• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    I'm going to share the words of an Appleseed instructor from Arizona. Earlier this year he was running a shoot where some of the students mentioned words like Militia, Revolution, and Today while talking to one another. The following is what he had to say. His words far more eloquently express my thoughts than I ever could have.

America is probably the most fortunate mistake to ever happen in ten thousand years of human government. It is the exception to the rule, rather than the standard... and sets the measuring bar so high for any other government that it stands without parallel, even with the current problems we face today.

These last 234 years have celebrated the right of Americans to determine their own futures, free from the trappings of birth-right elitism. In some ways we get better as we progress, and in other ways we may get worse.

Make no mistake though: Anyone that heaps praise upon that favoured quote of the keyboard commando ("The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants") and urges a new American Revolution, is not doing this country a service.

Consider the form of government put in place for us, embodied in our Constitution in 1787... bestowed no entitlements on the men who wrote it. They did not protect and enshrine their chosen industries into that document, creating guaranteed incomes and powers for themselves. They did not give greater rights for certain types of people over others.

They created a system designed to keep government out of the way of honest men seeking to make their own way in the world.

Ben Franklin could have established a State research institute or other pet project.

Thomas Jefferson could have worked for voting rights as a function of the size of a man's estate. Monticello was pretty big, after all.

John Adams could have created special privileges or access to lawmakers, just for lawyers.

You find none of that in our Constitution, and the lack of self-interest on the part of our Founding Fathers when constructing our new government is staggering... and unprecedented in man's history.

It will not happen again.

A new Revolution, should that unfortunate day come, has no guarantee to leave us as unencumbered by hidden self-interests as our predecessors were so wise to leave out. In great likelihood, it is more likely to leave us worse off than before.

Appleseed is the answer. And other organizations that share a vision to revitalize the knowledge of our country's foundations, origins, philosophy and character. Take that knowledge and outlook... share it with your family, your friends, your church and your work. Invest your self, your faith in this country and your energy into fixing what we have now... if Hancock and Adams and Revere can invest their lives and fortunes into this little 234 year experiment, then surely we can spend a few weekends a year to contribute in some small way.

Would you meet John Adams on horseback out on Battle Road, April 20th of 1775, and tell him "I'm sorry, but we threw that system out... We're building something new." ?

All because we didn't protect it properly the first time?

Archaic_Entity

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    I must say, as much as I have speculated the possibilities of revolution and such ideas that often seem to be popping up lately, I have never actually put it together in this light.

Thanks for letting me see what you have heard.

Just to edify, I do not advocate revolution. I agree with what this Appleseed Instructor has stated.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Would you meet John Adams on horseback out on Battle Road, April 20th of 1775, and tell him "I'm sorry, but we threw that system out... We're building something new." ?

All because we didn't protect it properly the first time?

First, let me say, I'm not advocating violence or revolution.

That said, I think he has it twisted a little bit here. I think we can all agree our current government is FAR from what was founded. True, there would be no guarantees that a second revolution would leave us with what we founded. But isn't that the point of Revolution? In our minds that is. Isn't it our duty to protect our Founding Principles? How can we do that amidst voter fraud, extortion, bribery and people with millions of dollars and an International force invested in the current revolution going on in this Country?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    First, let me say, I'm not advocating violence or revolution.

That said, I think he has it twisted a little bit here. I think we can all agree our current government is FAR from what was founded. True, there would be no guarantees that a second revolution would leave us with what we founded. But isn't that the point of Revolution? In our minds that is. Isn't it our duty to protect our Founding Principles? How can we do that amidst voter fraud, extortion, bribery and people with millions of dollars and an International force invested in the current revolution going on in this Country?

Ryan, if indeed some people managed to gather together enough people to mount an actual force, and I don't for a minute think that possibility likely in the days of "American Idle" (spelling intentional), what then? Let's just suppose hypothetically that enough people managed to win in an actual armed conflict.

I am reminded of the campaign workers for Obama, those who put thousands upon thousands of man-hours into his [STRIKE]coronation[/STRIKE] election and once the election was won, were left hollow, empty, without purpose. Today's "American", by and large, is not even a shadow of the Americans who created this nation. We have no statesmen.

