• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Who took the time to lay out all those rounds? That's what people get paid for in NY?

bng1friday.JPG

EDIT: They sure moved fast to pull off this sting...

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    That rifle in that picture is so scary! It could go off all by itself and hurt me even if it is just a picture. The horror, the incarnation of evil!!!

If this doesn't spark outrage in New York State, what will it take?

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    Gee! That certainly doesn't look like an assault rifle to me! :dunno: Pretty much just a standard "Modern Sporting Rifle". :ar15:

I didn't realize this SAFE law had already gone into effect!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    And they said it couldn't happen here, When will we listen to all the warnings?

Every time someone raises a warning, he gets shouted down by a bunch of idiots screaming "THEY'RE NOT GUNNA TAKE UR GUUUUUNSSSSS!!!! DERP DERP DERP!!!" And yes, that's usually how it's spelled.

chibicascade

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Terre Haute
    I like how the article describes the rifle as an "assault weapon" because of the addition of the telescoping buttstock and bayonet lug along with the pistol grip. It would be a shame if someone was comfortable while shooting. At least we won't have another bayonetting!

Light

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Near Fort Wayne
    Gee! That certainly doesn't look like an assault rifle to me! :dunno: Pretty much just a standard "Modern Sporting Rifle". :ar15:

I didn't realize this SAFE law had already gone into effect!

Certain parts did almost immediately (like private sales)

Things like possession of illegal magazines is going to have a year to take effect.

I also assume that we are going to see a LOT more of this because of NYers not complying. Wonder how long it will be before one shoots back.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    "Add to that, he was willing to sell to someone without knowing anything about their background"

given the tendency for NY police officers shooting up the empire state building, yeah, he did sell to some dangerous people...

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    The complaint also alleges that in February 2013, Wassell sold an Armalite AR-10 Magnum Semiautomatic Rifle to the NYS Police undercover investigator, in violation of the newly enacted New York Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement Act of 2013 which made illegal the Transfer, Sale, Exchange and Disposal of an Assault Weapon to a Person Unauthorized to Possess such a Weapon.

The article says that Wassell also sold an "assault weapon":eek: :rolleyes: to an undercover investigator when the law makes such sale (etc.) "to a person unauthorized to possess such a weapon" an unlawful act.

Investigators are police officers, right? So police aren't even able to be trusted with "assault weapons"? :eek: :rolleyes:

Sounds like that's an easy dismissal. If not, however, hopefully, the people of the state of New York are familiar with Jury Nullification.

Blessings,
    Bill

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    The complaint also alleges that in February 2013, Wassell sold an Armalite AR-10 Magnum Semiautomatic Rifle to the NYS Police undercover investigator, in violation of the newly enacted New York Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement Act of 2013 which made illegal the Transfer, Sale, Exchange and Disposal of an Assault Weapon to a Person Unauthorized to Possess such a Weapon.

The article says that Wassell also sold an "assault weapon":eek: :rolleyes: to an undercover investigator when the law makes such sale (etc.) "to a person unauthorized to possess such a weapon" an unlawful act.

Investigators are police officers, right? So police aren't even able to be trusted with "assault weapons"? :eek: :rolleyes:

Sounds like that's an easy dismissal. If not, however, hopefully, the people of the state of New York are familiar with Jury Nullification.

Blessings,
    Bill
    I agree. That is certainly the argument I'd make. If the word of the law is correct in the article, then it is not illegal to sell a firearm, but only illegal to sell it to an improper person. A cop would be a proper person, even if he was pretending to be a criminal. Unlike drug distribution, it does not appear to be a law against intent.

But it can't be that easy, can it? It's not like this law was hastily slapped together where there would be huge loopholes and mistakes in it, like... oh, I don't know... forgetting to exempt law enforcement from the high-cap magazine ban.

Top Bottom