First Rifle Thoughts (Mega Indecisive NooB)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I'm a fan of the Olyimpic Arms logo and I've always had a huge spot in my heart for the raw dependability of the AK platform. So I have to ask, are Olyimpic Arms carbines dependable, reliable, and made of quality parts? Also what AK manufacturers are note worthy, obviously a WASR10 is a dream price but seems from what I've read that it's a slag rifle. I've heard Arsenal is a dream but at $1200 I might as well get an AR or save up for a SCAR or ACR (crosses fingers) with so many different manufacturers of AK's it's to daunting for me to tackle this question solo. :n00b:

Red Jacket
    WASR
    Arsenal
    Polish
    Bulgarian
    Hungarian etc...

Colt
    Olyimpic Arms
    Armalite etc...
    IMHO in this order...
    AK's
    Russian (Saiga)
    Arsenal
    Yugoslavian
    Chinese
    Bulgarian
    Hungarian
    Romanian

Off the shelf AR's. There are quite a few specialty builders that produce top tier AR's, I did not list those.
    Colt
    Armalite
    Bushmaster
    Rock River
    DPMS
    Olympic

LuckyGunner

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Since your a bit indecisive I would get a Saiga AK and then modify it how ever you want. Saiga receivers are top notch and quite affordable. Over time you can shoot it and figure out what modifications you really need and what would be be a waste of money.

In regards to AR's. Spikes are hard to beat for quality vs price. Colts are a good option also if you aren't spending premium AR money.

SMC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    Cleveland, Ohio
    I recently watched 'The Road' with Viggo Mortenson, and I just want something reliable and I know that, that means an AK and I really would love a Russian one. What makes Colt so much better than the other manufacturers?

Top Bottom