They had the likes of Benjamin Franklin. Writer, publisher, philosopher, inventor, ambassador(IIRC), statesman, and diplomat. And Mr. Franklin was not alone. His peers all had many professions, often widely varied, and were accomplished at all of them.

In the event of such an uprising, even if enough people could be summoned today to make it happen, who would step into the void created and lead? In the days of our Founders, the militiamen arrived for drill or muster expecting not to arrive and be given marching orders but to arrive and participate in determining what those orders would be. None of them were followers. Leaders, to a man, and it showed in their efforts in July 1776, Sept. 1789, and Dec. 1791.

Even in the event of a decapitory strike today, the "leaders" we have today would simply resume the current system. We would start off with such things as "Social Security", Medicare, Medicaid, entitlement this and that, and be right back on the road to ruin.

No, that option, while always open, is not feasible, to say nothing of being wise. Our Founders bled so that we, their Posterity, would have a third option beyond what they saw: Servitude to a far-away King or war with his soldiers. That third option is our salvation, if anything will be. We MUST get good people, honest people, into offices, break down the governmental stranglehold on the People, then get those aforementioned good, honest people OUT of office while they remain good and honest and install others like them in their places.

We, you and I, have discussed this last before. It will not happen overnight. It will not be pretty, and it will not be easy. There will be a long time in there where things are going to suck, and suck badly. I do not pretend otherwise. I have never said it would be easy. I merely maintain that it will be worth it.

Promote war? Not me; far from it. If I must make war, I'll not shrink from my duty, but until that day comes, you may expect a fight from me to prevent its arrival.

Blessings,
    Bill

CulpeperMM

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death! - Historic Documents - PatriotPost.US

I concur with the quotes from the gent from AZ (in OP) that this country is unique. If we are to remain that way we need to defend our Constitution, which codifies our uniqueness. When our own Government is offended at the mention of the Constitution, then it is time for a different approach. I suggest going door to door in your neighborhoods. Get to know people. Hand out Constitutions. Go to JBS.org and buy the "Overview of America" disk in bulk and hand it out. EDUCATE. People need to be reminded what this country is supposed to be about.

Liberty. This country is supposed to be about Liberty.

Like Patrick Henry said: "I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me Death!"

And for clarification; Liberty is NOT accepting the government's diktats regarding what health insurance i am required to buy under the threat of heavy fines or prison. Liberty is NOT having residential thermostats regulated in Washington. Liberty is NOT having the government monitoring churches for "hate speech". These are clear usurpations. any laws advocating these things are null upon signage. Unconstitutional laws are not Law.

There is an old saying: "Consent makes the law".

Do you consent to a health care "tax" of up to 20% of your income?
    Do you consent to annual home efficiency audits and mandated equipment upgrades under the penalty of forfeiture of your home and prison time?
    Do you consent to preventing certain Bible verses that are uncomfortable to some from being read aloud in church?

Remember, all these are to be enforced at the "barrel of a gun", to quote an administration official (Ron Bloom) & Mao Tse-Tung.

With that, I submit that there is a Revolution underway. It started some time ago, and its aim is the transform America into the opposite of the nation that our Founding Fathers left us. The question is whether we will be willing to restore the Republic. As Bill mentioned, many parts of this revolution have been established in this country through out the 20th century in the form of entitlements. You will not find the article or section in the Constitution that grants the Federal Government the power to create those entitlements. You will however find these entitlements (nearly by name) in the Communist Manifesto. Our very lives depend on turning this revolution back, and restoring the Constitution back to its rightful place as the governing Law of the Land.

That has to start with winning the hearts and minds of the people.

(But what do we mean by the American Revolution? Do we mean the American war? The Revolution was effected before the war commenced. The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution.
    -John Adams 1818)

Patrick Henry: "There is a just God who presides over the destinies of nations, and who will raise up friends to fight our battles for us. The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave. Besides, sir, we have no election. If we were base enough to desire it, it is now too late to retire from the contest. There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! Our chains are forged!"

And finally i leave you with a few words from the apostle Paul to contemplate:
    "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." Ephesians 6:12
    "Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty." 2 Corinthians 3:17

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Ryan, if indeed some people managed to gather together enough people to mount an actual force, and I don't for a minute think that possibility likely in the days of "American Idle" (spelling intentional), what then? Let's just suppose hypothetically that enough people managed to win in an actual armed conflict. Maybe you're right. maybe there isn't enough people willing to fight. However, your lack of faith in people is a bit disturbing. But like CPMM said, the people can be rallied. There are thousands out there right now preparing to defend themselves. You tell me they don't care enough to fight for their freedom? You must have faith my brother.

