• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    I'm so so sooooooo upset! I can't make it tomorrow. My fiancé has to borrow my car for a trip to KY. Her car was stuck tonight on her way home from work.

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    You and I should get together and shoot sometime Colt. I'd love to see your CZ collection.. just sayin haha!

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    We had a good time. Lots of ammo got sent down range and their were several targets that had to be laid to rest. I guess the star of the day was my buddy's Shadow. But then, it's the star of the show every time he brings it. It is a truly magnificent gun. The smoothest, most accurate I have ever fired. A thing of beauty. He and I have traded guns often but I never even inquire about that one. Talk about unobtanium. Anyway, I hope we can have another get together soon. The guys at Applied Ballistics, especially my fellow retired Master Chief Frank, were good to us. They put us in a bay where we got to start out by ourselves and didn't have anyone else in there until near the end. It was a good time.

P.S. the only disappointment of the day was that we only had four people. Other than my buddy and I and one of our coworkers only one :ingo: member decided to come out. So I guess there is less interest than I thought.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I was the outcast that came to the range. I shot quite a few guns. To me, all of them were fine shooters. I am not a good shot yet, but when I picked up the CZ's, I immediately shot them better than my M&P and even my 1911 which I have a lot of rounds through.

Thanks guys (and gal) for your hospitality and letting me try out your hardware. After the smoke cleared it came down to two choices for what I want for my next purchase. The shadow or the 75B and my budget will actually reduce that to one. Of course the RAMI would be a nice carry gun. So would the compact! See how one can end up with so many!:)

Or maybe the Makarov...

I have time to think about my next purchase so that is a good thing.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I have been asked a few times where to start in the CZ world. While I think the 75B is the cornerstone of the company and that every CZ lover should have one I know that budget considerations come into play. If you are looking for one "do it all" CZ that will make you smile at the range and still be small enough to fit comfortably in an IWB I would go with the CZ 75 Compact. The Compact offers you almost everything the 75B does in a much more concealable package. Yes, they are heavy but that weight translates very well when she is in your hand and trying to put two or three into the target in short order. The Shadow is the ultimate full size CZ but not everyone can afford (or find) one. A customized Compact is all the gun you will ever need and can fill just about any niche you want. I have used mine at USPSA matches, for home defense and I have carried it all over for a long time. If you can afford a few models then my rcommendation for the first one might change. But if you don't know when you might be able to get another one I say get a Compact because they can do it all. Just my :twocents: for what it's worth. You'll note there were two "CZ guys" there yesterday that have or have had virtually all of the CZ models at one time or another. They both have the same EDC, the CZ Compact in 9mm. Coincidence? I think not.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I'm glad you all had a good time. I would have liked to have made it but I had to meet someone to get some new equipment for the shop. Hopefully you'll do it again. I have a few different Czech pistols to add to the mix.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I'm glad you all had a good time. I would have liked to have made it but I had to meet someone to get some new equipment for the shop. Hopefully you'll do it again. I have a few different Czech pistols to add to the mix.
    Hopefully next time the weather will cooperate and we can get the word out a little sooner. We had a blast with four people but I would love to get 8-10 and really do some range swapping. I love to fire other people's and I enjoy letting others shoot mine. We had a good list of guns yesterday.

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Hopefully next time the weather will cooperate and we can get the word out a little sooner. We had a blast with four people but I would love to get 8-10 and really do some range swapping. I love to fire other people's and I enjoy letting others shoot mine. We had a good list of guns yesterday.

My weekends was literally ruined when I found out I couldn't make it. I'm glad it was fun for those who did participate and next time I will make sure that I will be able to make it!

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I have been asked a few times where to start in the CZ world. While I think the 75B is the cornerstone of the company and that every CZ lover should have one I know that budget considerations come into play. If you are looking for one "do it all" CZ that will make you smile at the range and still be small enough to fit comfortably in an IWB I would go with the CZ 75 Compact. The Compact offers you almost everything the 75B does in a much more concealable package. Yes, they are heavy but that weight translates very well when she is in your hand and trying to put two or three into the target in short order. The Shadow is the ultimate full size CZ but not everyone can afford (or find) one. A customized Compact is all the gun you will ever need and can fill just about any niche you want. I have used mine at USPSA matches, for home defense and I have carried it all over for a long time. If you can afford a few models then my rcommendation for the first one might change. But if you don't know when you might be able to get another one I say get a Compact because they can do it all. Just my :twocents: for what it's worth. You'll note there were two "CZ guys" there yesterday that have or have had virtually all of the CZ models at one time or another. They both have the same EDC, the CZ Compact in 9mm. Coincidence? I think not.

I should shoot that compact model some more.:)

cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    We had a good time. Lots of ammo got sent down range and their were several targets that had to be laid to rest. I guess the star of the day was my buddy's Shadow. But then, it's the star of the show every time he brings it. It is a truly magnificent gun. The smoothest, most accurate I have ever fired. A thing of beauty. He and I have traded guns often but I never even inquire about that one. Talk about unobtanium. Anyway, I hope we can have another get together soon. The guys at Applied Ballistics, especially my fellow retired Master Chief Frank, were good to us. They put us in a bay where we got to start out by ourselves and didn't have anyone else in there until near the end. It was a good time.

P.S. the only disappointment of the day was that we only had four people. Other than my buddy and I and one of our coworkers only one :ingo: member decided to come out. So I guess there is less interest than I thought.

What kind of Shadow is it?

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville

I started with the standard 75B. I wish I had never sold that pistol now. I have held and shot a few CZs and a couple clone brands and for me, if I could only have one pistol, It would be my P-01. I have held but never shot a 75 Compact, but I prefer the Decocker to the safety, I prefer the lighter alloy frame for EDC, and I like the ability to clip my Streamlight TLR-1 to the light rail for nightstand duty. Can I say it is the ideal place to start into the CZ world? Probably not. But it isn't a bad place to start either.

Glad to hear you all had fun. I wish you guys lived a bit closer I would love to join you all for a CZ shoot.

kazaam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    I'd like a P-01 at some point, but I feel like it's still rather heavy/large for a carry. Seems like it's in between a larger gun (like the SP-01) and a true carry gun. I dunno if that makes sense.

Top Bottom