• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    I highlighted the important part this time^^

we dont because of bleeding hearts such as yourself that want to bend over for people who refuse to learn the langauge. why should they learn it if we are going to force our people to learn their language in OUR land?

how many languages should we have OUR people learn? should we start teaching them Somali? Ethiopian?

how about we require people who want to rent a hotel room to learn Farsi or Pakistani, Indian?

or, if you want to fill your tank of gas, you have to speak one of the many dialects of arabic? i mean, why have people that come to this country learn our common language, we will subvert ourselves to them!

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    we dont because of bleeding hearts such as yourself that want to bend over for people who refuse to learn the langauge. why should they learn it if we are going to force our people to learn their language in OUR land?

how many languages should we have OUR people learn? should we start teaching them Somali? Ethiopian?

how about we require people who want to rent a hotel room to learn Farsi or Pakistani, Indian?

or, if you want to fill your tank of gas, you have to speak one of the many dialects of arabic? i mean, why have people that come to this country learn our common language, we will subvert ourselves to them!

:rofl:

Who is being forced as a condition of citizenship to be forced to learn another language? You really lost me on that little rant. An employer has every right to only hire those willing to learn another language, but no one is forcing "OUR people" to learn another language. :rofl:

By the way, the Hispanics, Asians, Muslims, etc. ARE OUR people, and it's just as much their land as it is yours.

:patriot:

Bleeding heart...Sheesh :rofl:

"We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal."

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    so then you have no problem with .gov telling people they have to learn another language as a condition of employment?

what you say is you dont want .gov telling you what to do yet, by your arguments, you say that it is perfectly OK for them to tell you to learn another language to pander to those who wont learn ours.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    so then you have no problem with .gov telling people they have to learn another language as a condition of employment?

what you say is you dont want .gov telling you what to do yet, by your arguments, you say that it is perfectly OK for them to tell you to learn another language to pander to those who wont learn ours.

The city of Indianapolis is teaching its firefighters a little Spanish to better serve the city of Indianapolis. In this situation, the city of Indianapolis is acting as an employer, and municipalities SHOULD be doing things to better SERVE its people. Tell me, where do the Indiana or US Constitutions prohibit that?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I think it is wonderful when people have the ability to speak another language. And the U.S. is one of the few - if not the only country - in the western world that doesn't require students to learn a second language. The problem comes when we start to make other languages have the same importance as English. Everyone on this site and in this nation, save those with Native American bloodlines, is here as a result of immigration from countries all over the world. If each family never learned the English language, the country would be in utter chaos and communication nearly impossible. By accepting Spanish as a "language" for the U.S. what are we communicating to the Bosnians, Somalis, Burmese, etc.?

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    I think it is wonderful when people have the ability to speak another language. And the U.S. is one of the few - if not the only country - in the western world that doesn't require students to learn a second language. The problem comes when we start to make other languages have the same importance as English. Everyone on this site and in this nation, save those with Native American bloodlines, is here as a result of immigration from countries all over the world. If each family never learned the English language, the country would be in utter chaos and communication nearly impossible. By accepting Spanish as a "language" for the U.S. what are we communicating to the Bosnians, Somalis, Burmese, etc.?

This goes straight to the heart of the argument. We fail because we require kids to start learning a second language in high school and then Only for two years.

We need to start teaching a second language at the earliest possible moment.

I agree that a multi lingual society is awesome but, it shouldn't be forced on to us for the convienence of those who refuse to assimilate.

That is my only gripe really. We speak 3 languages in my house.
    /family.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    This goes straight to the heart of the argument. We fail because we require kids to start learning a second language in high school and then Only for two years.

I agree that a multi lingual society is awesome but, it shouldn't be forced on to us for the convienence of those who refuse to assimilate.

/family.

I had to learn English as a second language in middle school and high school.A third language was also mandatory in high school, then I took a fourth in college while still learning the others.
    Im glad those languages were "forced on me" like you say.I wouldn't be fluent today it that wasn't the case.

And it's not because some people refuse or cant learn my native language that I shouldn't learn theirs.
    It's their loss if they cant speak it. :dunno:

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    if we allow that, where will everyone work? At the jobs that are going unfilled

where will they live? there is no shortage of housing
    how will they eat? doesn't seem to be a problem
    get medical care? many don't bother - they want to stay outside of the system
    receive education? This is paid for by property taxes that they indirectly pay. When they pay rent, the landlord pays the property taxes.

See above. Immigrants are meeting our economic needs; if we don't like that, we should look in the mirror at the people who are paying them. They do jobs that Americans won't, and they pay a lot in taxes. Even if they work off the books, they pay sales and property taxes.