I am reminded of the campaign workers for Obama, those who put thousands upon thousands of man-hours into his [strike]coronation[/strike] election and once the election was won, were left hollow, empty, without purpose. Today's "American", by and large, is not even a shadow of the Americans who created this nation. We have no statesmen. Yes, they were/are mindless zombies. Stuck on the idea that this Country OWES them something. Some of them can be shown the light, some can't. But if you'll remember the first American Revolution, there were those who thought that states had no right to leave their Contract with the Federal Government even though the Feds broke their side of the deal. You will always have both kinds and you can't change some people's minds. It's just that simple. But not everyone is so stubborn either.

You also say we have no statesmen. I must disagree. I can name three people on this very website who are great statesmen, but refuse to go down that road. They are either too scared to step up, or too lazy. I don't personally know these men to say one way or another, but that is the impression I got from them. I did meet one person who stepped up though. I met Richard Behney. I had a few discussions with him on a few subjects. And there are more like him.

They had the likes of Benjamin Franklin. Writer, publisher, philosopher, inventor, ambassador(IIRC), statesman, and diplomat. And Mr. Franklin was not alone. His peers all had many professions, often widely varied, and were accomplished at all of them.

Being accomplished at many professions, being a writer, publisher, philosopher, inventor, etc etc etc doesn't mean anything. We have the closest thing to a perfect government as we're going to get laid out before us. All we have to do is eliminate all things not authorized by that document. Eliminate the IRS. Eliminate the Federal Reserve. Pull out of the UN. Hold ALL XYZ Fed. Agencies to the same constraints as the rest of the Federal Government. If it's not spelled out in the Constitution as a power that they have, they can't do it.

We are never going to get enough people in high enough places to accomplish this. Why? Because Politicians are ENTITLED to way too many perks. If you make being a Politician so undesirable that only people who really care about this Country would be willing to work for little pay, little benefits, no perks (Private jets, cars, taxpayer paid luxuries), etc, etc, etc You will FIND those statesmen willing to hold true to the Constitution.

In the event of such an uprising, even if enough people could be summoned today to make it happen, who would step into the void created and lead? In the days of our Founders, the militiamen arrived for drill or muster expecting not to arrive and be given marching orders but to arrive and participate in determining what those orders would be. None of them were followers. Leaders, to a man, and it showed in their efforts in July 1776, Sept. 1789, and Dec. 1791. Again, you're faith in people is really disappointing. Just because we have more followers that leaders is nothing new. There were more followers than leaders back then too. All through out time, all it took was either one man or a handful of men to energize a massive force. The militiamen, the Continental Army, both were made up of more followers than leaders. However, just because they were followers doesn't mean they were weak, weak minded, cowards, lazy, what have you.

I know you are not implying this, but to say that everyone that showed up to fight was a leader is preposterous. They showed up because they were convinced BY those leaders that their freedom, that their livelihoods, that their families were in danger. That the war COULD be won. The handful of leaders showed the masses that negotiation and diplomacy was a waste of time. Much as it is becoming now. The people need to be shown the truth. And for those that will listen, you will find leaders.

Even in the event of a decapitory strike today, the "leaders" we have today would simply resume the current system. We would start off with such things as "Social Security", Medicare, Medicaid, entitlement this and that, and be right back on the road to ruin. Again, faith. These are the very things people are very much against. To say that we would start over with the same corrupt system we have now.... I'm sorry, I can't comprehend that People fighting against entitlements, overstepping of Constitutional Authority, would go back to the same old same old.

No, that option, while always open, is not feasible, to say nothing of being wise. Our Founders bled so that we, their Posterity, would have a third option beyond what they saw: Servitude to a far-away King or war with his soldiers. That third option is our salvation, if anything will be. We MUST get good people, honest people, into offices, break down the governmental stranglehold on the People, then get those aforementioned good, honest people OUT of office while they remain good and honest and install others like them in their places.

