• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The only CZ I've ever owned was a P-01 that I sold. It's on the short list of guns that I wish I still had.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    We had a good time. Lots of ammo got sent down range and their were several targets that had to be laid to rest. I guess the star of the day was my buddy's Shadow. But then, it's the star of the show every time he brings it. It is a truly magnificent gun. The smoothest, most accurate I have ever fired. A thing of beauty. He and I have traded guns often but I never even inquire about that one. Talk about unobtanium. Anyway, I hope we can have another get together soon. The guys at Applied Ballistics, especially my fellow retired Master Chief Frank, were good to us. They put us in a bay where we got to start out by ourselves and didn't have anyone else in there until near the end. It was a good time.

P.S. the only disappointment of the day was that we only had four people. Other than my buddy and I and one of our coworkers only one :ingo: member decided to come out. So I guess there is less interest than I thought.

Sorry BA, the interest was there, the timing was not. Hopefully, I'll be able to join the next one.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I'd like a P-01 at some point, but I feel like it's still rather heavy/large for a carry. Seems like it's in between a larger gun (like the SP-01) and a true carry gun. I dunno if that makes sense.

On the contrary actually. The P-01 is roughly the same size as a Glock 19, sure it weighs a bit more (not much more 28oz compared to 24oz) but it also feels better in my hand. I use a Comp-Tac MTAC holster and it is by far the most comfortable gun to carry that I own. Honestly most of the comfort in carry involved in carry is not the gun but the rig you use to carry it. A good belt/holster combo is key.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I Just have to say this. I have suspended my search for an SP-01. Just by chance I stopped by Bradis today and they had possibly one of the most coveted CZ production pistols in-stock on the shelf sitting right there in front of me. It is a pistol I have been looking for ever since I sold my original 75B years ago. A 75B in matte Stainless. I wasn't planning on buying anything, I was just gonna stop in and say hey to the guys since I was in the area. But I couldn't walk away and let someone else get that Stainless 75B. So it is now sitting in layaway with my name on it, I am very excited about this one! And this time it aint going anywhere except into my holster or my safe!

:rockwoot:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I Just have to say this. I have suspended my search for an SP-01. Just by chance I stopped by Bradis today and they had possibly one of the most coveted CZ production pistols in-stock on the shelf sitting right there in front of me. It is a pistol I have been looking for ever since I sold my original 75B years ago. A 75B in matte Stainless. I wasn't planning on buying anything, I was just gonna stop in and say hey to the guys since I was in the area. But I couldn't walk away and let someone else get that Stainless 75B. So it is now sitting in layaway with my name on it, I am very excited about this one! And this time it aint going anywhere except into my holster or my safe!

SWEEEET!!!! Good timing and congrats. Hey, that matches my compact.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Sorry BA, the interest was there, the timing was not. Hopefully, I'll be able to join the next one.
    No sweat. I know how it goes. There will be a next time hopefully sooner rather than later. I guess with the holidays approaching if we want to get one in though we had better get to it.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon

In my Pile o CZs I have a polished stainless 75B. I've been thinking of rounding the trigger guard like my Pre B models and then bead blasting the gun to a matte finish. Just haven't worked up the nerve to start grinding away on a new gun yet. I think it would be cool though. :yesway:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    In my Pile o CZs I have a polished stainless 75B. I've been thinking of rounding the trigger guard like my Pre B models and then bead blasting the gun to a matte finish. Just haven't worked up the nerve to start grinding away on a new gun yet. I think it would be cool though. :yesway:
    Ooh, it hurts me to hear you say that. I love those polished stainless 75s. I can't actually picture myself owning or carrying one but I do love them. Yes, I'm a bit conflicted.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville

They had a polished model too but man was it gaudy! That was the first CZ I had ever seen that I really didn't care for. No offense. I'm sure it would look real nice in a display box mounted on the wall of a man cave. But I wouldn't EDC it.

I would say grind and blast away. Or Cerakote may be cool.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Ooh, it hurts me to hear you say that. I love those polished stainless 75s. I can't actually picture myself owning or carrying one but I do love them. Yes, I'm a bit conflicted.

I like em too but I'm so picky that every little scratch it got would be buffed out with Semichrome or Flitz and pretty soon there would be no gun left. Lol. I don't like the hooked trigger guard so I thought if I removed that and then bead blasted it I would use it more. I could remove the hook and then repolish it I guess.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I don't know how many times I have considered buying one of those. But I'm pretty sure I would look silly wearing a hat with a feather in it.

Top Bottom