• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • f'nstar

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    image.jpg
    So today I picked up my FNX .45 I know this thread is worthless with out pictures so i will get them posted soon. This gun is nice great trigger both SA/DA. Very easy to disassemble and clean. It was dark when I got home so I didn't get to put any rounds through it. I have smallish hands and the gun fits my hands well. I am off to the range tomorrow and ill report back. Photo to follow as soon as I upload them.

Last edited:

Napalm217

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I look forward to hearing your opinion on the fnx. I am looking at possibly getting one in a few weeks so please report back with your thoughts.

f'nstar

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Onto first impressions of the gun. I have smallish hands, the gun fits my hands very well i love how it feels in my hands. The grip is very aggressive, after a day of shooting your hands could probably be a little tore up. The trigger is amazing, the DO pull is very manageable, and the SA pull is very nice. I ride the safety like a 1911 and had no problems with it digging into my thumb or anything else. With a full magazine inserted the gun is well balanced. My initial impressions of the gun is that it is built like a tank, everything is beefed up on it. shooting it side by side with the gen 4 21 I have to say that the glock has a little less recoil, but the trigger on the FN is alot better in my opinion. The FN points a lot more natural for me, glocks have always felt funny in my hands. I shot 150 plus through both guns today with no malfunctions. the glock had problems dropping mags free once in a while but thats the only complaint.

swampdonkey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Bloomington
    Onto first impressions of the gun. I have smallish hands, the gun fits my hands very well i love how it feels in my hands. The grip is very aggressive, after a day of shooting your hands could probably be a little tore up. The trigger is amazing, the DO pull is very manageable, and the SA pull is very nice. I ride the safety like a 1911 and had no problems with it digging into my thumb or anything else. With a full magazine inserted the gun is well balanced. My initial impressions of the gun is that it is built like a tank, everything is beefed up on it. shooting it side by side with the gen 4 21 I have to say that the glock has a little less recoil, but the trigger on the FN is alot better in my opinion. The FN points a lot more natural for me, glocks have always felt funny in my hands. I shot 150 plus through both guns today with no malfunctions. the glock had problems dropping mags free once in a while but thats the only complaint.

totally agree, the FN is a hell of a pistol, not a big glock fan at all!

RA8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Carmel
    I have the 45 tactical. Smooth as eggs trigger, and great feel overall. It brings me back to the same out of the box feeling I got with my first gun ever.

swampdonkey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Bloomington
    just picked up 2 FDE FNX 45 Tacticals, love em! match grade combat pistols! pics to come! they dressed with light lasers now, knights arm cans and red docs on the way!

Jordan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Camby/Moorseville
    I jumped on this gun when it was the FNP 45. I do not regret it one bit. I love my FN. I am only slightly annoyed that with the advent of the FNX version I will have a harder time finding magazines since they are not compatible but are otherwise the same gun.

OneShotFOGE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Well the positive feedback here has prompted me to pull the trigger (pun unintended) on the FN 45. I was thinking about it for a while then saw it sold out for a couple days and got bummed I waited. Now that it is available I had to jump on it. Shipping now. Cant wait to get my hands on a 15 round .45! :)

cmamath13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Greenwood
    I do not own one, but was looking at one in LGS. As I was looking at it, an older gentlemen overheard me asking some questions about the gun and the manufacturer. He told me that he had one while he was in the military and it was one of the best guns he had ever own. Very accurate, reliable, and able to take a lot of abuse. I thanked him for his service and the information on the gun.

Also, I ran into a buddy of mine last week. He had just acquired a FNX 45ACP tactical. It was a beauty and loves it! Here's a pick of a similar gun.

FNX-45-Tactical-FDE.jpg

Top Bottom