I'd say that option is feasible. It's not something anyone WANTS, but neither did our Founding Fathers. They tried for YEARS to reason with the King. We've tried for YEARS to reason with the federal gov. History is repeating itself. They are gearing up to implement Martial Law. They are brokering deals overseas and in the UN to take away our freedoms. They've "Legislated" away our freedoms against our will. They are taxing us harder now than anytime in our history. They are using our men an women, our flesh and blood and sweat and tears to fight fights that we have no reason fighting. They care more about fighting overseas than strengthening our own boarders.

They've lied to us for decades. They use extortion and bribery and commit treason in Washington everyday. They've used voter fraud to make sure the people THEY want in Washington gets there. They have turned us into slaves, forcing us to pay for things we don't want or need. They've made sure that we have the ILLUSION of owning property and land. We are no longer the "LAND OF THE FREE" but the "LAND OF THE SLAVES" "LAND OF THE DEAD".

We, you and I, have discussed this last before. It will not happen overnight. It will not be pretty, and it will not be easy. There will be a long time in there where things are going to suck, and suck badly. I do not pretend otherwise. I have never said it would be easy. I merely maintain that it will be worth it.

I'm sorry, but it's not worth it to watch my children grow up into slavery. I'm sorry, but I don't see us reverting back to freedom in the next 20-40-50-100yrs. We are breeding Entitlists and Elitists and will continue to do so unless Congress does a complete 180 in the next 3 years and starts repealing the spending, the unConstitutional Laws, and reigning in the Federal Agencies like the FCC, FDA, ATF, CIA, NSA, FBI, XYZ, 123.

The road ahead is not in our favor and is not going to be no matter how much we educate the people. Worth it? How so? Watching my kids forced into slavery from the time they turn 15? Knowing that the same fate awaits my Grandchildren but even worse?

How is that WORTH IT?

Promote war? Not me; far from it. If I must make war, I'll not shrink from my duty, but until that day comes, you may expect a fight from me to prevent its arrival.

Blessings,
    Bill

I am not promoting war either. I don't want war. I don't want to see my Countrymen fighting and dying at each others hand's. Especially in such a turbulent time in our History. But where do we draw the line? When they take away your ability to choose one profession from another? To force us into insurance we don't want and can't afford? When they bankrupt this Country? When they force you to get an education you don't want? When they dictate what kind of car or truck you can drive? When they come to your home without a warrant and do as they wish? When they just TAKE your home and "Re-appropriate" the land for their own will?

So really. Where do we draw the line? When do we say enough is enough? Or do we just sit idly by and watch as our Country gets destroyed within and someone WORSE steps in to fix it?

I can't believe you people would just sit by and say "Wait. Wait for someone to step up and do something. Hope and Pray that Washington changes."

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    That third option is our salvation, if anything will be. We MUST get good people, honest people, into offices, break down the governmental stranglehold on the People, then get those aforementioned good, honest people OUT of office while they remain good and honest and install others like them in their places.

Blessings,
    Bill

This would actually have some meaning to me if you could point to any 10 year period of our history where we've had a single net gain of liberty. In 220+ years of our history, we've experienced nothing but a net loss of rights. How many more years do you think it will take to get back to our founding principles?

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    I am not promoting war either. I don't want war. I don't want to see my Countrymen fighting and dying at each others hand's. Especially in such a turbulent time in our History. But where do we draw the line? When they take away your ability to choose one profession from another? To force us into insurance we don't want and can't afford? When they bankrupt this Country? When they force you to get an education you don't want? When they dictate what kind of car or truck you can drive? When they come to your home without a warrant and do as they wish? When they just TAKE your home and "Re-appropriate" the land for their own will?

So really. Where do we draw the line? When do we say enough is enough? Or do we just sit idly by and watch as our Country gets destroyed within and someone WORSE steps in to fix it?

I can't believe you people would just sit by and say "Wait. Wait for someone to step up and do something. Hope and Pray that Washington changes."

:yesway: Wow, I was gonna post............instead I'll go with what SE said.
    We must always be ready to fight for our original rights. If and when the time comes, there will be no question. Every person on this forum will know.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    :yesway: Wow, I was gonna post............instead I'll go with what SE said.
    We must always be ready to fight for our original rights. If and when the time comes, there will be no question. Every person on this forum will know.

