• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    I never get to brag... and this isn't anything super special, but it took me a lot of research and time to finish. Did all the internal work myself including my own trigger job, polished all the metals with a dremel and upgraded the springs.

Its my first rifle and I had no previous experience breaking down or working on a gun before this one.

Not the fanciest or the most expensive 10/22... but she's mine :ar15:

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Nice looking. It isn't clear in your post what you used the Dremel on, so being this is your first work on a firearm, make sure you do some extensive testing of your fire control mechanism to ensure you still have a safe trigger!

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    ^thanks Dremel was primarily used to polish all the internals nice and smooth, including the bolt

I did mod the the trigger and have shot the hell out of it since.... Its lighter, but definitely not hair trigger light or dangerous.

safety first :D

Besides... there is a lot more wrong with my shootin than the trigger haha... but I'm getting there.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Promag archangel deluxe stock
    ER Shaw threaded 16" bull barrel (Huntertown Arms 7.62 can waiting stamp)
    Ruger BX-Mag
    Cheapy Barska 3x9 scope

Scope is working fine for what I am using it for now, but I'd like to upgrade the scope eventually to a crossfire.... however, I'll be starting my .300blackout build next, so that might have to wait.

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    Mmmmm...me likes building up 10/22's
    You can spend as little or as much as you want...

They are fun, cheap to shoot...Great Job on your build! :D
    I find them sexy all dressed in black!

How do you like that stock?

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Mmmmm...me likes building up 10/22's
    You can spend as little or as much as you want...

They are fun, cheap to shoot...Great Job on your build! :D
    I find them sexy all dressed in black!

How do you like that stock?

I actually really like it. I don't have a whole lot to compare it to I guess, but the receiver sits in nice and snug. No extra play anywhere. The barrel has plenty of clearance.

Obviously with the barrel and this stock its better off left on the bipod, but it shoots great. Maybe if I can get out to Kingsbury range, ill try to do a novice range report with it.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Promag archangel deluxe stock
    ER Shaw threaded 16" bull barrel (Huntertown Arms 7.62 can waiting stamp)
    Ruger BX-Mag
    Cheapy Barska 3x9 scope

Scope is working fine for what I am using it for now, but I'd like to upgrade the scope eventually to a crossfire.... however, I'll be starting my .300blackout build next, so that might have to wait.

what are your 10/22 threads are they 1/2x28 or 5/8x24?

kboom524

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    New Haven
    Nice looking 10/22 you have there. Now all we need is a range report on how well it shoots. Looks like you need to go out and shoot it for us.:rockwoot:

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Nice rifle!
    How do you like the stock? Been thinking about getting one for mine.

I really do like the stock... again, I don't have any other stocks to compare it except the factory synthetic, but the fit is excellent. It seems ultra durable and the finish is pretty good. For what it is, I think its great depending on what your using it for.

Not the best setup for off hand shooting, but off of a bench or from a bipod, its excellent.

Bap1911

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 29, 2011
    NE Indy
    This is a great looking setup!! It's definitely giving me some ideas on what I would want a 10/22 to look like if I make that my next project!

Igotgills2

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Fort Fun
    Nice plinker. Have been kickin around doing this as well. Still procrastinating but need to get in gear with summer in full swing now, more time to shoot!!

mac45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2008
    I really do like the stock... again, I don't have any other stocks to compare it except the factory synthetic, but the fit is excellent. It seems ultra durable and the finish is pretty good. For what it is, I think its great depending on what your using it for.

Not the best setup for off hand shooting, but off of a bench or from a bipod, its excellent.

This one would be mostly off a bench or w/ a bipod, so it sounds like it should work fine.
    Thanks

Top Bottom