• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fordmanchris

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Westfield
    I called Plainfield shooter supply today and all they has was the Fnp9 so I will jus keep looking...will they order guns for you?? Anyone know what the going price is on the usg model??
    thanks

fordmanchris

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Westfield
    If anyone else knows where I could get the fnp-45 usg let me know but i might consider the non-usg model seeing as the usg model might be impossible to find.
    thanks

fordmanchris

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Westfield
    I will probably just get the non-usg model since its in the low $500 range and the only usg model i found was about $650...idk if i can justify spending that much extra for a safety even tho it would be nice to be able to carry it cocked and locked...does anyone carry theirs just cocked?? or is it too risky?
    thanks

IN_Varmntr

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    DeKalb County
    Give the guys at 21st Century Firearms in Bluffton a call. I'm sure they can get you what you want.

I don't have my carry license yet, but when I do get it I'll carry it in the decocked position.

When you are training with it, include a step to cock the hammer prior to putting the sights on target. If there is absolutely no time to cock the hammer during drawing, it's ready to fire in double-action. That should be included in training as well.

The way I've been practicing, I draw from the holster, cock the hammer into single action, and place the sights on target. I can only get faster from there.

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    "FNH FNP-45 USG .45 ACP Double Action/Single Action 4 1/2 Inch Barrel Matte Black Finish 14 Round"

Retail is $752.00, so $650.00 in the Indy area is a good price.

I use to carry the USP in .45, and always carried it cocked and locked. Ran with it during several classes and it did well.

fordmanchris

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Westfield
    "FNH FNP-45 USG .45 ACP Double Action/Single Action 4 1/2 Inch Barrel Matte Black Finish 14 Round"

Retail is $752.00, so $650.00 in the Indy area is a good price.

I use to carry the USP in .45, and always carried it cocked and locked. Ran with it during several classes and it did well.

Actually it was online sorry for the mix up...and i was just looking at it again and it wasnt the usg model it just had the 15 round mag in it so i just got excited and didnt read it all the was I guess lol...o well i will probably just go with the non-usg model if I cant find one not a big deal.

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    That makes sense. Hey, my distributor has one, and only one USG in stock. If you want it I'll sell for $649.99, plus tax. You want it, you need to call the shop quick.

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    I have the pro-40 from Browning which is the same just different name. I like it but I can't find holsters for it. I am actually thinking about getting rid of it. Not because I don't like it just that it is hard to find a good holster to carry it. I have probably shot 200 rounds through it. I have discovered I just like my glocks better. I forgot to add it is one that is able to carry cocked and locked and also has a decocker.

fordmanchris

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Westfield
    I have been doing some research and reading reviews and stuff on this gun and a few of them said it was the non-usg model but mentioned that it had a safety...the usg models are the only fnp-45 with the safety correct?? im guessing they just arent familiar with the gun or something and it really was the usg.

IN_Varmntr

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    DeKalb County
    I have been doing some research and reading reviews and stuff on this gun and a few of them said it was the non-usg model but mentioned that it had a safety...the usg models are the only fnp-45 with the safety correct?? im guessing they just arent familiar with the gun or something and it really was the usg.

Correct. FNP45 is the decocker model only. FNP45 USG is the safety and decocker model, which allows it to be carried cocked and locked.

One person did a review that can be found here...
    FN Forum.NET PS90 FS2000 FN SCAR FiveseveN 5.7x28mm FN Forum.NET :: View topic - FNP-45 / FNP-45 USG In-Depth Review - NOW with Photos!!!

fordmanchris

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Westfield
    Shop is in Bluffton Indiana, about 90 minutes North of Indy on 69. The color is Black.

I want that gun bad now I just have to convience my father to drive out there with me...Im 20 so he has to buy it for me...It sucks to have a permit and not even be able to buy your own gun.

Top Bottom