I'm glad you agree, but I must say something. There will always be question. By someone somewhere. There was question and even dissent among the colonists in the 1700's as to whether we should go to war with England. While this was a movie, I know that these words must have been uttered more than once. By statesmen...

2:44 into the movie....

YouTube - The Patriot Part 2/16

But the whole scene gives us some insight into the feelings of today. IMHO of course.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    He is right of course. We do not need blood in the streets.

We need the death of the current Congress and by that I mean every man and woman currently in Congress needs to ousted. Vote them out every single one of them and show no quarter it is time the Lords and Masters remembered they are to serve the people, not the other way around.

We need change absolute. Not the same crap we have now and have gotten from those who are self severing and motivated by greed.

This is a great country let us not allow those that have abused their power continue to do so. Vote out the tyrants in the next election, let them know the people still exist.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    SavageEagle......"We are never going to get enough people in high enough places to accomplish this. Why? Because Politicians are ENTITLED to way too many perks. If you make being a Politician so undesirable that only people who really care about this Country would be willing to work for little pay, little benefits, no perks (Private jets, cars, taxpayer paid luxuries), etc, etc, etc You will FIND those statesmen willing to hold true to the Constitution."

This has always been one of my favorite ideas. Pay politicians minimum wage, give them a base model American car as an official vehicle, a few other items that help them do their job (cell phone, laptop, etc.), and perhaps a single bedroom apartment in a government housing complex. When their term is up, these items are returned and given to the next person to occupy their office.

Taking money or favors from anyone but the American people should be considered an act of treason. You collect your paycheck, nothing more.

Perhaps even using the White House as private residence should be ended...its usage as a formal reception house and office seems more appropriate to me. Why should the President live in tax payer funded luxury...after all, he's just a public servant. In the home he currently enjoys, and the perks and treatment he gets, he seems more like a king than an elected leader.

When I bring this up, people say "Man, that sounds crappy...who the heck would want to work in the government with crappy pay and hardly any perks?"

My answer? Me. Or someone else who actually gives a damn about doing the job well, representing their constituents, and protecting the Nation and its founding principles.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    I'd like to challenge everyone who's posted in this thread to attend an Appleseed in 2010. Then, if it all clicks, get involved. Not necessarily with the Appleseed project, but in Politics, local, state, or federal.

Write your politicians. Run for office. Get off the sofa. No longer be part of America Idle, but get active, be heard, enact change.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    I'd like to challenge everyone who's posted in this thread to attend an Appleseed in 2010. Then, if it all clicks, get involved. Not necessarily with the Appleseed project, but in Politics, local, state, or federal.

Write your politicians. Run for office. Get off the sofa. No longer be part of America Idle, but get active, be heard, enact change.

Mudcat's already got me to agree to one... and if I like it, which I know I will, there will be more. Girlfriend is coming as well. So are two other male friends, one of whom doesn't know it yet. (Yes, you, N.W.!)

I would rather not see a revolution in this country - if it came to that, I know, presently, who would win. Our government has Stinger missiles and a propaganda machine which is unmatched even by that of the Third Reich or the People's Republic - but I think if every citizen trained well, knew how to use a rifle, and was a marksman - and our government knew it - well, we might well see the changes anyone might hope to effect with violence. Sometimes the mere threat of violence is enough. Even so, I'd rather it not come down to threats, either... hopefully tyrannical government in any form would take a look at a citizenry which is armed-to-the-teeth and shy away from doing violence against it in good sense.

Who was that one high-ranking Japanese official who said: "I would never invade America, there would be a shotgun behind each blade of grass." ?

The least we can do is stave off possible violence by making the notion of violence seem at best a Pyrrhic victory - that is, by being well-armed and well-trained Citizens of our once-Great Republic. I think we can make it great again if we try. And if we train.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

:yesway: I'll be there in 2010, still a cook for now.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

About the only way you will gain sufficient public interest is if you made Peyton Manning President, filled the house and senate with 535 other NFL players, and created a Fantasy Politics League.

CulpeperMM

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne

I've been to two. Its a good program. Read my previous post again.

