• Total voters

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Moon clips are the fastest with speedloaders a close second(with practice). Moonclips are more compact than speedloaders.
    Moonclips rule:D

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    For those of you who have not used speedloaders I should mention that I've been carrying speedloaders since early in my LEO days and they work SIGNIFICANTLY better with a round-nosed projectile.

I carry .44 Special semi-wadcutters in my Model 29 (except when in bear country) but that bullet style tends to butt against the chamber openings and the loader needs to be wiggled, not something I want to monkey with under stress.

My magnum rounds are round-nosed and slide in with ease, so it is they I keep in the loaders.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Liberty Sanders, So I'm not the only person that has seen that problem with the bullet styles effecting the reload process.. I see it more with the moon clips I think because there is less to fiddle with when your getting the cartridges lined up. The speed loaders there is more to hold on to and help jostle the rounds into the holes...

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    my 610 will get the cylinder openings chamfered to make reloads easier, when I get some more money I will get more moonclips from more brands so I can try a brand that holds the rounds rigidly.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Well, I answered speed strips. Do I like speedloaders better? Yes. Are they faster? Yes. Would I actually carry them around? NO. Maybe,,maybe if a revolver was my primary gun, I would.

This right here. Yep, I'd rather have moon clips if I could put up with the bulk of two more cylinders, but I can't.

If I was going the route of revolver as the primary:
    138591458.LbfH59zw.jpg
    140061203.wJVAs2pp.jpg

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Bwframe, that's a awesome piece of art and technology... Handled one a while back and still have it on my list of must have's.... Just got the 327 R8 paid off and enjoying every minute with her. 2 more holes in the cylinder isn't that much extra to handle and the addition of the moon clips is really cool.... Need a trigger job though...

Just get her you won't be disappointed....

Top Bottom