• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JSeroka

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I have a Mossberg 500 myself and I LOVE it! I've taken it on target shooting and it is relatively accurate for what I shoot.

For the price the 500 is a good firearm and you can get use to shooting this sized firearm. Then if the need arrives you can upgrade to a quality O/U, someone will always be in the market for a 500 down the line so you can't go wrong there.

viiiupndhead

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Auburn
    You'll probably eventually own both. Get into the pump for now, then save for the O/U. You can pick up the pump and shoot tomorrow. Once you've saved the dough for the O/U, the Pump can be re-appropriated for another task, or sold in an INGOer.

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    My first gun was a Stoeger Condor II O/U. It has never misfired, and has probably had a couple thousand shells or so through it in the 10 years I've owned it. I couldn't be happier since it was a $500 gift from my parents. They even overpaid for the gun. FWIW, Stoeger is part of the Beretta conglomerate.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    It's hardly high-stylin', but I've used my Mossberg pump to pulverize clays quite efficiently. Granted, the only competition was with my husband, but accurate enough for our purposes. If you aren't absolutely sure you're buying for a specific purpose, I wouldn't throw a bunch of money into it.

An inexpensive pump-action gives you the opportunity to drink the milk without having buy the cow, so to speak. At minimum, it's always usable as basic defensive weapon, so if that's all you ever end up using it for, you've not spent good money for naught. There's always room to buy what you end up needing if your purposes take you that way later on.

Top Bottom