Last edited:

RockCreekRelics

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2009
    Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death! - Historic Documents - PatriotPost.US

I concur with the quotes from the gent from AZ (in OP) that this country is unique. If we are to remain that way we need to defend our Constitution, which codifies our uniqueness. When our own Government is offended at the mention of the Constitution, then it is time for a different approach. I suggest going door to door in your neighborhoods. Get to know people. Hand out Constitutions. Go to JBS.org and buy the "Overview of America" disk in bulk and hand it out. EDUCATE. People need to be reminded what this country is supposed to be about.

Liberty. This country is supposed to be about Liberty.

Like Patrick Henry said: "I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me Death!"

And for clarification; Liberty is NOT accepting the government's diktats regarding what health insurance i am required to buy under the threat of heavy fines or prison. Liberty is NOT having residential thermostats regulated in Washington. Liberty is NOT having the government monitoring churches for "hate speech". These are clear usurpations. any laws advocating these things are null upon signage. Unconstitutional laws are not Law.

There is an old saying: "Consent makes the law".

Do you consent to a health care "tax" of up to 20% of your income?
    Do you consent to annual home efficiency audits and mandated equipment upgrades under the penalty of forfeiture of your home and prison time?
    Do you consent to preventing certain Bible verses that are uncomfortable to some from being read aloud in church?

Remember, all these are to be enforced at the "barrel of a gun", to quote an administration official (Ron Bloom) & Mao Tse-Tung.

With that, I submit that there is a Revolution underway. It started some time ago, and its aim is the transform America into the opposite of the nation that our Founding Fathers left us. The question is whether we will be willing to restore the Republic. As Bill mentioned, many parts of this revolution have been established in this country through out the 20th century in the form of entitlements. You will not find the article or section in the Constitution that grants the Federal Government the power to create those entitlements. You will however find these entitlements (nearly by name) in the Communist Manifesto. Our very lives depend on turning this revolution back, and restoring the Constitution back to its rightful place as the governing Law of the Land.

That has to start with winning the hearts and minds of the people.

(But what do we mean by the American Revolution? Do we mean the American war? The Revolution was effected before the war commenced. The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution.
    -John Adams 1818)

Patrick Henry: "There is a just God who presides over the destinies of nations, and who will raise up friends to fight our battles for us. The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave. Besides, sir, we have no election. If we were base enough to desire it, it is now too late to retire from the contest. There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! Our chains are forged!"

And finally i leave you with a few words from the apostle Paul to contemplate:
    "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." Ephesians 6:12
    "Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty." 2 Corinthians 3:17
    "whenever the Legislators endeavour to take away, and destroy the Property of the People, or to reduce them to Slavery under Arbitrary Power, they put themselves into a state of War with the People, who are thereupon absolved from any farther Obedience"
    John Locke

Amen brother!!!
    I for one do not condone a mindless revolution in which we will have the same or worse results .At the same time I have to ask the same question that Savage Eagle asks....Where do you draw the line?At what point IS enough enough? Do you wait out of fear of current laws until the point that your rights and liberties are so eroded that history easily repeats itself and you are made the slaves of the so-called authority? As qouted above these things will be enforced at the "barrel of a gun." Do we really wait until it comes to that point?

I agree with Lars also in the fact that we have got to get up off of the sofa and do something.I can't wait to get more involved.The strange thing is that even though most of the people I know are not happy with the way things are and are not pleased with the current administration they don't even begin to understand what is happening or why? I especially do not see many of them willing to do anything about it.We have lived so long as a country of privilege and ease that we have forgotten as a whole how those things came into place to begin with.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Allow me to offer this as a way to get off the couch. It's not an Appleseed, although that is a GREAT idea. I hope to attend one one day.

I know many of you have heard about the Second Amendment March on Washington coming up Spring of next year. However, there will also be State Marches for those of us who can't make D.C.

April 19, 2010

Mark that date. That may be one of the most important dates of the decade. You can find more information on this event and the people behind it below.

Second Amendment March

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    Allow me to offer this as a way to get off the couch. It's not an Appleseed, although that is a GREAT idea. I hope to attend one one day.

I know many of you have heard about the Second Amendment March on Washington coming up Spring of next year. However, there will also be State Marches for those of us who can't make D.C.

April 19, 2010

Mark that date. That may be one of the most important dates of the decade. You can find more information on this event and the people behind it below.

Second Amendment March

It's on the calender......:rockwoot::patriot:thanks

Top Bottom