• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kitty

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Whiting
    I have shot rifles and shot guns through out my life. Did some hunting as a kid with my dad. Tonight was my first time with a handgun.

Well, I finally had a chance to go Deb's (closest range to my home) tonight. I have a little 327 Taurus revolver, not pink but cute. I put 100 rounds through it tonight. Well, actually, 94 were mine and hubby shot six. He said it was my gun and my night so have fun. I don't think I did too terrible, by the end I was able to make slow six shot clusters about the size of my fist. Hubby said the target was set at about 8 feet.

I certainly need training because I know my grip is crap but I had a blast.

So, I have a IWB holster and we had errands to do, so I figured CC. We went to dinner afterward. CC carry turned to sort of OC. See, I forgot to wear an undershirt (i know newbie mistake) so I tucked in my t-shirt half way through dinner. We went for groceries after, so I guess I OC'ed at Ultra.

When we got home I proceeded to get every SPECK of dirt off my gun. My hubby laughed that it was cleaner when I was done than when we brought it home.

So now the entire house hold is sleeping. I have to get up for work at 5am and I'm wired. So I'm here trying to recount my day.

Thanks for listening.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I have shot rifles and shot guns through out my life. Did some hunting as a kid with my dad. Tonight was my first time with a handgun.

Well, I finally had a chance to go Deb's (closest range to my home) tonight. I have a little 327 Taurus revolver, not pink but cute. I put 100 rounds through it tonight. Well, actually, 94 were mine and hubby shot six. He said it was my gun and my night so have fun. I don't think I did too terrible, by the end I was able to make slow six shot clusters about the size of my fist. Hubby said the target was set at about 8 feet.

So, I have a IWB holster and we had errands to do, so I figured CC. We went to dinner afterward. CC carry turned to sort of OC. See, I forgot to wear an undershirt (i know newbie mistake) so I tucked in my t-shirt half way through dinner. We went for groceries after, so I guess I OC'ed at Ultra.

When we got home I proceeded to get every SPECK of dirt off my gun. My hubby laughed that it was cleaner when I was done than when we brought it home.

So now the entire house hold is sleeping. I have to get up for work at 5am and I'm wired. So I'm here trying to recount my day.

Thanks for listening.

Nice to see you finally got your LTCH!

Can you explain this? Why all of the caps and spaces in your posts?

Kitty

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Whiting
    :laugh: I'm sure that turned a few heads. :laugh:

I'm glad you had a great experience.

Actually, no one seemed to notice except one little girl. She was maybe about 5. She pointed to my waistband, giggled, and put her finger to her lips in the SHHH.

Congrats!!!

But where'd you find 100 whole rounds of .327Mag? hehe

-J-

Cabella's carries it, always in stock. They've got a "low recoil" but it is 3x the price.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

Thanks for listening.
    Man I alway's like to hear stories like this and you're attitude and enthusiasm are top notch! :yesway:

bollerman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2011
    I think she's onto something though. I recently got my first firearm and have been to the range 3 times with it in the month I've had it. I cannot get enough! I got such a charge out of it, really. Don't worry, I'm not going to go Homer Simpson with it, but I'm really looking forward to my next range visit.

Top Bottom