• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    Shiver, they are only against it till someone rapes and kills their wife or daughter. Then they want blood of the accused and no trial necessary.

Shiver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2014
    The dumpster
    If you actually study a lot of the scholarly writings about the 10 Commandments, you will find that many consider it to mean "Thou Shalt not murder." Murder is definitely different than killing.

YES! Thank you!

There is Justifiable killings. Even written about in the bible. Those of you who do not believe in the justifiable killing of another human throw down your EDC pistols right now. Because we all know why we carry. It ain't to wound or scare the bad guy that seeks to do us harm. It is meant to kill. If you have no intentions of killing your attacker you won't survive the attack. Sorry.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    That's pretty interesting. In principle I am in favor of the death penalty, but I don't really trust the judicial system with that kind of responsibility.

dshaf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    I'm for the guillotine or whatever means needed to rid thid world of serial killers,rapists etc... The thou shalt not kill theory is not a good argument against Capitol punishment. In many biblical cases were criminal stoned or slain by whatever means needed

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    It makes sense. It is relatively quick and painless, and given that other countries are refusing to supply the drugs a logical choice.

What happened to thou shall not kill.
    We're discussing legal punishments, not religious prohibitions.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I have no issues with the firing squad. Or the death penalty in general. As for the wrong people being executed wrongly, The appeals system appears to be working these days if the DNA evidence is setting some free?? That's what the appeals system is for. Murderers being rewarded with a life time of care just doesn't seem like punishment enough.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    All of you who are so full of bloodlust... just wait until you are the one falsely accused of something and you see how all of the people that are just like you start lining up to accuse you of made up stuff because they just can't stand to see somebody that they assume surely must be guilty of something go free. You will suddenly realize just how f***ed up the criminal justice system really is.

ponch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    rite now theres a black actor who used to play a beloved dr & father on tv. inreal life he was a scumbag who would lure women into situations they had no control. at first nobody believed the accusers but after all the women have had the same STORY its time to do something

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    It's a foreseeable consequence, and just goes to show you. We bend over backwards trying to find a more "painless" way of executing criminals...then, the Death Penalty opponents try to exploit it to get rid of the DP entirely. So - we wind up back with something from the 1800s.

I'm in favor of the "Mike Rowe Approach" to the Death Penalty. Let's stop bending over backwards to appease the anti-law & order crowd. Bring back "Sparky" in as many states as possible. This gives you an execution method which can be cobbled together with a Carpenter and an Electrician - people who don't take any Hippocratic Oath, and who are likely already on the payroll of the Prison Warden. V=IR. It doesn't take years in a Pharmaceutical Lab to figure out. It gets all the Big Pharma/Medical Ethicists and other highly-educated and overpaid Douchebags out of the way, so we can let the Blue Collar guys who know how to get stuff done, get stuff done.

In retrospect, all death by injection has accomplished, is to allow highly-specialized professionals with complicated codes of professional ethics from other fields into a subject area where they have no business being. Let's get back to High Voltage again, and get these investor-focused douchebags out of the criminal execution business. We were stupid to ever try to make this painless. That allows the camel's nose of compassion to get under the tent, where it has no business being.

Hanging was also developed into a rather perfected and quick method of execution at one time.

But regardless, the people who say they're for "Life in Prison" and no Death Penalty, simply do not understand how the criminal justice system really works. Plea Bargaining is a way of life. In most cases, the people who actually end up serving Life in Prison, only get it because they agreed to bargain away any chance of freedom in exchange for the Prosecutor taking the Death Penalty off the table. It's amazing what convicts will do, not to die (which, incidentally, also puts some lie to the idea that the DP isn't a deterrent). Plea bargaining is negotiation; and where that negotiation ends, strongly depends on where it begins. With the Death Penalty outlawed, these negotiations begin in a very different place. If Life in Prison is the worst they can possibly get, the defense attorney _begins_ with the intention of, "let's see if we can get you your freedom at some point in the future." And my guess is, some will eventually end up getting out and threatening people again.

If you're in favor of Life Without Parole, understand that it requires a Death Penalty in the menu of options, in most cases, to actually make that happen.

Last edited:

Shiver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2014
    The dumpster
    All of you who are so full of bloodlust... just wait until you are the one falsely accused of something and you see how all of the people that are just like you start lining up to accuse you of made up stuff because they just can't stand to see somebody that they assume surely must be guilty of something go free. You will suddenly realize just how f***ed up the criminal justice system really is.

Have you been falsely accused? If so are you not now free? Yes the criminal justice system is ****ed up. Because it allows the most vial of us an easy and relatively comfortable life. Sure they are locked in a cage, sure they are devoid of freedom and privacy. But they never have to go hungry, they never don't have a roof over their head, they are never cold in the winter or hot in the summer, the get free health screenings, in some aspects they live a better life than I do. I've worked hard everyday of my life since I was 10 years old to help provide for my family, I know what its like to be very poor, to be hungry and cold. Why should the most disgusting and dangerous elements in human existence live better than me? What did I do to deserve a worse life than a murderer or rapist? I at sometime in my life did have to choose between being hungry or cold this week. Do they? All I ever did was refuse to take a handout from Uncle Sam, choosing instead to forge my own way. They get a free and easy ride for heinous crimes. Is that what you call fair? I sure as hell don't. I will agree to life imprisonment if it consists of a life in a hole in the ground with a barbed wire floor and meals once a week of bread and water.

Top Bottom