• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    They are here, and they are living among us...is that not a connection? It must be, because we are discussing it here. If there were no connection, no one would be upset about Spanish influence because no one would even notice it.

So is every nationality known to mankind but we are not discussing their language here...La Raza doesn't want to assimiliate...(La Raza means "The Race" in Spanish.) You know there used to be some guys in Indiana that wore white hoods that thought they were "The Race" as well.

It is called "Reconquista" and they want land back that they stole from los indios and that we won from them via the treaty of Guadalupe after the Mexican War...They sent armed men into the American Southwest at the begining of the last century and send armed men here now via the cartels...I don't know the answer as to at what point armed criminals coming illegally into a nation is considered an act of war...

I just want our immigration laws to be the same as Mexicos..Tough and unforgiving..I want us to treat Mexican criminals the way they treat an American who comes across the border with a couple of loose 22 cartridges in the floorboard of his truck...I want us to treat Mexicans the same way my buddy was treated when he had an appenicitis attack while on a cruise ship and had to be sent to a Mexican hospital,(they would not even look at him until he had wired $10,000 to them even though he showed them his insurance card.) All I am asking for is a little fairness...

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    So is every nationality known to mankind but we are not discussing their language here...La Raza doesn't want to assimiliate...(La Raza means "The Race" in Spanish.) You know there used to be some guys in Indiana that wore white hoods that thought they were "The Race" as well.

It is called "Reconquista" and they want land back that they stole from los indios and that we won from them via the treaty of Guadalupe after the Mexican War...They sent armed men into the American Southwest at the begining of the last century and send armed men here now via the cartels...I don't know the answer as to at what point armed criminals coming illegally into a nation is considered an act of war...

I just want our immigration laws to be the same as Mexicos..Tough and unforgiving..I want us to treat Mexican criminals the way they treat an American who comes across the border with a couple of loose 22 cartridges in the floorboard of his truck...I want us to treat Mexicans the same way my buddy was treated when he had an appenicitis attack while on a cruise ship and had to be sent to a Mexican hospital,(they would not even look at him until he had wired $10,000 to them even though he showed them his insurance card.) All I am asking for is a little fairness...

So now all Mexicans are cartel members? So because Mexican health care practitioners don't have the decency to care for American's without up front cash, our practitioners here should do the same? I'm not suggesting a free ride, and I want government OUT of health care so that WE aren't left footing the bill. If government would get the hell out of it, we would be able to care for these people in charitable hospitals just like we used to much more efficiently, but I digress...

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    also, American culture is multi-cultural to an extent, but, like cake batter, if you dilute it too much, it eventually turns to waste.

They said the same thing when my grandparents came from eastern Europe 100+ years ago. They were wrong then, and you're wrong now.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    They said the same thing when my grandparents came from eastern Europe 100+ years ago. They were wrong then, and you're wrong now.

Yes they did, but your grandparents learned Englsh, and most likely considered themselves Americans, and embraced our culture, instead of demanding that we bend over bakwards so that they could keep their original culture and language. What do you identify yourself as, an American, or someone from the country that your grandparents came from?

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Yes they did, but your grandparents learned Englsh, and most likely considered themselves Americans, and embraced our culture, instead of demanding that we bend over bakwards so that they could keep their original culture and language. What do you identify yourself as, an American, or someone from the country that your grandparents came from?

Have you ever thought that they might have a stronger desire to identify as American if we didn't spend so much effort saying that they aren't?

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    You really should stop punishing an entire race for the actions of some.
    I am not punishing anyone. If you want to live here you should learn the language that most people speak. Most people in this country speak English, what is so difficult about that.

How outrageous would it be to the people of any other country if I moved there and expected them to speak the language from where I came from?

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I am not punishing anyone. If you want to live here you should learn the language that most people speak. Most people in this country speak English, what is so difficult about that.

How outrageous would it be to the people of any other country if I moved there and expected them to speak the language from where I came from?

Well, first, I wasn't aware that there was some big uprising by the Spanish speaking people to try and get us to speak Spanish or provide Spanish to them. Did they go public with this?

As to your second point, I want to state again that this is the United States of America. Not some other country. We are supposed to be different. Do you really decide all of your actions based on what others do to you? I don't. I try to make what I deem the right decision whether I receive the same treatment in return or not.

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013

not only that, when your Grandparents came over, there were quotas from each country. not the unchecked flood we are seeing from the south.

also, we werent seeing 100's to 1000's per DAY coming over.

we also were not talking about already having 11 MILLION (what dimokrats claim, more like 30 Million) illegal aliens here already. we werent dealing with anchor babies and the bleeding heart liberals who want to allow EVERYONE to come here unchecked.

if we allow that, where will everyone work?
    where will they live?
    how will they eat?
    get medical care?
    receive education?

the list of questions goes on and on.....

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    not only that, when your Grandparents came over, there were quotas from each country. not the unchecked flood we are seeing from the south.

also, we werent seeing 100's to 1000's per DAY coming over.

we also were not talking about already having 11 MILLION (what dimokrats claim, more like 30 Million) illegal aliens here already. we werent dealing with anchor babies and the bleeding heart liberals who want to allow EVERYONE to come here unchecked.

if we allow that, where will everyone work?
    where will they live?
    how will they eat?
    get medical care?
    receive education?

the list of questions goes on and on.....

Illegal immigration is only an issue when the economy is bad.

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    144   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Good point.

Another thought, I would wager the firefighters aren't learning to pick up a lady at a nightclub. They are being taught phrases such as help, fire, second floor, water, smoke, heart attack, baby, my grandfather...

This exactly what the recruits are learning Spanish for. It is very helpful having someone who speaks Spanish in some circumstances. We had to put out a fire where some roofers were burning scrap material and one of our guys had gone to a Spanish immersion class, so he was given the task of explaining why we had to put the fire out. Unfortunately, when he said it was the law of the land he misspoke and said he was the king of the land. It got a good laugh out of the roofers. After checking the word for law and the word he used he realized the mistake. It was funny in this situation, but in a medical emergency it could be an issue if communication isn't effective.

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Well, first, I wasn't aware that there was some big uprising by the Spanish speaking people to try and get us to speak Spanish or provide Spanish to them. Did they go public with this?

As to your second point, I want to state again that this is the United States of America. Not some other country. We are supposed to be different. Do you really decide all of your actions based on what others do to you? I don't. I try to make what I deem the right decision whether I receive the same treatment in return or not.

many local and state govs have been sued for not testing in "native languages"

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy

And who were the plaintiffs might I ask? Again, this is America. Even if you believe that we SHOULD have an official language, we don't.

I highlighted the important part this time^^

Top Bottom