• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tskin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    West Central Indiana

The liberals are mad that Rush is badmouthing the Messiah. The Fairness Doctrine says something like for every hour (or whatever the time limit is) there's a conservative radio show there should also be an hour of a liberal show. They used to have a liberal station called Air America or something like that - Al Franken had a show on there. I think it failed though because they're idiots.

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    Definately sounds like not only a violation of the First Amendment, but a direct strike at the free market, conservatism, and capitalism. Don't worry, it will insure that Rush is on half the time when the "Indoctrination Seminars" start!

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    Well the whole thing makes no sense to me. If liberals want a radio talk show then simply start one!
    IF (and I cannot see how it would happen) anything close to a "fairness doctrine" were to pass then who would fund the liberal talk shows.
    I am led to believe that this has all come about because a liberal senators spouses' liberal talk radio show went broke and had to shut down. :rolleyes:
    Also if there were anything like a "real" "fairness doctrine" then what would stop conservatives from putting conservative resonses to liberal news networks? :dunno:

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA

Well the whole thing makes no sense to me. If liberals want a radio talk show then simply start one!
    IF (and I cannot see how it would happen) anything close to a "fairness doctrine" were to pass then who would fund the liberal talk shows.
    I am led to believe that this has all come about because a liberal senators spouses' liberal talk radio show went broke and had to shut down. :rolleyes:
    Also if there were anything like a "real" "fairness doctrine" then what would stop conservatives from putting conservative responses to liberal news networks?

Yes, It's Unfair and Anti First Amendment and a move by Democrats to silence their critics. Do Not Worry Sheeple, All is Well :xmad:

It's a Money thing. If they claim equal time under the UnFairness Doctrine, the station must provide free equal air time for the Liberal Democrat Response. The stations will not want to pay for the free equal response and will pressure them to just drop the conservative programs. The new term is "Localism"

Last edited:

tskin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    West Central Indiana
    Also if there were anything like a "real" "fairness doctrine" then what would stop conservatives from putting conservative resonses to liberal news networks? :dunno:

I can't remember who said this but someone today compared it to a music radio station. They said everytime the station played a rock n roll song, they'd have to follow it up with some polka music..... Just crazy

nobletucky

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I have heard something along these lines in Canada. Something like one in every five songs must be composed or sang by a Canadian singer/ composer. So you hear Cilen Dion and Nickelback five or so times each per hour. Thats hearsay, like I said, don't know if it's true.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    The fainess doc was something that was cooked up (i think) during the Clinton years but never came to pass. Now that the neo-marxist are back in power they will be pushing for this for exaclty what most have posted already. It's a way to shut up Rush, Savage, Hanity (??sp??) and all other conservative talk host. Air America (neo-marxist talk show) went belly under because no body was listening to it. The People did not care for it. Savage has stated that if the fairness document starts he will just move his show to the inetrent (streaming online) to avoid it and predicts that conservatives will just go underground.

The neo-marxist say it gives minorities a chance to get into radio which is BS! We have a good amount of spanish stations that provide services/info to that segment of the population. Other minorites in various regions also have their own stations so that is just BS in play.

Top Bottom