First Sat. at the Range! INGO people everywhere...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    So SoundslikeJosh calls and wants to hit the range to show a buddy my P22 which is great because I want to try his Marlin 44. The scheduling was the most random, fraught with failure type but by 2:00 we found each other at the Martinsville sportsman's club blasting away.

But here's the great thing, when I got there another INGO member was already there and as we stayed more showed. BWFrame, IUGradstudent (& is boy), Me, SoundslikeJosh, and one more whose username escapes me were all there along with some guests. Sadly, not one of us was wearing our INGO hats, need to fix that next time.

Anyways, we had a blast with all sorts of guns and rifles. AR's, AK's, Marlin Levers, 10/22's, .17, Glocks, Sigs, P22, Revolvers (Josh's GF has a really nice Model 17!), and other stuff that I have completely forgotten.

Thank goodness for the brass on the tarp trick!

The only surprise was that there was more snow than I had expected and I wore the wrong boots. I need to get waders to leave in the trunk!

Cold, but well worth it. I had a ball.

Oh, and most of all, it was great to see a little guy at the range. Nothing better than seeing a kid learn while still young.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Sounds like a good day for most! The ground's so water-logged everywhere, I'm sure that was fun :)

I wear my hat while out, all day, every day :D Lunch, mall, school, etc. and am ashamed of those who don't! If I didn't want to keep it in good shape, I'd probably sleep in it :)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    It was a nice day and the smell of smokeless powder always helps cure cabin fever. It's great when there is a variety of arms to choose from.

I look forward to meeting more folks at Martinsville SCC. Perhaps we can arrange a Bloomington INGO shoot. I think this has already been discussed, merely a matter of logistics. I vote we pick a day that will be dry.

Thumper

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    South Indy
    Yes sir i did see that dodge.You went to the first pistol range with your buddy.I wish i knew so many were showing up.The fs2000 was shooting
    great today.You should have come on down.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    But here's the great thing, when I got there another INGO member was already there and as we stayed more showed. BWFrame, IUGradstudent (& is boy), Me, SoundslikeJosh, and one more whose username escapes me were all there along with some guests. Sadly, not one of us was wearing our INGO hats, need to fix that next time.

Rats, you must have gotten there right as I was leaving. I should have stuck around (I ran out of ammo).

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    I was shooting at the Atterbury range in '07, and the price just kept going up. Being military, it was free, then $2 per hour, then $5 per hour, and had to bring my own target stands. I haven't been there since, but I really enjoyed shooting there just to meet other people, or it was convienent for my buddies to meet at.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Does anyone ever shoot at Atterbury?

I was at Atterbury on Saturday. They've adjusted their prices again. For hourly, it's now $7 for the first hr, and $5 for each add'l hr. And there's a $5 deposit. They've dropped the 2 hr minimum.

They've doubled their memberships to $240/yr now. I didn't join when it was $120, and so I can't imagine paying $240. That's incredibly expensive.

But it is well-maintained, and they always have range officers on duty. They have target stands now.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    Wife was sick so i played nurse maid :dunno:

I am doing my best to NOT picture in a Nurses' uniform. :laugh:

(think happy thoughts, think happy thoughts... shooting the AR, shooting the AR)

few, there we go :)

Due to church obligations and also the desire to be at church, could we pick a Saturday?

IUGradStudent

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Bloomington, IN
    Fun afternoon last Saturday at the Martinsville Sportsman's Conservation Club!

It was great meeting Techres, Soundslikejosh (& GF), and BWFrame. I pulled in mid-afternoon and saw about half-a-dozen people at the pistol range and I just knew some of them would be from INGO. When I saw Techres's orange RWVA hat I knew I was right. :D

Boy was it slushy! A good time was had anyway. Special thanks to Techres for letting me shoot his airweight S&W. Surprisingly stout recoil even in practice .38 special ammo!

Ok here's a funny story about the drive home. I brought my son with me (5 1/2 years old) and on the way up I quizzed him on the four safety rules -- I do this at home from time to time but I figure now's a good time to do it again since we're headed to the range. Anyway, on the drive home he says to me: "Dad, one of the guys wasn't following the rules." Somewhat surprised I ask who it was. He indicates it was BWFrame. I ask him how he was breaking the rules. He says he had his finger on the trigger before he was ready to shoot. I asked if he was sure because BWFrame has been shooting for a long time and is very careful. He said he was sure. So, I ask him if the gun was pointed down toward the targets when his finger was on the trigger. He says yeah it was. So then I explain to him that it's ok to have your finger on the trigger when the gun is pointed down toward the targets. He says "Oh, ok" and files it away in his brain for future use. I then told him that next time we were there he could tell BWFrame that he saw him breaking one of the rules. He said ok he would do that.

Good times, good times. :D:D:D:D

Here's a pic that Techres shot (thanks Techres!). Note the finger along hte slide. I ended up putting my hand inside of his and having him use his left hand to pull the trigger. Yeah I know I need to get him a Crickett or something...still deciding whether to get him a BB gun first or go straight to a 22! Hope to see you all up there again soon (when it's dry!).

2usz6sj.jpg

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    Hey guys, I don't suppose there is another location in/around Martinsville to shoot is there? The membership there is full (I know, I snoozed) but I would love to join in the fun with everyone some time.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Ok here's a funny story about the drive home. I brought my son with me (5 1/2 years old) and on the way up I quizzed him on the four safety rules -- I do this at home from time to time but I figure now's a good time to do it again since we're headed to the range. Anyway, on the drive home he says to me: "Dad, one of the guys wasn't following the rules." Somewhat surprised I ask who it was. He indicates it was BWFrame. I ask him how he was breaking the rules. He says he had his finger on the trigger before he was ready to shoot. I asked if he was sure because BWFrame has been shooting for a long time and is very careful. He said he was sure. So, I ask him if the gun was pointed down toward the targets when his finger was on the trigger. He says yeah it was. So then I explain to him that it's ok to have your finger on the trigger when the gun is pointed down toward the targets. He says "Oh, ok" and files it away in his brain for future use. I then told him that next time we were there he could tell BWFrame that he saw him breaking one of the rules. He said ok he would do that.
    Be sure to pass along to that sharp young man that even old guys need instruction. If he sees something that even might be wrong, he should be pulling your shirt tail. That's how we all stay safe on the range.:)

It was good to meet and shoot with you guys.

Top Bottom