• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tsalien

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Bainbridge, Indiana
    Brand new owner is seeking personal preferences, opinions, facts as to what some good accessories might be for me to blow money on for a Saiga 762?

I think a laser scope would rock, is it worth it and what is a good one worth?

Should I spend money on a new hand guard, stock.

Thanks for your help!

11sec_lx

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    I bought mine at the 1500. After a little studying here: forum.Saiga-12.com -> Saiga 7.62 X 39

I just ordered this stock: ACE LTD. USA

I think a forestock with Picatanny rails is next, along with a vertical grip with the unfolding bi-pod and also a 30round Pro-mag magazine.

How's that? It's my $.02. :D

Last edited:

tsalien

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Bainbridge, Indiana
    Thanks 11sec. I appreciate it. Are you planning to put a scope on it? After the rain finally stopped over the weekend I spent some time target shooting. My plan was to sign it in. To my amazment, the thing was already dead on accurate at 25m. It rocks!

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Brand new owner is seeking personal preferences, opinions, facts as to what some good accessories might be for me to blow money on for a Saiga 762?

I think a laser scope would rock, is it worth it and what is a good one worth?

Should I spend money on a new hand guard, stock.

Thanks for your help!

Saiga's do rock. Be careful in your modding it though. Due to a stupid law you cannot just toss a pistol grip stock onto a "sporter" import without changing several other parts of the rifle at the same time. You should review the rules surrounding 922r before you make a boo-boo:

922(r) Worksheet for AK-47 Builds

The United States has a lovely bit of import law, Title 18 USC § 922(r), which prevents most of the more interesting rifle designs from being directly imported into the US. The import regulations are commonly referred to as "922(r)" in gun circles.

In order to legally build a non-sporting rifle out of a parts kit (or modify a 'sporting' rifle to include 'non-sporting' features), no more than 10 imported parts may remain in the final product. This is generally done by replacing foreign-made parts with domestically-built parts.

It sucks, and to my knowledge no-one has ever been tried for violating it. Additionally, it only applies to the person who makes the mod, not to a subsequent buyer (so if you got it that way...). In any case, be aware of any potential felonies you might accidentally commit and then promptly better that by posting evidence of it on the internet.

11sec_lx

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    tsalien,

I may get a scope at some point, maybe a side mount.

I see that your in Bainbridge. I have done allot of business with Tony @ Triple T's. He did allot of work to a foxbody Mustang I used to own and then a few things to the one that came after. Tony is the man!

Later...

jsn_mooney

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    South Of Richmond
    BP-02 mount made in Belerus is the only way to go- I went with a Choate Dragunov stock and carefully vented the factory handguard when I did one a few years back. If you do a little searching, there is an exellent posting out there for the conversion back to the traditional "AK" configuration. When you re-do the FCG- spend the $89 and get a Red-Star Arms adjustable 2-stage trigger, you can adjust the 2nd stage out of it if you prefer a single, but it id far and away the best AK trigger out there

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Saiga's do rock. Be careful in your modding it though. Due to a stupid law you cannot just toss a pistol grip stock onto a "sporter" import without changing several other parts of the rifle at the same time. You should review the rules surrounding 922r before you make a boo-boo:

922(r) Worksheet for AK-47 Builds

It sucks, and to my knowledge no-one has ever been tried for violating it. Additionally, it only applies to the person who makes the mod, not to a subsequent buyer (so if you got it that way...). In any case, be aware of any potential felonies you might accidentally commit and then promptly better that by posting evidence of it on the internet.

With the ACE stock ( usa made i assume) and a surefire 30rd mag does that give him the 4 parts needed?? I have kept my saiga stock except for a utg side scope mount, it is a great gun..

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    With the ACE stock ( usa made i assume) and a surefire 30rd mag does that give him the 4 parts needed?? I have kept my saiga stock except for a utg side scope mount, it is a great gun..

I think he needs five parts so long as there is no muzzle device. So pistol grip, stock, mag (3) = 5 should be good. Use that link to double check my math, it is nice.

The absolutely silly thing about it all is that this is the absolute least checked law ever, ever. It is silly and useless.

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    I think he needs five parts so long as there is no muzzle device. So pistol grip, stock, mag (3) = 5 should be good. Use that link to double check my math, it is nice.

The absolutely silly thing about it all is that this is the absolute least checked law ever, ever. It is silly and useless.

I think the only time it is enforced is after a raid or to rack up charges on someone. I don't think they look for it.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Mail it to Jim Fuller @ Rifle Dynamics with a check, wait a few months, all the while, saving the rest of your money for a "fighting rifle" class and a $hitpot full of ammo and mags, and then, then, you will be complete! :D

Top Bottom