was awesome, but as I said, since the ceiling came down so low, all we could see is fly-by's- that's it. It was LOUD!!

Whatever you do...DO NOT, I REPEAT.....DO NOT park in the North parking lot! Whomever was responsible for the logistics of getting cars in/out of there should be immediately fired on Tuesday morning....period!! It took us 1 1/2 HOURS to get out of there, where we just "sat" in the truck doing nothing...waiting. It was complete area-wide gridlock as far as the eye could see!

They only had ONE entry/exit driveway to the parking lot and when you're trying to move 50+ full size busses and 2500+ cars/trucks in/out of there at the same time- you can imagine!

Exceptionally poor planning and execution of the parking situation of the entire area and it's a damn good thing someone didn't have a medical emergency of some kind, because that person would have been royally screwed!

The airshow and displays itself was nice though, but then again- I've been to the Dayton/Wright-Pat Airshows before, where those are ten times what the Fort Wayne Show is/was.

It's too bad they're having this poor weather though, as these conditions (high temps, high humidity, rain, clouds and low visual ceiling) are just about as bad as you can order for an airshow like this...

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Ya...I had to go back...to get rid of our backpack with water and snacks. There were signs saying no bags. And after returning to my car that was parked somewhere in Egypt, when I was walking through the checkpoint I saw them letting people in with bags after inspection. That was really frustrating. I left my CC pistol at home with the show being on the airbase. I assumed that was a no go.

The south parking was not any better. It took us an hour to get out of there. We were some of the last cars out. And because the south lot was in a field with very little plant cover, it turned into a mud pit after the rain. When we walked to our car around 4:15pm, our shoes and legs were coated in mud by the time we got to our car. We dug around the car and found a walmart bag that we put all our shoes in. I was extremely happy that our car didn't get stuck in the mud. The car sank in a few times. But because I was moving when that happened, I was able to keep us from getting stuck. Funny thing is, we did more offroading with our subcompact car Saturday than our SUV ever did.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I expected the gun was a no-no so I left it in the car. They let me through with a folding knife and 5-rd speed strip (I asked about the knife since it was visible, but didn't think about the speed strip till I saw the wand).

Saw a couple of fights about break out leaving. Had the spray in-hand and the .38 between the seats while sitting in line... The traffic control sucked and the animals were getting restless...

-rvb

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    The F100 Super Sabre is a static display - it's not flying...

It flew on Sunday, and it is owned and hangered at FWA, they fly it every so often. Cool plane to watch flying. :patriot:. He hit the afterburner as he overflew Runway #32!!

Loved the P51 and the B25 flying. Over all was a really good show, especially on Sunday.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom