Finally Happened - I caught the plague...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    My wife and I were just talking about us not getting it when just about everyone we know has had it. Are there numbers out on what percent of the population has had it ?

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I had the OG strain back in Jan 1 2021. Runny nose and loss of smell. No one in my house ever got it. My nephews have had it recently but it was very similar to flu for a day or 2 and they were fine.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    March ‘20 OG knocked me on my ass for 2 weeks. I have a pretty good immune system. I ate a lot of dirt as a kid and greasy sammiches as an adult. But it still kicked me pretty good. 22 months later I had it and had about 2 hard days of fever/aches/fatigue and then back to normal. Wife had it at the same time and had a reaction like my first. She didn’t get it first time around. She’s a teacher and we have a normal protocol when one of us gets sick. The other sleeps in the spare room until we are healthy to keep from passing crap back and forth.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I got it for round 2 several weeks ago. Three days of mild cold, two days of farting around the house "on isolation", and then back in the office no problem. Mild fever for one day, only noticed it because I went in for the sore throat and got checked out.

Night and day difference from the first round. Covid is nothing now.

Vodnik4

Aspiring Redneck
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2021
    Monroe
    My wife and I were just talking about us not getting it when just about everyone we know has had it. Are there numbers out on what percent of the population has had it ?
    My family is just like that — everyone around has it, we never did.
    Best guess: we did catch it, maybe even several times, but our immune system fought it off without any symptoms.
    There are some findings coming out now showing how many people had even the OG strain completely asymptomatic, close to 50%.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I'm still here.

Also still coughing with sore throat. Although now my cough is productive.

This thing is hanging on and dragging out.

It's not like I'm bedridden. I can get up and do things, I just can't DO them in public with anyone else around. I'm not going to infect anyone else IF I can help it.

So, a little bit of housecleaning and other stuff.

Regards,

Doug

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Still no covid for wife and I but her brother all jabs got it last week, doing good in a couple days. My daughter in law got it bad with my son over a year ago...to this day she can't smell anything...nothing. Its all gone and don't look like its ever coming back since its been over a year.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I was told I had it, despite all the negative test results.

Like over 99+%, I survived.

My confidence level that I will die is at least that high.

My confidence level that it will not be due to "covid" is even higher.

The pandemic has been a scamdemic.

State can burn in Hell.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    Still no covid for wife and I but her brother all jabs got it last week, doing good in a couple days. My daughter in law got it bad with my son over a year ago...to this day she can't smell anything...nothing. Its all gone and don't look like its ever coming back since its been over a year.
    I got it April 2021, lost all smell and almost all taste (I could taste sugary stuff). Taste is pretty much all the way back, though some things taste different to me, but smells are still coming back. Just a couple weeks ago I was able to smell the landfill again, yay.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    January through March for me and my GF. She couldn't smell anything and only got a little of it back. I never lost my sense of smell, but my sense of taste was badly off while sick. Now a few things taste different to me, but most things are back to normal.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Unless something gets really nasty this will be my final post.

Symptoms are almost gone. I still have a cough but nowhere near as bad as before. I now have what feels like "stuffed up ears" of all things. Sounds seem a little dull but otherwise Okay. Even that seems to be slowly going away. My throat isn't sore anymore.

I certainly don't discount the potential risk to people already in a frail condition, but I do believe that it's severity was massively over-exagerated.

2017 - 2018 was the most lethal Flu (short for influenza) season in recent times. 52,000 Americans died that year from complications stemming from the flu. A true tragedy for those who lost loved ones. Covid is/was worse, I'll concede that. But "worse enough" to shut down our entire economy? This I do not believe.

Tens of thousands died because of the shutdowns! The medical industry over-reacted in many places and cancer testing was delayed. Treatments were delayed. People were afraid to even go for medical care for other things and so disconnected from life saving tests and/or treatments. Depression went up. Opiod addiction went up as a result. Other addictions as well. Children were deprived of several years of emotional growth and socialization. This damage is irreparable.

The economic harm will eventually be felt. The stimulus payments did help people in the short term, but the debt incurred will eventually bite us in the butt. Our CPA's are having an impossible time dealing with all of the tax changes and filing changes Congress made stupidly.

However, we got through it. Not just the disease but the hysteria surrounding it. We have hopefully learned what NOT to do in the future, at least not to panic.

To now quote Spock, "Tell mother I feel fine."

Regards,

Doug

Top Bottom