Our economic model is built on constant growth - where else will this growth come from?

And who decided that we don't have enough (resources, jobs, you name it)? Our world has plenty of resources to provide for everyone, if we could just use some imagination and figure out how to make it work. We need to stop being afraid of people that are different from ourselves.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Yes they did, but your grandparents learned Englsh, and most likely considered themselves Americans, and embraced our culture, instead of demanding that we bend over bakwards so that they could keep their original culture and language. What do you identify yourself as, an American, or someone from the country that your grandparents came from?

It took a generation for mastery of English.

What the heck are "our culture" and "our traditions"? Go to any city with a large ethnic population, and you'll find organizations named "Polish-American", "German-American", etc. These traditions have survived for generations.

I interact regularly with immigrants from the south. Without exception, they are trying to learn and use English.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    So now all Mexicans are cartel members? So because Mexican health care practitioners don't have the decency to care for American's without up front cash, our practitioners here should do the same? I'm not suggesting a free ride, and I want government OUT of health care so that WE aren't left footing the bill. If government would get the hell out of it, we would be able to care for these people in charitable hospitals just like we used to much more efficiently, but I digress...

How could you say ALL Mexican's are cartel members...Pretty big brush you got there. Do you paint houses??? If so I bet you are fast...Just because we have mexicans coming up that are cartel members (and most paying cartels to bring them across the border at $5000-$7000 a pop) does not mean they all are...If you don't think the cartels are controling the flow of illegal immigrants then I don't know what to say...The cartels control everything except in a couple of small provincia's and townships where vigilantes are trying to get there towns back...And no we should not pay for foriegn nationals healthcare and we should treat the Mexicans the same way they are treating Americans than come across...This is usually the moment when a liberal says.."Yes...But we are better than that." and I say "We are not."

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013

What the heck are "our culture" and "our traditions"? Go to any city with a large ethnic population, and you'll find organizations named "Polish-American", "German-American", etc. These traditions have survived for generations.

I interact regularly with immigrants from the south. Without exception, they are trying to learn and use English.

But those people identify as Americans whereas illegal immigrants retain loyalty to their home country. Take a trip through the southwest if you doubt me.

Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    But are the firefighters hawt?
    And what computers will they use for Spanish class?

Yes... We are hot! And single!
    It is the new recruit classes that will have a Spanish class as part of their training. Years back, we worked with a group and went into the mountains of South America to provide health care for some villagers. Badges without borders was the name i think and it is a good program.

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    See above. Immigrants are meeting our economic needs; if we don't like that, we should look in the mirror at the people who are paying them. They do jobs that Americans won't, and they pay a lot in taxes. Even if they work off the books, they pay sales and property taxes.

Our economic model is built on constant growth - where else will this growth come from?

And who decided that we don't have enough (resources, jobs, you name it)? Our world has plenty of resources to provide for everyone, if we could just use some imagination and figure out how to make it work. We need to stop being afraid of people that are different from ourselves.

Well, we are running out of water and quickly in the middle part of the country. Wells are constantly having to be dug deeper or water piped in to more remote communities. This is due to the water table dropping from being used for everything from irrigation to survival.

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    How could you say ALL Mexican's are cartel members...Pretty big brush you got there. Do you paint houses??? If so I bet you are fast...Just because we have mexicans coming up that are cartel members (and most paying cartels to bring them across the border at $5000-$7000 a pop) does not mean they all are...If you don't think the cartels are controling the flow of illegal immigrants then I don't know what to say...The cartels control everything except in a couple of small provincia's and townships where vigilantes are trying to get there towns back...And no we should not pay for foriegn nationals healthcare and we should treat the Mexicans the same way they are treating Americans than come across...This is usually the moment when a liberal says.."Yes...But we are better than that." and I say "We are not."

The liberals hate it when you hit them with logic bombs in regards to how an illegal alien in Mexico is treated. Heck, for some good reading, look up what you are limited to if you emigrate TO Mexico. See what the pre-reqs are for even applying to become a citizen of that cess pool.

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    O, time for a shower, water and aspirin. I am not a drinker but, too many free beers and shots got the better of me last night.....oh the humanity!

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog

You do not see them flyin a Polish or German flag above the American flag now do you?

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy

/family.

Again...who is forcing you?

Huh?

You do not see them flyin a Polish or German flag above the American flag now do you?

There are also millions of Mexicans NOT doing this.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I am only complaining about the ones that do that and cannot speak a lick of English and do not not think they need too.

Well, we don't have an official language, because this is America, so they don't need to. They may have a hard time communicating with a huge segment of the population, but that doesn't mean they don't have the same inalienable rights that we do.

Top Bottom