• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    Having the BATF come to your home 1 or 2 times a year and climbing elbow deep up your A@@ to check your paper work and making sure every gun you have in your home (if thats were your FFL is reg.) is on your books as part of your INV. and i do mean every gun even if it is something that was handed down to you and you wouldn't sell for anything in the world :twocents::laugh:

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    FFL is not just to be used to buy personal guns

What are the benefits of a ffl besides selling guns ?

The BATF now frowns on people getting a license to buy guns at wholesale pricing for their own use. People used to do that in the past and they are trying to stop it. Unless you are going to actually do sales and transfers you are better to go to a site like Buds and buy from them. Unless you go into the business of selling and handling transfers for others on a regualar basis you will not get rich doing this and it can restrict your free time waiting for the UPS guy.

Hope this helps, any more questions PM me.

Dick

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    I don't exactly agree with you on this.

Having the BATF come to your home 1 or 2 times a year and climbing elbow deep up your A@@ to check your paper work and making sure every gun you have in your home (if thats were your FFL is reg.) is on your books as part of your INV. and i do mean every gun even if it is something that was handed down to you and you wouldn't sell for anything in the world :laugh:

Not exactly true, you have your bound book for your business and you also have to keep a list of your private firearms. I have been an FFL for six years and never had a BATF person do an inspection but I am ready if they do. They are not out to get the gun owners or FFL's, matter of fact I find that they go out of their way to help me whenever I have questions. Same with the FBI folks. :twocents:

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    A friend of mine with his FFL , could just be because the type business he does, has the batf come to his home atleast once a year.. As i said could just be because of the type business he does ..(auctions)
    He does ALOT of transfers .
    So i know the BATF does keep a VERY close eye on him ..
    I do feel much better though knowing the don't do it to all Privately held FFL ..
    Thanks fo clearing it up

bailey5460

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Kokomo
    So do you have to be a business owner to have a ffl? Or just because you have a license you get wholesale prices? hhhhmmmm

Top Bottom