Footage of Officer shooting "unarmed" man.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Solitaire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Indy
    Impressive criminal record on the suspect.

Photos of Ernesto Duenez Jr., Man Shot Eleven Times by Cop - Capitalbay Information Portal

The officer has been cleared, as apparently a knife was found in the bed of the truck, despite those on YouTube posting otherwise. (The officer had testified that the suspect was armed with a knife.) Perhaps one should not play stupid games if they do not wish to win stupid prizes.

Pretty good effectiveness of the handgun used by police. I'd be curious to know what caliber and duty ammo was used.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Impressive criminal record on the suspect.

Photos of Ernesto Duenez Jr., Man Shot Eleven Times by Cop - Capitalbay Information Portal

The officer has been cleared, as apparently a knife was found in the bed of the truck, despite those on YouTube posting otherwise. (The officer had testified that the suspect was armed with a knife.) Perhaps one should not play stupid games if they do not wish to win stupid prizes.

Pretty good effectiveness of the handgun used by police. I'd be curious to know what caliber and duty ammo was used.

Yes, when 8 of the 11 shots are fired after the target is already lying on the ground dying, that skillful gun handling will make sure he is good and dead. I seem to recall the other day most of us came to the consensus that pumping lead into people to finish them off after they are already incapacitated is murder.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Wonder what precipitated that whole mess? It sounded like the cop knew him because he kept yelling his first name.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Some departments have SOPs that dictate how you treat suspects, even ones that have been shot.

Pretty easy to throw the "coward" flag when you weren't there.

Frank, I will take your word for this, but if that is the case, shooting the man 3 times before he collapses, then shooting him 8 more times, then cuffing the corpse? It doesn't leave me feeling too good about surviving an encounter with these police with the possible exception of a chance encounter eating lunch.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Frank, I will take your word for this, but if that is the case, shooting the man 3 times before he collapses, then shooting him 8 more times, then cuffing the corpse? It doesn't leave me feeling too good about surviving an encounter with these police with the possible exception of a chance encounter eating lunch.
    They did kinda drag his corpse around a few times before cuffing him, seemed kinda silly.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Yes, when 8 of the 11 shots are fired after the target is already lying on the ground dying, that skillful gun handling will make sure he is good and dead. I seem to recall the other day most of us came to the consensus that pumping lead into people to finish them off after they are already incapacitated is murder.
    Sounds about right to me.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I would have shot him too just based off his actions once confronted. Not to mention if you knew his prior history and his obvious propensity for violence. Forget what the lawyers for the family said. Most of them have some far out there imaginations and are prone to exaggerate if not flat out lie.

By the way that was some good shooting.

Turning the man into a Swiss cheese is good shooting? Eight shots after he is on the ground having been shot three times? This man may have had a rap sheet longer than my arm, but if they would to this to him, they would do it to anyone.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

I don't know how it with that department, but at IMPD I am not allowed to pronounce someone deceased. I have seen a few dead bodies and usually have a pretty good idea when it happens, but only medics or doctors can make the final determination. Until that happens I would handcuff someone that I just shot. When medics get there I will un-handcuff them and let the medics do their job.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Given his prior history, the fact that he WILL re-offend and the fact that he was on parole and failed a drug test as well as having the home staked out because of domestic violence I honestly fail to see why anyone is bothered by this piece of **** being killed.

What can I say. I hope his death was slow and it hurt every moment of it.
    Filth deserves no mercy. Give the cop a medal.

Mark, I don't disagree that this individual's death can be chalked up as an improvement to the condition of the United States. The problem I have with it is that if they would do it to him, they would do it to anyone.

This example is from a slightly different but basically similar context. At one time I worked for the Indiana Department of Correction. While there, I noticed a trend regarding the treatment of inmates which is that the less dangerous an individual inmate or the general population at a given institution, the more harsh the staff would be. For example, at the Indiana State Prison at Michigan City, some of the worst inmates that the state has in custody pretty well run the place, have very lax rules compared with most facilities (they are even allowed televisions in their cells and have pets in some cases!) and conversely the staff will go JBT when dealing with inmates who are not particularly dangerous and have not committed particularly serious crimes. This left me with the conclusion that use of force tends to depend more on what a person can get away with than what is needed.

I will apply a different line of thought yielding the same basic conclusion. It is easy for us to applaud bad things happening to bad people even if it requires coloring outside the lines to make it happen. The problem is that this way of thinking led most people to witness the development of asset forfeiture laws without much concern, after all, it was those scummy drug dealers who were going to be affected. Today, if the police catch me going on vacation with enough money in cash to pay as I go, I can count on having it confiscated on the presumption that carrying that much cash is indicative of nefarious activity and they will make off with the greenbacks and defy me to get it back from them.

In the end, I have concluded that we can count on having any stick we give the police to use on criminals will eventually be used on us as the criminals go on with business as usual. This is why I (and plenty of others) will stand in defense of characters who do not earn much sympathy--because in defending them today, we are defending ourselves from receiving the same tomorrow.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    How about you change "they" to "that officer"? Like some gun owners who have also done stupid ****, us cops are not all cut from the same cloth.

Sorry Frank. I took your suggestion of this being department standard and ran with it. I did notice that none of the others seemed too concerned lending credence to the idea that this is how that department rolls.

Top Bottom